Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=328&start_row=1

Jah works are mysterious

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: christof Sent: 5/24/2004 12:35:19 PM

Greetings in the name of the Most High Selassie I Jah !

I like the vibe on this forum a lot, that it is why I am just going to show the I my view on the way Jah works.

Nowadays many people in the western civilization think they have no use for Jah, they think they can do everything with their own ambition and they say there is no God. Those often try to prove this proposition by saying that if there was a God, he would be very cruel because he does seem to help mankind to overcome their problems, and he lets wars and catastrophes happen.
Whenever something bad happens, if they loose a relative, or if they hear about catastrophes where millions of people die, they blame the Almighty for this and say:" Why does HE let all this bad things happen." In most cases this is the main arguement of atheists to proof their view...

What all those people do not want to overstand is, all this tribulations and catastrophes happening in this days are there to make prophecy fullfill. This is the Fathers plan, so it has to happen. When I tell people this they disagree. Because they ask :"Why is all this sufferation necessary ? Why is there such a horrible prophecy that has to be fullfilled until there is peace ?"

The problem with this is, they always want to blame it on the Allmighty. I think they all should read the book Hiob in the bIble. In this book Hiob asks Jah why he has to suffer that hard, and Jah is asking him back how HE has created earth and sky and how the universe works. So Jah shows Hiob, that he is just a man, and that he has no chance to overstand HIS plan. This sounds like no real explanation to some, just saying "You cannot understand the Father`s plan"... but it is simply true.
What Jah shows Hiob is that his ways, his works are mysterious. This is because man has a limited point of view, whereas Jah is omniscient. Man always tries to judge if something happens. He always considers everything to be "right" or "wrong", to be "good" or "bad"... that is why he cannot overstand the reason why thinks are happening, because man wants to consider everything to be good or bad without knowledge of the past and the future and the Father`s plan.

To show how I mean this, I would like to retell a story by a very wise Asian man called Laotse ( I think you all know that man ):

There was a very wise man livng in a small village. He was very poor. The only thing he possesed was a beatiful white horse. People tried to buy the horse from him, but he said "This horse is like a friend to me, How could I sell a fiend ?"
Then one day it came to happen that his horse was no more theree. All the people in the village told the man :" You old fool ! We all knew someone would steal the horse one day, so since you have not sold it now you have no horse and you are still poor. Too bad !"
But the man said "Do not say that this is bad, just say the horse is no more there. This is a fact, everything alse is your judgement"

After two weeks his horse came back, it just ran away and it brought twelve other horses from the wilderness with it. People in the village said :" It really was a blessing that this horse ran away. Now you got twelve more, so lucky you are." The man said " Do not say that this is a blessing ! Just say that the horse is back and I got twelve more now. That is a fact, everything else is your judgement."

The man had only one son. This son started to train the wild horses. But he fell of a horse and brake is legs so bad, that he was never able to walkagain. The people said " You were right old man, it really wasn`t a blessing that you got the horses, because now your only son cannot work and you will die very poor because of that. Too bad !" Again the man said " Do not say this is bad, just say my son can not walk no more. This is true, everything else is your judgement."

Two years later there was a war and all young men had to fight at arms. Only the son of the man could not go, because he could not walk. But there was no chance to win, because the enemy was so powerful and so all the boys died on the battlefield. People where crying and said : " Now you are right again, it was a blessing that your son fell off the horse, he is the only little boy who survived, happy you are." But the old man shook his head, wondering if people would never learn and said " Do not say this is a blessing. Just say that my son survived. Everyting else is your judgement."

So the people nowadays are like the fools in this story. The wise man knows Jah works are mysterious.

One Jah Love !

Messenger: the rock Sent: 5/24/2004 2:11:22 PM

JAH love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/25/2004 1:37:15 PM

Greetings,

That is a good story. Man judgements might be correct of incorrect, but what is will always be.

One thing I would like to add is that the problems of people are caused by people. They always want to blame God, the devil, or anything other then themself.

People are murdered because other people murder them. People are dying from cancer because people poison the earth, water and air. People have no salvation in Jah because they have rejected Jah.

-----------------------------------------
Luke 13
1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
-----------------------------------------

Repent isn't about asking forgiveness, it means to turn away from wickedness. So Christ was showing I and I that even if we are not the worse sinners, as long as we are sinners and separate from Jah, these things can happen to us. And the reason for this is that if we reject Jah, then Jah will let us be our own defence, because we have rejected Jah defence.

Haile Selassie I explains this further,

----------------------------------
However wise or however mighty a person may be, he is like a ship without a rudder if he is without God. A rudderless ship is at the mercy of the waves and the wind, drifts wherever they take it and if there arises a whirlwind it is smashed against the rocks and becomes as if it has never existed. It is our firm belief that a soul without Christ is bound to meet with no better fate.
----------------------------------

So if I and I repent and live for Jah and accept his guidance and direction, then Jah will be our rudder. So just like a rudder guides a ship through the sea, when I and I accept Jah, Jah will guide I and I through this world. So when the waves come, which is the bad things that happen in the world, I and I will not be moved. Jah will keep I and I steady and will take I and I out of the waves.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 5/25/2004 1:59:51 PM

Bless up, bredren. HAILE SELASSIE!

Messenger: Benjahmin Sent: 5/25/2004 7:40:02 PM

Yes I....
That is a beautiful Story, full of wisdom.
One just has to overstand it.
I give Thanks.....fi that posting.
Blessings
Benjahmin

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I