Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3010&start_row=1

Should InI study the Holy Piby?

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/27/2008 2:07:21 PM

I have recently came into contact with a brother that told me about the Holy Piby. I was wondering if I should study this?

Is the Holy Piby real, and is it the black man's bible?

I heard of the Kebre Negast, but I also heard that the Holy Piby was an Ethiopian Bible.

Also didn't Hile Selassie I write his version of the bible......called "The Amharic Bible"?

I know Bredren that I am asking alot of questions, but I would not if I knew that you fine bredren could not help me.

I am a rasta woman walking in the livity of his majesty, and would like all the help I can concerning this matter.

JAH Bless

Messenger: marle g Sent: 8/28/2008 8:01:27 AM

GREATINGS EMPRESS
I N I CAN ENCOURAGE U 2 STUDY THE HOLY PIBY COZ I N I
BELIEVE
THAT AFTAR STUDIN,U WILL B ABLE 2 OVERSTAND WHAT JAH
WANT WE,
MORE OVOR U B ABLE 2 KEEP IT POSTIVE N BURN NAGATIVE
MINDED,
N WILL HELP U STAND STRONG IN A BABYLON YARD.I N I
NAH BOW
2 DIRTY SYSTEM.
BLESSED LOVE
2 ALL BREDREN N SISTREN

Messenger: RasRanga Sent: 8/28/2008 3:09:47 PM

Greetiings ina da name of da most high Jah!

Empress Eboni Yehuda, I may not be in a position to tell the I what ancient scripture to read, but as H.I.M said He glories ina the bible, and I read ina the bible that mankind ought to seek Jah and that ini have the spirit of truth within ourselves that ini have an unction from the Holy One, therefore I sight that there exists the truths of the Most High Jah, within ourselves. ini jus haffi listen to the spirit of Jah within ini in order to trod closer to Jah or rather with Jah. Let His will be done, thus He lives within us and ini life is in HIM, in His spirit and not in material things which pass away. The I can read any ancient scripture but listen to Jah spirit to discern truth from deceipt. It is important to read about the history of as many ancient scripts so ini can know how they came to be what they are today, thus having wisdom to know truth from falsehood.

Jah guidance and Blessing

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 8/28/2008 3:31:05 PM

I don't think Haile Selassie wrote his own version of the Bible but had scholars update and translate the Orthodox Ethiopian Christian Bible (Mets'haf Qiddus) from Geez to Amharic and the Amharic Bible is called King Selassie Version (KSV, also known as QHS)which was released in 1948 YM (1955 European Calender). Selassie did this so that the people could overstand the scriptures in their own language and not keep them ignorant like the Roman Catholic Church did for so many years with Latin. I and I usually read the King James Version but I and I would read the King Selassie Version if I and I knew how to read Amharic. I and I hope to learn amharic someday.

Well, actually Haile Selassie I did write the Bible because he is JAH ALMIGHTY so he is the author of the Bible.

Haile Selassie I
King of Kings
Lord of Lords
Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah
Igziabeher
Negusa Negast
Medhani Alem

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/28/2008 5:46:31 PM

blessed love

ini has one its not an ancient, it was written through the life of a man who some say was a prophet from the caribbean, he claim to be the first to call garvy a prophet, and scorn him when he made his remarks on H.I.M, and saying a an angel say don't worry garvey is a true prophet, he also had 12 commandments including porvety is a sin keep the sabbath,

also visions of haile selassie i, corination, the war,etc its amazing,

his majesty ask ini to seek all knowledge

the

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 8/29/2008 7:38:43 PM

Greetings...

I haven't read the "Holy Piby", so I can't say one way or another, but thought I'd reply in regards to the other two mentioned.

The Kebre Negast (The Glory of the Kings) is a book included in Ethiopian scripture, but not the fullness of the Bible. The Kebre Negast is a must read.

His Majesty had the Ethiopian Bible translated from Ge'ez, the now liturgical language of Ethiopia, into Amharic, the national language of Ethiopia. By doing so His Majesty took the ability of exclusive interpretation out of the hands of the priests and gave it to all His children, this is of the utmost importance.

Selam

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 8/29/2008 11:06:22 PM

I also forgot to mention that Ark I has provided I an I with an online Kebre Negast, putting the food before us....Give Thanks!

Selam

Messenger: Ras Daniel Sent: 8/30/2008 10:59:20 PM

i highly recommend this site which contains the following books in full as well as many other religious writings:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/

kebra nagast

the holy piby

the book of enoch

the book of jubilees

the gospel of thomas

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 8/31/2008 11:11:40 AM

GIVE THANKS

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/3/2008 12:51:37 PM

I POSTED A COPY ON THIS FORUM

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List