Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3540&start_row=1

RastafarI women

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 5/23/2009 2:40:49 PM

Greetings of LOVE AND PEACE One and all,
What is the works and position of women among Rastafari people? I ask this question to the women especially. This question came about after I was watching ' Roots Daughters The Women Of Rastafari'. Am trying to get it posten here, but it is a big file. Anyways, some of the women are not only treated less, but are accepting it to be so. As if Jah seh so.
I couldn't believe it.
An elder said something like " Man is the head of the house, women must listen and obey" and continued using some Ible verse.
This is wrong to I. The sexist brain washing scheme is still going on. Really with out woman there is no life, just as is with Man.
so what is the position of woman among I and I RastafarI?
Jah RastafarI
Blessed senbet

Messenger: love is Sent: 5/23/2009 7:16:15 PM

seh if i may,
i don't know how to put this the best
but..perhaps, the man and the woman of the home be one together the head; when it is right when it is perfect the relationship and the understanding of another that is. all shall flow.

hmm
with very little knowledge of relationship

seh that brings into question what is a man.
but when a man is that man, the woman seh shall have no worry or no question, for he shall tend to all the needs, and then some.

its a tough one,

love

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 5/24/2009 7:56:11 AM

"for he shall tend to all the needs, and then some."
what is equality then?
but it seems that you are jumpin of the subject. overs what i asked.

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 5/24/2009 8:12:12 AM

www.megaupload.com/?d=M6SLU2JL

maybe this site can provide the download

Messenger: love is Sent: 5/24/2009 11:42:11 AM

yes i did jump the subject and fail to answer the question, seh though one of me goals is to be that man,
it is hard, i shall check out that website though

love

Messenger: love is Sent: 5/24/2009 4:47:11 PM

seh there is a password in order to extract the file

bless

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 5/24/2009 10:06:51 PM

Being obedient to a king does not make I n I wombman inferior. When Selassie was crowned he crowned his queen same way, a true example of "bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh"
I would love to be a queen and be obedient to a king and a king honoring I. It is a natural order-
Father, Son, Spirit= trinity
Father, Mother, Child= trinity do you get what I'm trying to say.

Many rasta men though have many queens because of Solomon. But, Solomon was able to provide equally because he was rich. I getting off path with what I'm saying.

I see many hail Selassie but don't even recognize Empress Menen. I see many hail Selassie and Menen and don't even practice principles.

Empress Menen had her role
Haile Selassie had his role

The MAN has his role
The WOMBMAN has her role, but together creates a royal oneness.

A strong rastaman, a true king alpha, will be the head of the household carrying out the job Jah Rastafari set forth. A true Queen Omega, the strength side by side her King Alpha is Jah order.

For a wombman to be virtous, to be obedient, does not mean to be downpressed. But, she will treat her king like the royalty Jah want I n I to live. The King in return will honor the wombman and treat she the way Jah want I n I to be.

Many have the I-cept wrong.

No offense, I think it is just difficult to find a rastaman who even wants a virtous wombman. So, I n I should not spend time searching, for everything is Jah. Whoever Jah want I n I to be with, I n I will be.

Ok, I kind of rambled on...I'm done..

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 5/25/2009 3:21:51 AM

what about when Rastafari people say women is the begining of evil.
This not about obedience, this is just saying that women are just inferior.
Don't get me wrong this does not have any thing with relationship enz.
Why are women not allowed to speak in a gathering?
whay are women not allowed to chant nayabhingi drums?
while the name comes after the queen Herself?

"Many rasta men though have many queens because of Solomon. But, Solomon was able to provide equally because he was rich." which is wrong H.I.M must be the example ONE queen.
what funny is that many women also accept another women in the house.

i will reason later ...
blessed

Messenger: Selam Sent: 5/25/2009 9:54:44 AM

Blessed Love,

I feel the position should be the same for both Rasta Man and Wombman.
The position being in one accordance with the most HIGH, H.I.M. (both His and Her Imperial Majesty).
In my personal experience as a RastafarI Wombman I have been to Nyabinghi where i beat the drum, I have been to BoBo services where the Empresses sang.
I have had many beautiful conversations with RastaMen that have not only listened to what i have to say but wanted to hear it, both in congregation and in private.
I dont have A Rasta Brethren whom denotes or inferiorates Wombman in any way. The Rasta Sistren that i am blessed to know hold them selves high, and reflect the Royalty of Menen.
I do know of men and woman whom think woman to be inferior or to not speak or to do as they say, but i do not feel these beings are in one accordance with what we know H.I.M. set forth for us...
If there is any Empress out there that feels inferior or less in any way let her free herself from that mind trap and let her grow into the strong Royal Wombman the most HIGH intended her to be...
If there are any Rasta Men out there preventing this birth right to growth and expression then let him come out of his mind trap too and let him see how his house glories when his Empress is free from Babylon slave mind and bound with the Love that is given to any Man/Wombman that refuses to bow to flesh.

I humbly bow to the God/Godess.

Haile Selassie I and Menen guide and protect us all...

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 5/25/2009 10:49:07 AM

BLESSED, sorry the password is reggaeddl.com

True word sound

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I