Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3036&start_row=1

Revelation

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 9/5/2008 3:14:32 PM

greetings I,
The Vision of the Son of Man in the midst of the "Seven Lamp-stands." Rev. 1:10-20.

WHAT DO THE 7 LAMPSTANDS REPRESENT?

Messenger: IDread Sent: 9/5/2008 5:19:32 PM

I would think they stand for the seven seals.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/5/2008 7:53:40 PM

The seven lamps (not lamp-stands) represent the seven spirits of Jah Rastafari
Rev.4:5....And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Ephesians 4:4-6
There is one body and ONE SPIRIT—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all

There are seven spirits
There is but One spirit.

These two word sounds seem as if they contradict eachother but they dont really. That is why i pointed out that it is seven lamps,or seven candlesticks and not seven lampstands. Lampstands is a little misleading,though you will find that in many bible versions
You can see this easily,if you have noticed how the lamp stands are made
There is one lampstand, and that divides forth into seven branches,each with its own candlestick.
So from the One come forth the Seven

Emperor Selassie I the Christ is the Source and fullness of the seven irits of Jah

And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/5/2008 11:35:19 PM

Greetings...

7 Chakras housed in One body, the opening of all and their perfect union results in (to use a generic word) man's enlightenment. While this comes across as a Hindu teaching, my own studies have led me to see that this comes from Kemet, and I amongst some others feel that many things known to have been taught and practiced in Kemet originated in Ethiopia before they made it to Kemet, Israel, and India.

Selam

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/6/2008 12:09:45 AM

His Majesty is the living example of the seven lamps of fire; a lamp must be lit/ as a seal has to be broken/ as a chakra is to be opened. He embodies the culmination of the effect written of in Revelation. He has shown us the way to do what He has done...Igziabhier Ye Mas Gan!

Selam

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/6/2008 10:21:50 AM

Two eyes
two nostrils
two ears
one mouth
seven

Keep the fire burning, coming in and coming out

Rastafari

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 9/7/2008 7:48:20 AM

peace and love unto I and I,
i overstand the answers to i question. Blessed love.
the last post of Ras KebreAB
the i wrote
" 2 eyes, 2 nostrils, 2 ears, 1 mouth". which makes 7.

i truly get the point. can the idem also overstand that
They are: the Spirit of Life (Romans 8:2), the Spirit of Truth (John 15:26), the Spirit of Wisdom (Ephesians 1:17), the Spirit of Holiness (Romans 1:4), the Spirit of Faith (2 Corinthians 4:13), the Spirit of Love (1 John 4:8), and the Spirit of Prophecy (Revelations 19:10). The other two Spirits mentioned in Scripture are the Spirit of Glory (1 Peter 4:14) which refers to the 7 Spirits of God collectively, and the Spirit of Grace (Hebrews 10:29) which refers to the Holy Spirit.

if I and I recognise those 7 spirit with in iself wouldn't i and i have the same 2 eyes, the same 2 nostrils, the same ears, the same mouth as christ?as we are One with HIM
If i am in anyway crossing the line of i brethren and sistren here please correct i, beacuse i am still asking for wisdom and overstandig unto the most High.

I rastafari are One so i send you my love.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/7/2008 8:52:45 AM

Jah Bird I see no line crossed (at least not in a negative way) everything said here should be pointing to that Oneness that the I is speaking of. Seven senses are our tools to manifest the fullness of our own potential. Our ultimate potential hinges on how we use the tools given to us. Many are called but few will be chosen...that is to say, many of us will even see what work is to be done, but still fall short of manifesting our full potential, only those worthy will forward to Zion permanently.

To become One and truly realize it within OneSelf is, I fear, a much harder achievement than many take it for, yet this must be done before I and I flesh separate.

I had been doing some reading and came across an old Kabbalist saying that "no One can help another until they have perfected themSelf".

Now there is some truth in the statement, and even while we see imperfect Ones helping the world in many ways, there is always cause and effect to take into account; but what a wonderful world it would be if everyOne had perfected themSelf and then tried to do works for the betterment of others. I feel that this is exactly what His Majesty is doing.

SELAM

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/8/2008 9:49:02 AM

give thanks for the reasonings blessed ones, you bring light to this world.

Messenger: emaye_to_2 Sent: 9/16/2008 1:54:54 PM

Give thanks Ras KebreAB, Sun of Man, this is a blessed reasoning. I can really sight your words and they are beautiful. There are seven planes of existence in the universe, seven heavens, seven chakras to be lit. White light separates into the seven colors of the rainbow encircling Selassie I's throne in perfect completion.

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I