Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3683&start_row=1

Food Blessings

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Queenly Sent: 9/14/2009 8:33:03 PM

Blessed Peace to all

Rather than food restrictions, go to food blessings. From days of no meat no dairy no preserve, no this no that. What comes to give thanks, a depleted body, a soul that craves to be full. Rather than take in this strangers food, from imprisonment or abuse, detainment or torture, and still only want vege food, nuh to survive, not afraid of white food, startch, potato rice, dairy give me chicken any day over this tablet.
So be blessed, food that nourish no doubt.

In all faith secure the I

Queenly

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/14/2009 9:06:46 PM

To I, Food Blessings is I Ital food.

I never once craved flesh when I stopped eating it. I never really liked flesh when I was younger, so it was a Blessing when I freed Iself from it.

I don't feel deprived, and I have no cravings for flesh. My nose rejects the smell of dead flesh, so I don't even like to be near it.

This is I structure, so this is I trod. Everybody should eat according to what they want. I don't have any problem with people who eat flesh, I Livity is not for everybody.

Messenger: osar Sent: 9/14/2009 10:36:11 PM

yhwh said*** it foods convenient for you.

RASTAFARI LIVES......

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 9/18/2009 7:38:30 AM

No My Lord,

I strongly disagree with you My Lord Ark I.

Everybody should not just eat what they WANT, as WANTS, LIKES AND DISLIKES, PREFERENCES are not the proper guide to eating correct, nor is it a guide to living Truth, which is what all people should be aspiring to.Desires are the animal part of us, we cannot follow that part, look what the world has become because that part of men have driven them to corrupt the world, we must follow Truth and Right, that naturally obey Jah within I, the Iyest part of I Spirit, I Divine Self.

Therefore if one is attempting to live Truth and Righteousness, naturally one will not partake of meat, as eating dead animals opposes Truth and Right.

This is because the Law of Life (maat)means that there is interdependence and interrelation between all things in existence. Every animal have their place in the food chain and eating them has proven to destabilise the natural balance that exists, and that is why there is so many species of animals extinct now and problems with the environment. Numerous environmental experts have admitted that if everyone stop eating meat the planet would be able to heal itself because there wouldnt be so much jdgment pollution.

Fire burn an paralyse the wicked weakheart cannibals in high places of affluency in this white world, who are feasting on Baboons, Tropical Birds, Elephants, and all the wildlife in Zion (Afrika) and the eartf

Ital is Vital Eat Meat and You Get Defeat Rastafari Put the Wicked Under Feet

HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

PS: FIRE BURN YHWH AND YAHWEH AND JEEZUS AND HIS GANG AND LICK DEM DOWN TO THE GROUND WITH FIYA AND FLAMES IN DIS LAST JUDGMENT

FIRE PON CONVENIENCE, RASTAFARI LIVE TRUTH LIVITY

HOLY KING EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Iam Iam
Prophet JahPaskal

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/18/2009 9:41:26 AM

When I said people should eat what they want, I didn't mean it so generally, I meant it in terms of if they want to eat flesh, then go ahead and eat flesh. The problems with humans who eat flesh in these times, is that too many completely abuse this and overeat it and don't have the right balance between vegetables and flesh. If people ate flesh more moderately and ate more vegetables, like they used to, there would not be an upset in balance in the earth. But people have become very indulgent and overdo so many things, that they have caused imbalances in so many areas. The only thing that I say to flesh eaters is that they should have more respect for the animals so that they don't overconsume, and that everybody who eats flesh should, at least once in their life, kill an animal, skin it and cut it up and then eat it, so they have more realization of what they are eating. This way the flesh they eat is more than just a package on a shelf that is easy to overconsume. If they have the proper respect and acceptance of what they are eating, I feel there would be more moderation and more balance.

Messenger: osar Sent: 9/18/2009 1:18:36 PM

bother YHWH to me is saying RASTAFARI.... IIII and H.I.M. refers to the allmighty GOD.
one love one god one destiny.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/18/2009 4:07:25 PM

Another thing I would like to add is that when I have looked in the past to see what arguments people have about humans eating flesh or not, both sides of the fence just speak half the truth in order to push their argument.

After reading the various sources and filling in the other half of the truth in each, I found that humans are not designed to be carnivores, but are designed to eat both vegetables and animal products or be vegetarian, provided they have a way of getting B12 throgh dairy or stomach bacteria (Most people don't have the bacteria needed in their stomach to do this).

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/18/2009 7:20:40 PM

I heard that some Bobo RasTafarI eat fish. Is this true?

Also, what are good vegan sources of B12?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/19/2009 10:49:58 PM

I know some Bobo who eat fish, but I don't know how commonplace it is; and I think it is accepted, but I don't know for sure if it is officially accepted.

As far as I know, there are no vegan sources of B12, unless the I considers synthetically made B12 vegan if it is not derived from an animal. Certain vegetables have something similar to B12, but it is not processed by our system as B12, and it can actually prevent the absorption of B12 from other sources because it takes its place without doing its work.

There are examples of some Hindus who are vegan and still have enough B12, but usually if these people move to Britain or some other western place, they no longer have enough and can get sick from a deficiency. I have read somewhere that some think it is because in India, they ate insect eggs stuck on the vegetables and maybe even some insects that didn't get washed off the food. They think that because of the insecticide use and more thorough washing of the vegetables in western countries(even before it gets to the grocery store), that people don't end up eating the insect eggs and things on vegetables. I don't think that is what is really happening, although I do agree that it is related to the pesticides and other chemicals and over-sterilized lifestyle in the west.

I think that because of the west's love of chemicals, we either kill of the sources of the good bacteria that would help produce B12, or kill what is inside us if there is any.

One issue with B12 deficiency is that a person can be vegan for 10 or more years in some cases before they become deficient. B12 is stored in the liver and a lot of people have enough storage to last several years.

I am not vegan, I eat dairy products. I know some don't agree with that, but the way I trod is that I don't put dead flesh into I body, because in the Nazarite vow it shows that I am not to go near any dead body, but milk is not dead flesh. The way I see it, if I am missing something without taking an vitamin or supplement pill, then I am lacking something that I should be eating.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I