Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3136&start_row=1

Temptations

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/1/2008 6:49:25 PM

Blessed Ites

I found this theory somewhere on the net and i am wondering about it.

And RasRanga,if you read this, you will overstand why it was that i didnt rush to burn fyah pon you, even though i dont agree at all with that statement that you made on the Christ/lucifer post

Let i words be acceptable in Jah sight
If one and ones disagree with how i sight this thing, fell free to correct i.

"Temptation has no power over a perfect Person, but it does over a depraved person. Jesus Christ, during His days in the flesh, was holy, harmless, undefiled, and separate from sinners (Heb. 7:26). To suggest that He had a nature subject to sin is nothing short of blasphemy. On the other hand, depraved men are capable of sin because each one has a mind that is ready to receive an evil suggestion. Man is tempted when he is drawn away by his own lust (James 1:14). The Greek word for “lust” is epithumia. It means lust, desire, craving, or longing. A person is tempted when he is enticed by his own craving for that which is forbidden or unlawful. No one who understands the Biblical teaching concerning the Person of Jesus Christ could entertain a thought that He could desire the unlawful or forbidden. That is why James said, “God cannot be tempted with evil” (James 1:13)."

I have some questions about this
This article is trying to show that Christ is Incapable of being tempted.
Is this true?
Or is it more accurate to say that He is capable of being tempted but incapable of falling to temptation?

This article is trying to say that He coudlnot be tempted because he was Perfect.
But what maked Him Perfect?
Is it that He couldnt be tempted OR is He Perfect because of the Perfect way that He overcame all temptations.

This article uses the quote from Jamed 1:13 "God cannot be tempted with evil".
I agree, but, is it ignoring the fact that even though He is God,here on earth,He is also a Man in flesh?

Let us keep in mind that this article has said
"To suggest that He had a nature subject to sin is nothing short of blasphemy"
This is the same as saying, no earthly and fleshical thought ever even entered His mind.
Is this true?
Alright, lets see, let us explore the scripture, concerning Christ´s temptation in the wilderness.

Now the scripture says "Being forty days tempted of the devil"

Now perhaps, when some read this, they might envision Christ and the "devil", standing in front of eachother,having a spiritual battle.

But iself, i have never seen it like that

I only see Christ alone, His Godly nature battling against His human nature.

So if we sight it like that, we keep on
"And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread"

Now i wont say, that is the devil inside Him, that would be blasphemy.......but what is called the "devil" here, to me, it is only "hunger", and the weakness that comes when the belly is hungry.
Anyone who has ever been really hungry,knows the evil thoughts that start to creep up, when one starts to think of anything to do to get that food.
And Christ knows who He is, He knows He has the power to change the stone into bread, but He knows as a Man in flesh,that is not given unto Him to do so,because as a Man,He has to obey the One God who sits on His heavenly throne.
So his "belly" , his "flesh" is telling him, just do it,you have the power to do it, why be hungry.
But Christ replied,I shall not live by bread alone,but by the Word of Jah.

So can we not say that even though He was tempted,it is the Perfect way He overcame His temptation that makes him Perfect.?

Again the "devil" says
"If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine"

Again,i dont see a man called the "devil" saying these things.
It is christ´s own earthly nature saying this,it is His "self" telling Him to worship His own "self". It is His flesh telling Him, why suffer on earth as man,when you can be God
But knowing that on earth,He is a Man, Christ replied Perfectly and said "Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.", and this made Him Perfect
Perhaps if christians overstood this, they wouldnt keep telling ini that King Selassie I denied His divinity.

Same thing, Christ overcame the third temptation Perfectly

"And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season"
"And Christ returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee"

Now he is Strong, stronger than He was, which was his purpose for going into the wilderness, he didnt go there for a rest holiday.
He went there because he knew there were things of the flesh,earthly things that he had to overcome before troddin on towards His destiny.

And even when He was about to meet His fate, Christ asked
"Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done."
Is that not the temptation of fear? Aöthough He always knew that this was His purpose, He still asks Jah to remove "this cup from me"

So as far as i can see, Christ was tempted many a time.
So i sight it as wrong to say,He was never tempted because He is Perfect, i would rather say He is Perfect as he overcame in a Perfect manner.

And this only gives ini more strength.
It is the religious institutions that want us to see Christ as something seperate from as.
As you can see in the above article, it says
"On the other hand, depraved men are capable of sin because each one has a mind that is ready to receive an evil suggestion"
That means Christ is seperate, and everyone else pon earth is "depraved" because i dont know any one man,woman or child, who has never had a bad thought. So you sight, how they seperate Christ from ini
But Christ leads ini by example,and He has shown ini that ini can overcome our temptations too,as He has, and the more ini overcome,the more ini achieve that Perfect state, not to be as Him, but to be as One with Him, in Perfect Harmony.

"Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me"
Selah

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 10/1/2008 10:50:09 PM

ras kebra, i agree with the i, there is more to it, the book of hebrew explain this same point

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

18For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

if he was not as i am then how could he tell ini follow him. it would be unfair, eg, if supper man came and said follow me and flew, could we? no, because he is not as we.

christ did not play with temptation. when it came he instantly said it is written.........

unlike ini who always fel we can escape, as we see it ini fe burn fiah pon it

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 10/1/2008 11:23:39 PM

Ras KebreAB, I agree with the I, Christ was tempted as all men are, but he showed I and I that temptation has no power through his perfect livity

RASTAFARI IS THE SAVIOR

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/2/2008 12:07:48 AM

Blessed Love Ras KebreAB. I Love those Words of yours in this Reasoning.

The I probably knows the views of mine that I am about to express, I am reasoning about them because they are connected to this reasoning, so others can see more reasonings about this.

Christ spent almost all his Words telling people to Live as He Lives and instructing them on how to walk and how to think to overcome and be One, they in the Father and the Father in them, they in Christ and Christ in them, Christ in the Father and the Father in Christ, Perfect in One.

Temptation and sin is not a matter of can or can't, it is a matter of do or don't, will or won't, choose or don't choose. It is similar to I reasonings about Faith, Trodding to Righteousness and resisting sins is very similar to having Faith, because to have Faith, I and I must resist doubt. And when I say Faith, I mean the fullness of Faith: Faith in the Creator; Faith that I and I will succeed; Faith that I and I will overcome sin; Faith that I and I will not fall, spiritually or physically; Faith that I and I will be guided by the Creator; Faith and Trust in the Most High Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I, Heeding the guidance of the Creator as Jah will speak to I and I all the time if I and I choose to listen.

So by Eashua Christ having Strong Faith and resisting doubt, and by Him trodding in Righteousness and resisting sin and thoughts of temptation, He made it impossible for Himself to Sin. Because as it is said, resist the devil and the devil will flee.

First comes the choice to resist sin and doubt. Then comes the process to build and strengthen that resistance, resisting temptation and doubt as much as you are willing, building your willingness so that sin and doubt are resisted and stopped for a time after the thought arises. Making that time of thought smaller and smaller until there is no more time for it, and so that particular sin or doubt will never be able to tempt again. Until the time comes that all sin and doubt are blazed and destroyed, so that none can enter in.

Here are some reasonings I made before that are related to this:

----------------------------------------------
It will be great when people finally See who they are and Live as they are to Live. As it is said, Ye are Gods, and all of ye are children of the Most High, but because people choose to walk like men instead of Man, then they will die like men and fall like one of the princes.

As I have reasoned before, One is not about a person being greater than another, it is about greatness in One. The Highest is Jah, and all who live as Jah are Jah. Not jahs or gods, but only One Jah.

That is why it is said in the scripture that He who Ivercomes will be given the throne to sit on. The same throne that was given to Christ by the Father. One throne, One Man, One God.

Learn to Live as One and you will also Ivercome, and will be given to sit on the throne, as Yeshua I was given to sit, as Selassie I was given to sit, as Emmanuel I was given to sit.

And don't think when a Man is God that He is exalting himself. There is no place for exaltation with One, that is a concept among the separate. Let a Man's Fruits show if He is God, and if he is God, he is One and it is good to Learn by His Example and Live the same.

I have shown on this website so many times and in so many ways that I and I are not to prop anybody up on an unreachable pedastel, but instead know that being God is not just for Them, but it is for all because that is how I and I were Created by the Most High. Learn to Live as One and never accept that it cannot be, or you will be accepting illusion.

Read and concentrate on the words of Christ in the Bible and you will see the same thing.
I would say that everything was Created Perfect, but much of Creation has been given the choice to be imperfect. And most, including myself, still live in imperfection, some worse than others.

But what I am today doesn't limit I tomorrow, it doesn't even limit I this second. The only thing that limits I is I Faith and choice. So I am working to change both, strengthening I Faith and learning to make the right choices, until I Live as I was Created to be.

Without this Iverstanding, I will limit myself by thinking that I am where I am not. When I know where I am, I know what direction to go to reach I destination.

If you want to know the role of Eashua Christ, then read this quote of Haile Selassie I, RasTafarI that I already posted on the forum for you.

When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do'.

Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God. Had this been so, peoples of the world would not have been divided along lines of enmity.

Eashua Christ shows the example of God and He is One with God. Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I shows the example of God and He is One with God. This is also I and I purpose, to learn of the example of God and be One.

The false leaders of the Christians imagine that Christ came to die on a cross, because they are the blind who have refused Gods way, it was not meant for them to see. So instead of realizing that the way of salvation is the example that Christ showed, and the teachings that Christ told us, they see the murder of Christ as their salvation. They relate more to the murderers of Christ than to Christ, because they are the same Pharisees.

Just as the Pharisees called the Christians blasphemers for calling Eashua Christ God. The same Pharisee "christians" of today call I and I blasphemers for praising his Majesty Haile Selassie I.

If they paid more attention to the teachings and example of Christ, they would see the true way to salvation and they would also see who Haile Selassie I is. And they would also see that they are supposed to be One with God also. Not to put Christ on an unreachable pedestal to admire, but to heed the instructions of Christ and Live the same.

But since they don't want the teachings and example of Christ, they don't see the true way, they don't see Haile Selassie I, and they are not supposed to be One with God, because they have chosen another way.

Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I and Eashua Christ didn't fight against the religions of the world, they just fought against wickedness and taught people the example of God.

As Haile Selassie I, Jah RasTafarI say,

No one is today so foolish as to believe that any one nation constitutes a perfect monolith of faith and ideology. Nor could anyone wish that there should be such utter vanity of thought and aspiration.

----------------------------------------------------------

Faith
Temptation
Perfect Livity
Free from sin
Example of Jah

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 10/2/2008 4:08:21 AM

RasKebreAB, a short reply to I ..i have to get going but this post is power and inlightening.
Christ did everything for the Glory of Jah and not HIM self.when he was alone and his flesh was craving for bread and even though he could have turned the stone into Bread he didn't because their was no one to sight the glory of Jah. Sometimes i wounder if he really could have changd it into bread. For the sake of his belly.
He did every mirakle to show the people the way of life, Raised his freind from the dead, for the Glory of JAH.
He did not do anything for his Flesh ..nothing, think bout this I. because he did nothing for Him self he must have tempted everysingle secound. He conquerd. even before his crusifiction he was afraid of the pain and death. That is a heavy temptation i think.
This just poped up. iwill reason when i get back.
blessed love JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 10/2/2008 10:11:32 AM

ARK I made it very clear:
"So by Eashua Christ having Strong Faith and resisting doubt, and by Him trodding in Righteousness and resisting sin and thoughts of temptation, He made it impossible for Himself to Sin. Because as it is said, resist the devil and the devil will flee".

I have an aunt who is in Addis and her husband was always going to church, meditating etc etc, One day he made up his mind to go to the Monastery in Debre-Libanos. He was asked why.. he replyed that he couldn't stand the temptation of the city. Even in thier home he wouldn't sleep with his wife because of the guilty feelings after. He got the blessings of the elders and his wife took him to the monastry said thier goodbye's and she came back alone.
Those monks thier do not even talk to eachother.

Now Christ was a man on earth with the similar temptations as everyone. But he conquerd it, that is what makes HIM christ. He even conquerd death beacuse of his faith. He says "if the flesh came into being because of the spirit it is a wonder. But if spirit came into being because of the flesh it is wonder of wonders. Indeed I am amazed how this great wealth has made its home in this poverty".
He could not have been tempted because of his faith and the Spirit within Him. I think that would be my answer to one of your questions.

"But what maked Him Perfect?"

I truly believe that their is no perfect man/woman on earth, but if thier was one that could conquer and overcome temptation, then he is Christ. The ONE WITH NO FAULTS IN THE EYES OF JAH.that is why i know he who follow his works and have total faith a real submission in this false earth will live for iver more.
Jah help us conquerd evil.

I am not really good with words i'll try to express wht i mean better.
Haile I Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 10/2/2008 10:34:40 AM

I think I have another angle of reasoning:

Jesus was tempted for the word says he was. It was possible for him to be tempted because he was in the flesh as you and I are in the flesh.

He did not succumb to temptation because he sought to finish what God had started.

If he were not in the flesh, he would not have been able to be physically wounded.

After his ressurection, he was of incorruptable form, meaning could not be physically wounded, nor subject to temptation, nor defiled in spirit.

He had to become one with us and live among us and the only way to do that is in the flesh.

-RSK

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/2/2008 7:49:08 PM

Blessed Love

Give thanks brethren and sistren,every word is much appriciloved and cherished. Rastafari Bless.

"Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom!"

A shameful person remarked on another post "Well let us deal with the most popular saying of Christ. "No one can come to the father but by me". Is JC suggesting that he is the only vehicle that we have of salvation? Is not YAH open to conversation with us as in times past"

Words of the ignorant. They speak as if Christ said unless you come and talk to me you cannot pass. Ignorant to the fact that He is JAH LAW, He is the embodiment of Rastafari Law, He is the embodiment of humility and kindness and martyrdom, No one who disobeys this laws shall come before the Father, thus No one comes to the Father but by HIM, Holy I Selassie I

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 10/3/2008 8:08:53 AM

One more note; the fighting of Temptation in the Garden of Gethsemane is the ultimate. Even before he got there he said to becarefull of temptations, because once you see HIM humiliated, naked in pain anguish then you might ask yourself "is that Christ"??
Like many still do!
In the Garden he prayed 3 times for help, but no one came Even Jah did not answer, sent HIM an angle because his diciples where sleeping.
He was fighting against his flesh. He did not save himself, JAH words neverfail, but he had the choise.

some though that crept in i mind.
More love and life RastafarI

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 10/4/2008 3:38:47 PM

blessed love Idren it's a pity that I don't have time, to read the whoel reasoning, but it seems that JAH Ras Tafar I put us on a same page, Bro. Ark I knows what I'm tyalking about, because of the letter I sent, I will tgry to get to this latter, maybe tommorow. blessed

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I