Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3358&start_row=31

God and evil

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 2/2/2009 10:58:19 AM

Greetings...

Ras Kebre AB, I thought the I's last posts were very much on point. I want to assume that the I has an Amharic Metshaf Qiddus, and if so, how does His Majesty's version come across? I'd love to know. Meanwhile I'll work on interpreting I own, though it will take I more time than the I, I'm sure.

Selam

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 2/2/2009 1:00:35 PM

why evil is one own definition. evil is described in the scriptures and H.I.M, what is evil in jah eyes is not ours. its foolish to think the world rotates around us, that vanity.

evil is the breaking of the commandments

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 2/4/2009 8:02:26 AM

give thanks to the lifegiver.

is there a difference between evil and weakheart? I ask this because one rasponse is that evil is breaking of covenant (if this is what is meant holistically as commandments).

I think I agree that the perspective on evil from the eye of One is different from that of the varieties constructed from individuals and egos and vanities etc.

I think this is why many accuse Haile I of evil, or at least resort to questionning InI on why InI hail a 'despotic ruler' etc. These same people when asked of their god will say... what kind of god does this, or does that.

I think the Most High God Jah RasTafari is capable of what men and people would regard as evil. Their opinion does not change the irits of time and the word.

In fact... I would offer that perhaps essentially evil does not exist accept as an intention that man creates through their investment in ego. Tying in with the current reasoning surrounding pre-determination and free will, perhaps everything else is written and we only have the choice to enter and maintain our dispensation the R way or X way. Perhaps it is simply the intention of man that leads to creation of evil (that would make it artificial, like plastic, in existence), or the intention to evil expanded by the capacity of ego.

I mean, people might think they are being evil because they want to be, this gives them the boost and all... so here is their judgement sealed. However, they have only done what they have to do. After all, the same Israel whom HIM leads to call, started the whole mess through ego, vanity, denial, and disobedience.

What role does 'evil' play in deliverance?

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 2/4/2009 8:19:34 AM

Yes I... honourable gathering...

I have just read through again some of the thought provoking rasponses... and have something to add... I do sight what Ras KebreAb is getting at...

Using the parable of Eve and the Garden of Eden... who created the apple? If it was put as the result of evil, temptation and disobedience, that she ate of it... who created it that the option was ever to exist?

I think in considering the reasoning, ones would need to consider the elements of destiny, predetermination and JAH JAH master plan as are currently being discussed on the other threads.

Addressing the spotlight on scriptures... I think Isaiah is interpreting all things to all people. He is trying to get across the vastness of HIM reach of jurisdiction. He is like... no, really, I mean EVERYTHING... from all extremes on the linear spectrum of life, light to dark, etc, etc. I think that any issue created around translation and interpretation, as with everything in the bible, is down to that of the individual.

The world is not round, it is shaped like a tear drop. So there is no demi-god that is the devil... all evil options are created by JAH that men may know themselves. Those who choose the wrong 'pill' are cut off. Space does not exist for them on Earth... well, this is why they build vast cities to themselves, vaults for their own preservation and protection. One can hardly blame them. Here lies the war in zion, right?

Hmm....? yes honourable King, Ras Tafari thanks for the reasoning. My mind is like... buzz buzz buzz now!!

Blessed Ights!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I