Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3415&start_row=1

IS drinking alcohol against the teachings of rastafari?

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Humble Rasta Sent: 3/9/2009 6:29:03 AM

Rasta bless-ins!
InI was meditating on this for a while after hearing views from ada Rastaman.
I hear dat alcohol is against the teachings of His Majesty and should be avoided at all costs.
Anada view was dat alcohol is fine as long as you dont get drunk.
I would like to know what The I thinks about this.
I just joined dis site and haven't had time to read everything on the reasoning list.
give thanks for the life Giver and Keeper of life Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I Jah Rastafari.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/9/2009 11:30:41 AM

Alcohol works against Iritual Heights.

So it is possible to occasionally drink alcohol and not completely destroy your Heights, because they will return afterwards. But for people who Livicate their Irits to RasTafarI, alcohol has no place. Because I and I trod is to always be in the Heights.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 3/9/2009 2:18:01 PM

Well put Ark I! Easy to overstand and true word sound!

Peoples can drink alcohol without doing any serious damage to the irits, however it is still an obstruction to the Ites.

For the ones who wish to remain itinually in the ites, then ones should abstain from anything which can be an obstruction to the ites.

Give thanks and Ises. Selassie I JAH!

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: ROOK FARI 7 Sent: 3/9/2009 2:36:12 PM

VERY WELL PUT ARK I
THAT PROBABLY DIDDNT EVEN TAKE U MUCH THOUGHT
THATS TRUEST STATEMENT IVE HEARD ABOUT THAT TOPIC
BLESSED

Messenger: BONGO IYAH Sent: 3/9/2009 8:55:25 PM

RASTAFARI
YES IDREN, Common Sense People giving common sense to the fullest. Onward toward the Heights, Oh Give Thanks Jah RASTAFARI.
Some think the occasional beer won't hurt and it may not, but if the I does partake regularlyhan do this little experiment, Obstain for 30 days then have a beer or something that you had been drinking. I assure thee the Irits will feel a clouded feeling, or fuzzy. It is the alcohol's effect on the central nerous system. Alcohol pickles the system. Our temples are sensitive to even small amounts. It is not about persay drunkenness and out of control drinking. It is exactly what Ark I express, Selassie I classified alcohol as a base activity. And many other enlightened beings say the same ,"Alcohol clouds the VISION."
Selassie I
Blessed Love
Iyah

Messenger: rootz Sent: 3/17/2009 4:45:32 AM

irie ites!

bless humble rasta you've much to learn.. fermented stuff like alcohol are things that should be thrown away coz it's all gone bad! when one consumes those things then it turns the true church, your body which is the temple of Jah, into a graveyard. rastafari lives in live places not where the dead are. alcohol has no place in rastafari, so is nicotine and all dem tings babylon a go use fi brainwash us. why do people drink? they want to get drunk. it's almost the same as getting high. the thing now with drinkin is that it causes people to do stupid things. why does one want to get high to do negative things when they can achieve that high, even a better high, and do positive things?!? that's where da herb comes into play. singing praises unto jah wit da healing of da nation. this is a strict thing; ALCOHOL HAS NO PLACE IN RASTAFARI! selah!

but then some may find it debatable when one says the bible talks about christ turning water into wine and people drinking etc.. also, Selassie I ones said, at some banquet or something like that, "every man should drink as they please" so doesn't that mean if one wants to get drunk they have that right as they're merely 'drinking as they pleased'?!?

i personally say no to alcohol.

SELAH!

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 3/17/2009 10:10:23 PM

his majesty called ini to be sober minded, the term used to describe Babylon influence on the people is drunk of her wine.

although we can have a bit to celebrate but don't get drunk, but as ark said it's best to just keep away

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 3/17/2009 10:44:27 PM

Babylon favors alcohol, it numbs people and helps them accept the ways of babylon.

Note the case of Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps.

In 2004, Michael Phelps was arrested for a DUI (Driving under the Influence). What is the consequence? A slap on the wrist and probation.

In 2009, a controversy arose when someone took a picture of Michael Phelps hitting a bong. What are the consequences? A huge media frenzy erupts and Phelps' sponsors threaten to drop him. Phelps is forced to publicly apologize.

Also note that alcohol companies help to sponsor the Olympics.

I say LEGALIZE THE GANJA HERB alcohol is not good.

Roman Catholic Church uses wine as a sacrament why can't I and I use HERB as a sacrament?

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 3/18/2009 3:18:47 PM

We do! :) Give thanks.

Messenger: jah rain Sent: 3/18/2009 4:40:40 PM

if yh ask meh i and i thinks dat drinkin is jus what babylon want yh to do. it mek yh more domb and they dont want yh ta be smart yh zee meh. look close yh know di truth.

much luv,
Jah Rain

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I