Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=366&start_row=1

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/15/2004 11:10:24 PM

Bredda Alex suggested splitting the topics into categories.

I purposely didn't have the topics split up into categories, because I found in I own experience, that sometimes certain people only reason in certain categories on other forums. And in some cases, reasonings could fit into more than one category. Another issue I have is that if a person wants to look at the most recent reasonings, then they have to look in each category.

So what I think would be a good way to handle categories, is that when someone first comes to the forum, they see the reasonings as they are now. And there will be a drop down box to filter the reasonings for the different categories. So that if someone wanted to only look at reasonings about livity, then they would select livity, and only the livity reasonings would show up. When someone posts a new topic, they will be able to choose what category to put it in.

Let I know what the I them think about this, and I welcome some suggestions of the different categories that would be good. Also, I might need some Idren and Sistren to help go through the older posts and put them into categories.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 6/16/2004 2:14:35 AM

yes I, I thought it would be better to put the topics into categories because wehen one comes first here and he wants to open a new topic he doesn't has to look at all the topics. if there where categories (in a drop down box) one would have it easier to look if there's allready a topic which is bout the same theme one wants to write about.

some categories could be (like on rastafari.suddenlaunch.com):

- Words Of Wisdom

- Literature/script reasoning

- Haile Selassie I

- Marcus Garvey

- Music

- News

- History

- The Movement + The three Houses

- Ital Livity

etc...

I think the I's idea with the drop down boxes is quite a good solution, Ark I.

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 6/17/2004 12:18:47 AM

Beloved COmmunity JAH RASTA FAR I

ALl heartical RASpect to the ones and all glory to the MOST HIGH HAILE I SELASSIE I...

It sems the format is ABUNDANT in I-nity....due to it lack of of classification...

For I, Nefertiti, I site that "topics" that I might skip over becuz of a lack of interest(more truthfully-AWARENESS) are radiated here for I.

I site RASTA livity as that imaging the flow of nature, natural seasonal, and all emcompassing.

me on other boards (this is no dis raspect to them and JAH know that), and often there are vampires and imposters who just troll for "hot topics" not for overstanding or seeking knowledge, but rather to burst in and just BUMBA KLATT DIVISON.

DIVISION is SIN. I site Rasta livity is not about divison or categories.

I site the Bredren about looking up topics...Yet I site the esential freedom of Jah power beyond all those categories of man's invention. I self have found a much broader al encompassing, iternal awareness.
JAH in all things...glory knowledge, truth, movement, HIM, etc...Rasta global not linear, ya check ?

Not to be exclusive.... but this yard is a CRUICAL place for one who WANT to be here.

INI heartically hail up REASONING and don't run away from the contraversy WHEN the i's are REASONING for VIBES to be fed and to feed.

Ark I has sited many fiyah here, but that is cool, cuz fire purifies....Not sited much gas. Most forums with topics get poisoned with ...GAS is just stinky and makes u sick and meses with your mind.

What I am trying to say is that the flow is a blessing because Jah reveals what is to be sited today for INI.

ANyhow, I getting too many words, but i hope the i site I vibes.

ONE AIM ONE LOVE ONE DESTINY

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/17/2004 9:37:52 AM

Yes I Nefertiti, I sight what the I is saying.

Another thing is that the search function allows people to look up words for reasonings about it. So if someone wants to sight reasonings about a particular thing, they can search for it.

I would like to hear from more people about it to see other views. I don't feel that it is necessary to have categories. But that may be because I am always reasoning here and looking through the new topics as they come. But I also sight what Bredda Alex is saying, and some people might like the option to filter the reasonings, especially people who first come here. And if it is designed the way I proposed, then people will always see the reasonings as they are now. And if they choose a particular category, then the reasonings will be filtered with this category only for the moment that they choose to filter. So the next time they come to the reasoning forum, they would again see the reasonings as they are now.

I also thought that if categories were used, then it would be made so that people can choose more than one category for a reasoning. So if the reasonings fit in two or three categories, then people won't have to choose between them, but can pick all three.

I welcome more opinions on this matter. So far, I am undecided because I sight what Bredda Alex and Nefertiti are saying, and both of them make good points.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: seeking Sent: 6/19/2004 7:24:08 AM

Ark I ...

I am new here ... and it's true ... one 'trawls' and one hits .. I have been blessed so far to use the search function and to find what I am seeking ... either way, will be good ... sometimes we have to try the new to see if we can improve on the old ... and sometimes the old is perfect for it itinues to facilitate open communication without categorisation ...

me going round and round ... suffice to say, you visioned .. listen to I-self ..

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I