Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3232&start_row=1

What's with the loss of faith and all the paganism?

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Anthony Humboldt Sent: 11/15/2008 11:53:22 PM

I keep hearing stuff about how people think Ras Tafari is some old prophet in Eithiopia because they don't understand the idea that God can leave the Earth and still be God. He did it two thousand years ago, why can't he do it now? I went and visited an old friend of mine earlier this year and he was telling me all about it. I was thinking that because Ras Tafari is such a new religion with so few followers that the persecution and lonliness gets to people so the thought of a flesh Selassie is like a security blanket or something.
I also keep seeing a lot of stuff about the star gods on the internet and some blasphemers are saying that Christ is the Egyptian sungod and some person even wrote about it on another RasTafari website I was on earlier.
Of all dissapointments I would have to say that my first and only visit to Reggae on the River was the biggest let down of my life. It was a bunch of roots reggae on stage performing for thousands of pagans on ecstacy. There were some real brethren and sistren there but the overall theme was a vomitorium orgy with Rastafari as the marketing tool.
And what about the Haile Selassie peace league in London who say that His Majesty is simply a prophet who taught Christianity? Don't they know that His Majesty is the true Christ.
When I see things like the rumors about His Majesty being an old prophet without a throne and people talking about His Majesty being the fish god of ancient Egypt I don't know what the world is coming to. I think I could go on for an hour about my confusion, but are any other Brethren and Sistren tired of the false prophets? Am I the only one who just can't take it anymore? I just read a poem about Rastafari the sungod and read a group of supposed Rastafarians talking about how they want to join the freemasons.
I know that there are many left who know the light of His Majesty, and it is a spiritual light and not sunlight. My first thought is to chant fire on these heathens one and all. I am also wondering if many just want to know about His Majesty and have no one to tell them. Doesn't everyone know that Haile Selassie the King of Eithiopia is the second coming of Christ that the world has been waiting for.
I wonder if it is time to make a real unification of true Rastafarians. The ones who will shout to the world that Selassie is the power of the Holy Trinity, the same spirit as Jesus Christ, the savior of the world who is the one and only true God. Selassie is not merely a prophet, he is the prophecy. He is not merely a Christian, he is the Christ. It's time that those who call themselves Rastafarians grow a pair and don't back down when it is time to speak the truth. There is no sungod, the sun is good but it is not God. Buddha is a false prophet, so is Mohammed, and paganism is the worse. Even Judaism is false because it does not acknowledge Christ as the Messiah. After the situation during the time of Solomon degenerated into something like Reggae on the River Jordan with idol worshipping and murder and orgies in the streets, God had enough and sent the Ark of the Covenant to Eithiopia which became the new Israel and the Kingdom of Solomon was crushed very soon after. Rastafarians are the true Jews. There is no other valid religion.
I know it can feel strange to tell your parents, friends, or classmates that you believe the short handsome King of Ethiopia is God, especially when you show them a picture and tell them that it is Jesus Christ on his visit to meet Richard Nixon and they look at you like you are crazy, but that's part of being a Rastafarian. I love showing people His Majesty's picture and saying "this is an actual picture of Jesus Christ." They always give a wonderful look.
Does anyone else have feelings like this? I hope this doesn't sound too unhappy but I often find myself frustrated and I'd like to know how others feel about these things. Selassie bless all. I'll stop before this turns into a book and hear what others have to say.

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 11/16/2008 4:38:00 PM

Greetings in the name of H.I.M Haile Selassie I Jah RasTafarI!

Before the I is so quick as to call a religion false, and speak against it, meditate on these words of H.I.M Haile Selassie I.

'Since nobody can interfere in the realm of God we should tolerate and live side by side with those of other faiths.
In the mystic traditions of the different religions we have a remarkable unity of spirit. Whatever religion they may profess, they are spiritual kinsmen. While the different religions in their historic forms bind us to limited groups and militate against the development of loyalty to the world community, the mystics have already stood for the fellowship of humanity in harmony with the spirit of the mystics of ages gone by.'

I and I am sure I and I can find some truth in what Mohammed said. I and I am sure I and I can find some truth in the teachings of the Buddha. I and I would definitely not say Judaism is false; in fact I would be careful what the I say if I was the I.

A lot of RasTafarI tradition comes from Jewish tradition. Christianity comes from Judaism and H.I.M was a Christian ( a true Christian). Yahushua (the Christ) was a Jew.

I and I love those above words of His Majesty, because a lot of the time people spend too much time trying to prove one another wrong instead of looking for truth within what one another says.

As for what the I says about the incident at reggae on the river, it is a sad thing.
It is sad when someone takes something spiritual and turns it into something non-spiritual. It is sad to see so much people painting a bad picture for RasTafarI. Things I and I sight Haile Selassie I Jah RasTafarI would frown upon!
Not long ago I and I was walking and a girl comes up to me and asks me if I know where she can get some weed from, I and I said no, as I do not; I am new to this country as I and I am here only for university, and all they have up here is chemically tampered 'skunk.'
So she tells I and I she asked because of the colors of I and I tam (Ites, Gold, and Green).
It is these things that make I and I realize the misunderstanding people have about RasTafarI.

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 11/16/2008 6:21:42 PM

RASTAFARI! GREETINGS in the NAME of SELASSIE I
YES so I&I have decided to respond to this post although I feel I&I need to BURN FYAH pon some of the things that have been presented. Perhaps it should be left to die off but I&I do feel the BREDREN is looking. SO I shall do the best to give good word sound and Power to this, FIRST and FAR MOST RASTAFARI is not a RELIGION, much less a new religion. Check that at the door before entering this house.
Do not trouble the self with other peoples beliefs. BE TOLLERANT of Other peoples FAITH. Focus on the relationship between the I and JAH RASTAFARI and that is the center of the Trinity. What Iman hear from the I is the searching within for what the Anthony man is trying to find for reality.
In all due respect I am going to end this at this time I&I children have just come into I room and Iman wish to focus on them for a time. I can not give reason to this while the children are talking. I&I focus needs to be present. I wish to reason further but now is not the time. I shall finish this in a short while. GIVE THANKS
to be continued
wahdahdah

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 11/16/2008 7:27:53 PM

GREETINGS and MUCH RESPECT to All Children of JAH RASTAFARI
Apologies to the Idren For Having to leave the stream for a few. Life unrolls naturally around Iman house and the children must come first. some times they come home jumpy jumpy and excited to tell what their day brought. The light that shines in a child's face is brighter than the sun. RA was the sun God I believe. do not quote I but I think that was his name. It was claim that every morning he came out and Greeted the sun. His shadow was noted as a cross and the Idea of the cross came to be. I hae been told that story, I am sure the google or another info station(library) would have this info.
I do not wish to come across harsh or them things but just Firm and RASTAFARI is not a religion and Learn it is away of life. I can not tell the I but this. YOU can not STUDY RASTAFARI it is LIVITY REALITY. Reality from the IGHEST IGHTS. Getting Bogged down on what others do is a DISTRACTION. let it GO or the I will be still in the DREAM.SEEN? The DREAM whatever the material life can do to keep everyone hypnotized.
Do not look for RASTAFARI at a REGGAE show, it is within not without. Represent the FATHER and RASTAFARI will come forward to the I. SEEN? If the I aproached the Scene there at the REGGAE show thinking man who are these Imposters? the I is representing what he sees. Dig it? DIG 2 than, LOL What the I sees is what the I is looking for. Christ said KNow that I am HE. Man all that other nothingness will burn away.
Pagen gods, so what. man Just stay focused and do not be DISTRACTED. as SELASIE I say BE TOLLERANT of others. To I that means Live and Let LIVE. Any thing out side of JAH is Dead or IS DYING Away. That includes I&I flesh. Which brings Iman to the statements made about Selassie I leaving the Earth. Man Living does not Leave. I do Not Deal with the FLESH. LOOK Behind the VEIL IDREN and KNOW and SEE The LIGHT of THIS WORLD THE LIVING GOD JAH RASTAFARI SEEN? Jah HAs not gone anywhere and if the I is speaking about SELASSIE I Flesh or YESSUS Christ FLESH. I&I AM NOT OF THIS WORLD JUST "LIVING" PON IT. YES I the MAN jesus Say it and The Word Made a SOUND wich Is THE POWER SEEN? SELASSIE I is the Chappel. There is no Leaving, there is no Dyin', there is no (sin) flesh that can get in. Christ was not saying he was the physical bread of life. THE LIVING WORD is the Bread of JAH LIFE. Know it, and The abundance will be there. It is SO. Every man and I am of no exception deals with Fear and doubt, as long as we have this flesh those emotions are attatched to the body. It is in RISING above those limitations through Livity (not any thing less) and Giving All of Onesself to JAH in everything in Life. It has , can and will still be done. it is JAH's will.
Grace Idren Grace is a gift to All from JAH RASTAFARI. and All these things that are frustrating the I can be made clear by going and comuning with the FATHER, NEGUS HIGH. Do not even ask for any thing clear all the thoughts in the mind, do not even ask for any thing that desires from the I. for they are still desires good or bad, JAH JAH can do much more than our limited thoughts can suggest. Let JAH Speak. With such stillness that brings forth so much Power, but not a Force a Still Silent Power that moves the Whole Universe. YES I. That is Prayin to JAH, Letting H.I.M. Speak and The I Listen for a change. Jah the Father Knows what the I needs. and if The I can give over his life." Leave your nets and FOLLOW H.I.M." JC.
And KNOW JAH provide everything that comes to I&I. The I must do JAH WORKS there is no FLUFFIN' Off. WATCHFUL at ALL Times, WE must not be distracted. DO NOT FALL ASLEEP. Get close to JAH RASTAFARI and KNOW H.I.M.
SELASSIE I LIVE
wahdahdah

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 11/17/2008 11:01:16 AM

Er, yah. I can't relate to the feeling regarding shock reactions when people are shown a photo of Emperor Selassie I and then told that it is actually Jesus Christ. Could you be confusing their reactions with puzzlement cos they're actually thinking... no, it's not. Thats Haile Selassie... but don't know how to say it to you.

All religion is false. Listen to His Majesty there speaking of mysticism, tradition and spirituality. Check, check, check.

I always get the biggest kick out of people sighting my itraits, or holding a brief reasoning with me... then wondering, and then self realisation that I know He is God, they know that I know, they know that they don't know... and all this without having to say a word. That makes me smile... sometimes cheekily.

Messenger: Anthony Humboldt Sent: 11/17/2008 10:59:17 PM

Well I realize that it probably sounded kind of harsh with some of the things I said. I was really just wondering if anyone else gets a little upset when people try to mix Rastafari with other belief systems. Some things are just hard to put into the right words. Thanks for all of you thoughts.

Messenger: Mau Mau Sent: 11/17/2008 11:12:42 PM

I man back pon de forum. I give thanks for Wahdahdah response,

"THE LIVING WORD is the Bread of JAH LIFE. Know it, and The abundance will be there. It is SO. Every man and I am of no exception deals with Fear and doubt, as long as we have this flesh those emotions are attatched to the body. It is in RISING above those limitations through Livity (not any thing less) and Giving All of Onesself to JAH in everything in Life. It has , can and will still be done. it is JAH's will. "

"Get close to JAH RASTAFARI and KNOW H.I.M."

Live RasTafari! RasTafari Live!

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I