Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=323&start_row=1

"Christians" dissing pon INI

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras John Sent: 5/19/2004 9:43:58 PM

Today I had a concert where I stated the I praise JAH Selassie, the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah. I stated this to give the audience an understanding of where INI music is coming from, who INI are, etc.

The audience was made partially by Christians, some of whom came after the show to make complaints to/about INI speaking about INI overstanding of Rastafari... My bandmates' parents were pissed at them for playing with INI. After the show they were more or less pushed into saying a sort of disclaimer about how they are not Rastafarian, and how they praise the Lord Jesus Christ. I then made a statement saying how rediculous this was, and that as a Rastafarian I too follow the Bible- old and new Testaments, follow Christ etc. But the Christians still diss INI... some of the people would not even talk to I after the show and I was approached by several people saying about how people are upset and how I am misstaken in believing in Ras TafarI. BULLSHIT! Babylon men and women don't even know who they are working for! JAH teach ACCEPTANCE! If they practice intolerance to the righteous... DAMN I'M NOT EVEN GONNA SAY HOW REDICULOUS THIS IS! YALL KNOW!!

I'm not pissed, I'm not really upset or nothing, I'm just dissappointed in these people, and in their failure to 'practice what they preach' and NOT be full of deceptions, which most likely, they have been brainwashed into accepting.

People who commended INI after the show and said that it was wrong that I was discredited etc infront of the audience ended up being aethiests, agnostics, and there were also a couple Pagan girls. I guess these people have been discredited for not following what society tells them, and even though we have taken entirely different paths in terms of finding ourselves and concepts for life.

A hypocrite is as easy to spot as anything. I knoww yall know this... I don't hate these people nor do I wish harm upon them I just want them to be able to see what they are doing clearly and get out of their brainwashed/corrupted minds... Whether you call yourself Christian, Muslim, Rastafarian, Jewish, Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, you are full of shit if you are unable to accept differences in beliefs, ethnicity, et cetera. Burn Babylon make them leave JAH Children alone. ONE LOVE!!!

RASTAFARI

Ras John

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/19/2004 10:23:29 PM

Greetings,

These things are to be expected. There will be opposition to I and I from many different places as I and I trod through Creation. Just remain strong and know yourself, and the I will see that what people think about I and I trod doesn't make a difference. I and I trod remains the same.

Also have Iverstanding for the people. People are afraid of things they don't understand. And babylon has worked hard to keep people away from Jah. So I and I Jah people are foreign to them. Some of the people have more knowledge and are working against I and I, but most don't know what they are doing.

Look at how the people treated Selassie I, and He remained strong and Itinued the same. Selassie I didn't let the wickedness of the people affect his emotions, because Selassie I knows himself, and knows His path is Right.

So Keep Strong I Idren,

They never loved, they never loved, the Lord nor the Prophet from such time. How do we expect them to Love Jah RasTafarI this time. - Joseph Hill

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I