Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3145&start_row=1

great deception

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras power Sent: 10/4/2008 9:54:54 PM

many ask i why write of the antichrist if ini have H.I.M. great point, but we see eboni, with her reaveling and how through nice words and good acts deception is real.

i was just looking at a program on that subject which inspire i to write this.

in matthew 24 the disciples ask christ what are the signs of the end and first thing he said, take heed no man deceive you, and all through that chapter.

it is often said when someone gives u a list u will most likely remember the first thing said to you, next with the same message,

many shall come in my name and decieve many; but thats no he worse part, it is when we decieve our selves

22But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
26If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain( james 1v22,26)

3For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself (gala 6v3)

18Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. ( 1 cori 3v18)

the bible teaches the heart is wicked above all things

15The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise(prov12v15)

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.(prov 14v12)

my point is only the bible can assure us of not being decieved, even christ himself use the word when he was tempted, saying it is written, man shall not leave by bread alone, etc

we used the bible to consider is His Majesty is the Most High

13And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.(rev 13)

we have only the bible and the words of H.I.M to guide us.

blessed

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/5/2008 11:10:02 PM

I didn't need the Bible to see who Haile Selassie I is.

I didn't pay much attention to the Bible until after I saw who Haile Selassie is, and nobody convinced I of HIM because I didn't know any RasTafarI people when I recognized Selassie I. I heard about Selassie I, and I knew from that point.

It was a long time before I came to learn the parts in the scriptures that referred to Haile Selassie I. And it was also a long time before I saw the things that Selassie I spoke. I learned from the Bible and Selassie I words, but I never felt the need to use them to prove anything to Iself about Selassie I.

I have seen some people lose sight of His Majesty because they came to Him through the Bible, and when somebody used the Bible to convince them that Selassie I is not the Almighty, they believed it.

I and I Irits are so important in this Trod. They show us the things that no book or person can show us. The things that cannot be moved or removed.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/6/2008 3:22:22 AM

"I and I Irits are so important in this Trod. They show us the things that no book or person can show us. The things that cannot be moved or removed."
And the things that cannot be changed,the things that cannot be translated and mistranslated

So true I, so true. I think ms eboni is a prime isample of what the i is saying,Ark I.
Not to take anything from Ras Power´s reasoning still. The bible is a wonderful tool of guidance, but without ini irits,nothing is possible.

Jah speaketh to ini every moment of everyday. If you just bury your head in a book,you are sure to miss a lot of what HE is saying.
Millions of people reading the bible,and yet so many read it wrong.

Most of all ini must have goodness in ini hearts,that is the only way to keep the iritical path clear, goodness and faith

When i meet someone who is genuinely interested in learning Rastafari, the bible is never the first thing i tell them to check, check the Livity first.
When they really sight the heights of this livity,the glory and the honour,the salvation of this livity, then soon enough they will sight the SOURCE of this Livity, the One who proved to ini that good shall overcome iternally.

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 10/6/2008 7:15:29 PM

faith comes from hearing the bible tell ini. and u heard, i heard, and the spirit move ini to seek. is not that the bible show ini who H.I.M is so to speak, but is the ruler to look for hom who was fortold.

we were looking for first of all someone THE BIBLE say will come, and will come a certain way and do a certain work, and we see his majesty and look to see if it is H.I.M.

his majesty spoke in thise terms, eg

'WE OURSELVES BY VERTUE OF OUR DECENT FROM QUEEN OF SHEBA AND KING SOLOMON..." that is important because

30Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne( acts 2v30) and

And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

14I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

15But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

16And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever. ( 2 sam 7)

its the fulfillment, we read it and see it

13And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.

14And they talked together of all these things which had happened.

15And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.

16But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.

17And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?

18And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?

19And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:

20And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.

21But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

26Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

27And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

32And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures (luke 24)

christ used the scripture to avert temptation aying, it is written, and quote the commandments.
16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2 tim 3v16)

WE IN ETHIOPIA HAVE ONE OF THE OLDEST VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal.

No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. And I might say for myself that from early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible and my love for it increases with the passage of time. All through my troubles I have found it a cause of infinite comfort.

"Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" who can resist an invitation so full of compassion?

Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves. Therefore, I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the language which the old and the young understood and spoke.

Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 10/6/2008 7:40:08 PM

Ras Power if I may ask, if your faith comes from the Bible then without the Bible you no faith? What of the people in Bible itself who had no Bible to read where did their faith come from? And for I, if I commune with JAH daily in meditations as I trod, is this not a source of faith? Aya, faith is believing, its something that comes from within its your spirit. Some Ites nah know the scriptures but they have the utmost faith in Selassie I, they don't need to be told of scriptures and things, they are far over. Ras KebreAB put it best when he said, "Jah speaketh to ini every moment of everyday. If you just bury your head in a book,you are sure to miss a lot of what HE is saying." Jah voice is in every particle of life not just one book, I know scriptures are of importance but there are many ways of knowing God.
bless

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 10/6/2008 9:49:02 PM

Greetings in the NAME of H.I.M. JAH RASTAFARI
Iman find the bible to be a very powerful and ver alive book. As the last few paragraphs RAS POWER was quoting of SELASSIE I view on he bible it gives great comfort to I. I do not worship the bible but it definatley brings clarity to I trod. Some say a chapter a day or Chant a psalm a day. It is a personal thing for I. I man read other books on inspiration too, but all seem to stem from the works of the bible. I find sometime of the day something bring I back to what I read in the morning or when I read in the evening I can reflect on the trod of the day and it brings clarity. I find there is a mystical vibe conecting I to the Historical facts as well as the parables or psalms that I read. Jah is I first love and I give I will to JAH RASTAFARI. and love to sit and listen to H.I.M. speak in I heart. Iman queen seem to think I&I asleep sometime but when I rise She realize and can see I was comuning with JAH within I heart. No bible no music or insense just I&I RASTAFARI. I feel it is Iman telecomunication time with the MOST HIGH. SO for Iman the bible is a tool and comforter. I&I get so much out of reading these post on some of the quotes from the bible. It remind I of being in the camp with the Elders when I man was a young sprout and we would burn fire and herbs and one of the Elders would chant a psalm then reasoning would then began , it was very invigoraing to Iman spirit . So many of life's lessons can be read in the book. but for I there is nothing more sweeter than I sitting quiet and JAH telling Iman things are cool or a certain situation will unfold acording to H.I.M. plan. I&I just want to do JAH's WILL and works.
This may have left the stream of reasoning but after reading RAS Power's last post it made I thing of those last few paragraphs the IYAH had quoted and it is good. RESPECT to ALL and GIVE JAH PRAISES.
Much THANKS to ALL the BREDREN and SISTREN who KEEP this a very LIVE and POSITIVE Stream. "WE have to build a better Nation And clean Up JAH CREATION". ONE LOVE wahdahdah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/7/2008 6:36:00 AM

Wonderful.sistren Ten.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/7/2008 6:51:37 AM

Still not taking anything from Ras Powers post, the ible is wonderful and of the upmost importance.
However

Yes,the bible shows ini that His Majesty is earth rightful Ruler.
But the only reason that ini need the bible to show us this is because of ini weaknesses and faults.
Because even if ini have not achieved Oneness and Perfection yet, at least if ini just Know Oneness and Perfection, then it is quiet simple to recognise Oneness and Perfection when ini see it.....which is ofcourse what ini recognise in His Majesty.
I,like Ark I, recognised His Majesty before i started to delve deeper into the ible.
That is why when i show another person of Rastafari,i dont begin with the bible. I would rather first show them the Oneness and Perfection that ini strive to achieve within this trod of Rastafari.
Then when they recognise that, the bible will only strengthen their faith to continue in the trod.
Which i am sure is what happened with Eboni. Someone showed her the parts of the bible which refer to His Majesty and she began to say Rastafari, but none ever showed her the irits of this trod. And now, someone else has come and showed her to read the bible in a different way,so she has gone on to the next thing that has caught her attention. Which is unfortunate,to say the least.

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 10/7/2008 9:02:21 AM

GREETINGS RASTAFARI,
RAS KebreAB I man wholly agree with the I. I&I was born into the catholic faith from I earth parents. as a young child I&I saw deception in the church. I got away from the church, books and yes the bible too. Then it dawned on I, Selassie I had come and fulfilled apart that was missing all of I&I life. I tried to show I parents this. they called I sick and confused, but I man still feel it within. RASTAFARI Live Itinually within and called I without any hola books but out in nature and within did I hear JAH call.
Iman want to ask this of the IYAH. With concern with eboni would her being weak heart be persuaded with or with out the bible. I man went back and read all of her post and she just always seem to have some contoversy in her way. IS that just the way the heathen walk? they just have the answer given to them but they refuse to see. I just do not get that. The wicked can turn things to there liking like pharisee. Please reason with the I on this. much respect,
ONE LOVE! SELASSIE I RESIDE IN I HEART wahdahdah

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 10/7/2008 11:33:19 PM

rasta everone sight H.I.M before reading the bible. no one read the bible and say on the outset selassie i they talking about.

ini leav by faith, if knew i u wold know.

at the end the same thing i said, wahdahdah said and u are saying, its stringthing i faith on i trod. it is the spirit which lead i and cause i to read the bible, as u said u did ot read it before u haile H.I.M.

with all this the bible teach i without love all is for not. i is the ufllmnt of the commandments.

the bible tech a fool is wise in his own eyes. some say all truth in ini, thats true but whats the guide, man by nature is selfish, who is to tell u , u are not right,
what makes u think, eg, bin ladin dot think what he doing is not right?

H.I.M said humanityby naure is to think free but in order that it leads man to a higher level, it must be guided through education. thats what the bible gives, spritual education.

ini leave up right, budist do also,and many other faiths leave some deep natural, whole sme lives, what makes ini diffrent? sighting his majesty how is from the begining and written of in the bible.

people reading te ible wrong is not the fault of the bible. ini don't read it to poblish it so the wrng vibrate through.

they say a lie is half ay round the world while truth is puting its shoes.

9] But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. ( 1 cor 2)

27] And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. (rom 8)

the bible say the heart is wicked who can know it?

blessed

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I