Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3378&start_row=1

Is this quote from Haile Selassie I?

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 2/20/2009 10:13:26 AM

"Many discouraging hours will arise before the rainbow of accomplished goals will appear on the horizon." (Haile Sellassie I)

I like this quote, I just want to make sure Selassie I said it. Does AnyONE know where this quote comes from? (Autobiography or Speech)

Ises unto Haile Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI
KING OF KINGS LORD OF LORDS

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/20/2009 3:18:05 PM

I can't say for sure, but I found the quote with some more sentences and a date.

Africa has accepted the challenge of the modern world and with it come grave responsibilities. Many discouraging hours will arise before the
rainbow of accomplished goals will appear on the horizon. African civilization in its potential magnitude must be able to command fortitude,
patience, tolerance, and diligence. To sustain us in all our tasks we count on the women of Africa. Without their relentless vigilance no aspect of our responsibilities can be attained. Women role has never been so demanding, and you can be proud to answer the call for the betterment and future of mankind

- His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I

Dec. 14, 1960

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 3/7/2010 9:25:12 AM

I saw these quotes attributed to Haile Selassie I on wikipedia:

"We have finished the job. What shall we do with the tools?"
— Telegram to Winston Churchill, 1941.

"Misguided people sometimes create misguided ideas. Some of my ancestors were Oromo. How can I colonize myself?"
— in response to accusations by dissidents

I have not heard these quotes before, does anyOne know where they came from?

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 3/22/2010 6:48:04 PM

One reason why I bring this up is because on wikipedia any person can edit articles. I have only seen those quotes on wikipedia, so they are either true or a person attributed them to Selassie I.

Messenger: GKnow Sent: 3/24/2010 10:42:44 PM

I could not be sure I know all H.I.M. words and this is truth as it came to I reading the I post, are not all words the inspire insight and overstanding JAH words?

Him just tell me to ask. JAH RasTafarI !!!
Bless The King!

(on another note I has yet to read dat page as I overstand why I no trust it.)

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/25/2010 10:00:16 AM

Words not spoken by Selassie I should not be attributed to Selassie I, whether or not the word is speaking Truth.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I