Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3340&start_row=1

Precious Fya...

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Rootsgirl Sent: 1/15/2009 6:11:00 PM

Blessed Love bredrens and sistrens,

IandI am new to the forum, and would like to introduce myself.

I am a black sister living in the French W.I (thus speaking French, so I apologize from now for all the mistakes to come). I have been trodding my way to RastafarI for quite a long time during the past 25 yrs. I have no children, but a bright Kingman who I call Lionhearted-man (as he doesn't abide to the Rastafari Livity but shares most of the views without even knowing it).

After several months of searches I felt blessed to find your forum. I must say that I deeply apprecilove the way you bredrens and sistrens hearticaly dash fire here. For having read a few threads posted before, without necessarily agree with y'all, I know I will find here what I am looking for.

Here is the subject I wanted to reason on.

At the begininng of my trod,I neva thought of being a rasta, I was just being curious. I found it stupid to worship H.I.M Haile Selassie I as King. I was just interested in knowing a lifestyle that included respect for Nature (which I always felt crucial) and rebellion (well...I was 15 then !). While getting to know the livity better, while living it above all, while learning about the life and words of HIS MAJESTY...I came to realize that HIM is not only JAH but the Light Of This World...InI ravaged world.
The livity came into my life slowly but surely, step by step, stone by stone, so that I was soon surrounded by people tagging me as "rasta" while I was strongly denying. "Why don't you eat meat then? Why do you wrap your head like this? Why do you always contest the mainstream? Why you're so keen on Nature ? and so on (people are funny!). I stopped eating meat as a covenant between the Almighty and I, promising him this would be the permanent testimony of my will to walk on his path whatever it may be. I wrapped my hair cuz I luv the African Style it immediatly gives me in a country where everyone wants to be whiter than the white man himself...As for Nature and rebellion, these has always been part of me !
All these things I call them now My Precious Fya, seeing them as the result of a constant fire that has always been burning within me from birth, unveiling certain things throughout I life and causing I to walk on this path today...

This Precious fire has been burning for 10 years now, without me being able to call myself a RASTAFARI today. There are no rasta in InI family and I have been raised in the supremacy of family ties. Today, my whole heart and soul are in RASTAFARI (as they always belonged). I started setting my life into it, still I'm playing an awful and shameful game in JAH sight as I'm keeping one step in Babylone not to lose I familly... FEAR, FEAR is watering I Precious Fire without InI even manifest proper resistance.

DOES ONE HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN FAMILLY AND RASTAFARI LIVITY TO LIVE IT PROPERLY ?

One Ras told me someday I would have to leave my familly to follow the Almighty, does it really have to be ?

I would be thankful that you share your lights and experience. Please dash some fire to help I burn the wrong and see the Right only ...

"Sélassie I béni"
(that's "Blessed be Selassie I", in our creole).

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 1/16/2009 4:31:11 AM

Greetings sistrin in the name of The Most High Jah RasTafarI Selassie I Menen I!
Blessed heart of love.

If it comes to the I having to make the choice between family and Jah RasTafarI, then the I must choose what is more important, HIM that is everliving and everfaithful, Selassie I Jah RasTafarI.

I and I do not remember what part of the bible contains the teaching of Christ regarding this subject matter, maybe someone else will post it. However the message Christ was getting across is that if one is not prepared to leave their parents to serve Jah then one does not love Jah with all their heart.

What is more important, one's earthly father, or one's Heavenly Father, Selassie I.

Family to I and I is very important, blood related or non blood related. However Jah is most important and Jah love is eternal.

RasTafarI.

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 1/16/2009 11:49:40 PM

RastafarI live Up, Yes I
Well I do not understand what the I's family situation is. But there is nothing that state having to literally give up the family. If in fact the family is giving the I room to Be. Spiritually I&I must give up everything to JAH RastafarI, This does not mean having to leave the earth Family. Christ said I&I must leave mommy and daddy to take a partner and become One. That is not every man/wombman's lot. Some are single, some monks, I feel it is between the I and JAH to know how One Trods. I&I must recognize every living one as part of JAH family. No matter where on the path people are. Even if they do not sight RastafarI. The I sight RastafarI Selassie I for the I, not babylon or anybody else. That can give others who have not seen nor heard the news of Selassie I, a chance to recognize H.I.M. In and thru the I. SEEN? I&I need to give up every thing to JAH, so as to count only on JAH and ten fold will be handed to thee. Selassie I shows how important family Is.I do not know if the precious Fya is referring to the fact she think not her Lion is Ras or not, I do not know what is between a body and JAH. nor do I &I know the relationship of the I's family meaning if it condusive to the I's Trod of RastafarI. I&I surley would not take any man/wombman's "opinion" on any matter that is truely between the I and JAH. Only the Precious Fya can know that answer wich the I can sit still and listen. All things on this earthly plane shall pass and burn away, as does our flesh. "This too shall Pass" as it goes. So fret not nor worry weather the I should make a move. Let JAH vibes guide thee and all will work for good to them that love JAH. Sometimes I&I get impatient and do not wait to hear the voice of RASTAFARI. So things get vex and frustrating, Let things eminate from the still silence of the JAH voice. It will be revealed in time.
Selassie I live.
wahdahdah

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 1/19/2009 8:31:06 AM

Greetings Precious Fya

I like the posting. I find I can relate.

Relating to family. Family stands, it is foundation of the Israel Principle. Father & Mother of Creation. It can sometimes feel the way the I said. It never is that way. Family bond is unbreakable, fact. Most time the problem is due to rejection from the "mainstream", which operates regardless of family ties. This is not in InI doings. It is just one of the pains.

Love JAH JAH means love mom & dad and the rest, same way. If they do not know themselves, then the I certainly does. Love them that way. This is Oneness. Any rejection being faced, or any fight being faced is one which must. It's all good same way.

Live up. Love in the house.

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 1/19/2009 6:05:15 PM

Greetings I Idrin and I sistrin in the name of The Most High Jah RasTafarI Selassie I.

Yaa, I and I really like what the I said:
'Family stands, it is foundation of the Israel Principle.'

It is true.
Through experience I and I sight that without family (blood related or non-blood related) one becomes lonely. I and I live on one of the islands of the W.I also, and that is I home, where I family resides. However I and I am now in university in the UK and I and I have an aunt and uncle whom I see some weekends, but other than that Iman have no direct interaction with family and I and I must say that I and I feel lonely at times, and it is depressing. I and I sight that we are never alone as Selassie I is always watching over his children, however I and I sight at the same time we need family as we need that interaction so that we do not feel lonely. As Yaa said it is the foundation of Israelite principal.
Iman trod in a strange land up here in UK. Everyone around I and I likes living in the system's fast lane. They do not sight the principals which I and I sight and thus I and I feel different to everyone else, and I and I am on I own up here. Iman have found one person who appraoch I and I as family, but that person live far away. Iman have not found any RasTafarI bredrin up here either, and so it is hard. Iman have no one to reason with as back home and have no one to chant RasTafarI name with I and I. I and I beat I drum alone up here.

I and I stated in I previous post that I sight that Jah RasTafarI is the most important, however family is VERY important. Just because I and I Holy Father come first does not mean that I and I earth Father is not important. I and I feel how important family is as I and I do not have the interaction of family where I and I trod right now, and it is not a good feeling.

Selassie I bless all his children Itinually! JAH RasTafarI!

Messenger: rootz Sent: 1/28/2009 2:19:35 AM

blessings gyal! it's ever blessed when rastafari family increases as more and more of His children are being conscious. SELASSIE I! my namesake. tsk. the time is now fi di sistren fi up and seh SELASSIE I LIVE and same ting me doing. blessed almost-namesake and nuff respeck fi opening yuh eyes and trodding rastafari.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I