Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3297&start_row=1

Catholics and Muslims to fight terror and defend faith

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 12/15/2008 10:20:42 AM

Catholics and Muslims to fight terror and defend faith

By Tom Heneghan, Religion Editor

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Catholic and Muslim leaders at unprecedented Vatican meetings vowed on Thursday to jointly combat violence committed in God's name, to defend religious freedom and to foster equal rights for minority faith groups.

After three days of meetings, the 58 scholars and leaders -- 29 from each faith -- issued a joint declaration that also appealed for respect for religious figures and symbols.

The meetings came two years after the pope gave a speech hinting Islam was violent and irrational, sparking angry protests in the Middle East. The Muslim participants formed a group to challenge that and seek better mutual understanding.

The joint manifesto, A Common Word, called for dialogue based on shared principles of love of God and neighbor.

"We profess that Catholics and Muslims are called to be instruments of love and harmony among believers, and for humanity as a whole, renouncing any oppression, aggressive violence and terrorism, especially that committed in the name of religion, and upholding the principle of justice for all," said the statement describing the talks as "warm and convivial."

Religious minorities were "entitled to their own places of worship, and their founding figures and symbols they consider sacred should not be subjected to any form of mockery or ridicule," it said.

The Vatican has long defended minority Christians in places such as Saudi Arabia, where they cannot worship publicly, and urged safety for Iraqi Christians. Muslims in western countries say they face discrimination and suspicion by the majority.

The declaration's words about avoiding mockery or ridicule reflected continued Muslim concern about the 2005 publication in a Danish newspaper of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad that sparked violent protests in the Islamic world.

VAST FIELD FOR COOPERATION

Earlier in the day, Pope Benedict received the delegations at the Vatican and said the faiths should cooperate much more.

"There is a great and vast field in which we can act together in defending and promoting the moral values which are part of our common heritage," the German-born pope said.

"Let us resolve to overcome past prejudices and to correct the often distorted images of the other which even today can create difficulties in our relations," he added.

The Abu Dhabi-based Bishop of Arabia Paul Hinder said he discussed with Muslim delegates the Vatican wish's to build churches in Saudi Arabia for Catholic migrant workers there.

"I don't think we'll get any right away, but things are changing," he told journalists.

The Vatican has also participated in interfaith talks launched this year by Saudi Arabian King Abdullah, who will meet at the United Nations in New York next week with other heads of state to further promote his initiative.

These and other dialogues reflect a new urgency Muslim leaders have felt after the September 11 attacks, the "clash of civilizations" theory and the pope's 2006 speech in Regensburg showed a widening gap between the world's two largest faiths.

Benedict said the Catholic-Muslim Forum, the official name for this dialogue now set to take place every two years, was "now confidently taking its first steps."

The Catholic delegation included Vatican officials, Catholic scholars of Islam and bishops leading minority communities in Iraq, Syria, Pakistan and the Gulf states. Three were women.

The Common Word group, an independent union of Islamic thinkers from across the Muslim word, sent Sunni and Shi'ite religious leaders and scholars from the Middle East, Africa, Asia and western countries, including two women.

Ingrid Mattson, a convert who heads the largest Muslim organization in North America, said the Common Word represented "the broad mainstream of the Muslim world ... Those who oppose us, their voices will become increasingly marginalized."

Messenger: Ten Sent: 12/15/2008 6:48:14 PM

Greetings Eleazar1234
I realise that you have been on this forum for some months now and there have been times you've been cautioned against posting stuff - one was because of inappropriate content. I also asked the I why you post long scripts with no reasoning and you said you were new to the forum and didn't have much to say but things to share. Now while that may be hve been good and fine at that time, now it really would be good if you at least told some of us why you post SOME of the things you do esp when you start new topics. Like this one; I'm sure you've been on this site for long enough now to develop and share some of your own thoughts. You have posted several things on the Vatican showing you clearly have an interest in this so why don't you share whatever is on your mind. I say this because sometimes posted articles just pass by; not everyone has the time to read. And also if you started a discussion it might get others to join in and participate. Its more beneficial if you reason forward rather than continously splattering the posting boards with articles from the net - this is a reasoning forum not a post-it site.
I hope you overs I.
Blessed Love

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 12/15/2008 8:07:00 PM

Ten,

I overstand your point about posting articles. I should take into consideration that not everyOne has time to read long articles. Perhaps I could summarize the main point of the articles that catch I Eye instead of posting the whole thing.

The reason I posted this article is because, as Ones who have been following I posts, I believe the Vatican is a big part of the coming new world order and has a large degree of influence in the affairs of the world.

The reason why this article caught I interest is because I have heard an ex-Jesuit Priest named Alberto Rivera claim that the Vatican and Islam are very much interconnected and will unite in the future. It is I overstanding that the Vatican will in the future unite all the false religions of the world into a satanic religion of the antichrist. So when I see the Pope kiss the Koran, a book that degrades Iysus from God/Messiah to just a prophet, and the Vatican engaged in Interfaith dialogue with Muslims promising to protect "the faith" it strikes I as very suspicious and points to the coming Satanic one world relegion.

Here is a picture of a previous pope kissing the Koran.

The Koran is a book that directly degrades the divinity of Iyasus Christ. Remember when Ledj Iyasu was banned from the throne of Ethiopia for becoming a Muslim and RasTafarI became Regent plenipotentiary?

These are some of ex-Jesuit priest Alberto Rivera's views:

"According to Rivera, Jesuits are responsible for the creation of communism, Islam, and Nazism, and causing the World Wars, recession, the Jonestown Massacre, and the assassinations of Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy (a Catholic); he further claims that the Catholic Church wants to spread homosexuality and abortion, that the Charismatic Movement is a front for the Catholic Church, that the Popes are antichrists, that the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon, and that Muhammad was used by the Catholic Church to create Islam and destroy the Jews and other groups of Christians."

Alberto Rivera died under very suspicious circumstances, some believe was murder

"Rivera's last place of residence and place of death, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, were not revealed until after Rivera's death. Chick now[when?] says[citation needed] that Rivera's body was secretly taken out of Oklahoma and buried in an undisclosed location with a private funeral service out of fear that the Jesuits would exhume his corpse and desecrate it.

According to cemetery records,[6] Rivera is buried in an unmarked grave at Rose Hill Cemetery in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

A Mass was celebrated at that spot on the eighth anniversary of Rivera's death, June 20, 2005, the purpose of the Mass being to petition God to have mercy on the man's soul. (The location listed as Rivera's grave had been blessed by a local Catholic priest at an earlier date.)[citation needed]

Jim Arrabito, who interviewed Rivera in 1983, believes that he was murdered.[citation needed] The medical report lists colorectal cancer as the cause of death.[citation needed]"

Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 12/16/2008 4:45:35 PM

Excuse for criticizing, but Quran doesn't deny Yahuschua as a Holy man.

It is said that Abram, Izaak, Yizrael, etc. to Yahuschua, then Muhammad- they all are "Holy". It is said that they all are ONE and Equall. Muhammad is a prophet, just like Abraham, Izzak, Yahuschua etc. - they just don't take Yahuschua as a GOD, but HIS Son.

That's how muslims believe - it isn't I faith.

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 12/16/2008 5:18:17 PM

This is what the Quran says about Iyasus

La Ilaha Illallahu Muhammadur Rasoolullah

Those who reject faith and hinder others from the Way of Allah, have indeed strayed far away from the Path. Surely, Allah will neither forgive those who reject faith and act unjustly; nor guide them to any path other than the path of hell, wherein they will live forever and this is easy for Allah. O mankind! The Rasool has brought you the Truth from your Rabb, so believe in it, it is better for you. If you disbelieve, then you should know that to Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and in the earth. Allah is the Knowledgeable, Wise. O People of the Book! Do not transgress the limits of your religion. Speak nothing but the Truth about Allah. The Messiah, Isa(Yesus), the son of Maryam was no more than a Rasool of Allah and His Word "Be" which He bestowed on Maryam and a Spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His Rasools and do not say: Trinity(three)". Stop saying that, it is better for you. Allah is only One Deity. He is far above the need of having a son! To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and in the earth. Allah is All-Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 12/17/2008 8:44:35 PM

I sight the I and will give I Ras-ponse when JAH sun rises in I part of the world - bless

Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 12/18/2008 9:45:45 AM

John Paul II was Polish. As far as I can remember - the one good thing he had done to I country was breaking the wall of communism in Poland. Unfortunately - he also reccomended capitalism in here and then he started to rule ina whicked stylee... What a big disgrace!

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I