Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2998&start_row=11

Is baptistsing the gate way to Hola Mt. Zion?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/26/2008 6:16:36 PM

i did not say water is symbolic, the act of baptisim is, we are showing that our mind is made up to follow christ, but true baptisim is fromthe heart,thats the promise that i will give them a heart of flesh and write mylaw in it, (jere)

thats why many do the act and then turn around to the same thing

as i said when christ was on the cross and the thift ask him to remember him in paradise, he said surely i tell u today, that u will be with me, they died without being baptise, did he not go to heaven.

the only way to zion is through christ/His Majesty

and we only need to believe/ know and obay his commandments

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. (rom 10)

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/27/2008 7:34:50 PM

If that is what the scripture says.....then so be it.

However Jah's baptism is with FIYA. That same energy that filled the womb that housed John the Baptist.

Jah Rastafari Bless

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/28/2008 9:25:19 PM

I and I must Live as One with the Most High to enter Mount Zion.

Nothing else matters.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 8/29/2008 5:31:45 AM

Live as One in Spirit, and be baptised in Flesh.

Ises

Messenger: RasRanga Sent: 8/31/2008 4:26:49 AM

Greetings.

Bredren and sistren, did not the christ say ini need to eat His flesh and blood? When He saw that His disciples were confused, He said flesh and blood profiteth nothing, it is the spirit which gives life. Thats why when the christ came, He is the one who baptises with the spirit and with fire!

Baptism is about being born again, if its the spirit which gives life, then to be born in Jah is to live by the spirit of Jah. We forsake our old ways and trod the way Jah has taught ini to trod. To do this ini need to listen to the words of Jah within ini and as how each individual i overstands the words ina da bible and trod by them. Nah listen and nah be-lie-ve any other mans interpretation of the bible but only how the spirit of Jah reveals unto I. But untimately, all ini will find that our overstandin is inity as there is only one Jah who is undivided. thus the purpose of reasoning with bredren and sistren, to ensure dat what the I overstands is inity with other I coz if it isnt, then one overstandin is false as there is only one truth.

For I, the herb helps I hear the voice of Jah more clearly thus it is I daily bread (Give us this day our daily bread) that helps I perform Jah will and not my will (Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven). Jesus said "I am the bread of life". And He spoke of us sharing bread and drinkin wine which are His flesh and blood, then we remember that tis not the flesh and blood that matter, but the spirit!

That is how I sight it.

Itinual Ises To The Most High
Jah Ras Tafari

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 8/31/2008 9:42:46 PM

Holy Baptism

In the Mystery/Sacrament of Holy Baptism, the Holy Spirit descends upon the water and turns it from ordinary water into living water which washes a person and gives him/her a new birth "But according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit" (Titus 3:5). Water is a symbol of the Spirit in that it is necessary for keeping life and maintaining it. Almighty God is the fountain of living water because from Him comes the Holy Spirit "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth Who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me" (St. John 15:26).

Through the water of Baptism, the Holy Spirit freed us from sin and joined us with Our Lord Jesus Christ, sharing in His Holiness and destined for eternal life. Holy Baptism leaves us permanently changed, no longer the person we once were, but a new person, dying to death and sin, and rising to new life in the Lord Jesus Christ. In the words of St. Paul, "We were buried with Him through Baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so too may we live a new life" (Romans 6:4).

Ezekiel the Prophet said, "Then I washed you in water; yes, I thoroughly washed off your blood, and I anointed you with oil." (Ezek 16:9). As the words ‘bathed with water' refer to the work of the Holy Spirit in Baptism the words ‘anointed you with oil' refer to His work in the Mystery/Sacrament of Holy Chrismation often called in the west, Holy Confirmation.

JAH RASTAFARI MIGHTY GOD JAHOVAH HAILE SELASSIE I MENEN I
MY GOD RASTAFARI IS WRITING ON THE WALL

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 8/31/2008 9:45:30 PM

The Seven Mysteries of the Holy Spirit

. The Annunciation, the “Proto-Pentecost” in which the Blessed Virgin St. Mary is overshadowed by the Holy Spirit (St. Luke 1:35). Ask for the Gift of Wisdom.

2. The Visitation in which Elizabeth, “filled with the Holy Spirit” (St. Luke 1:42), greets the Mother of her Lord. Ask for the Gift of Understanding.

3. The Baptism of the Lord Jesus, at which the Holy Spirit descended upon him “in bodily form, as a dove” (St. Luke 3:22). Ask for the Gift of Counsel.

4. The Wedding Feast at Cana (St. John 2:1-11) at which, in response to the intervention of his Mother, the Lord Jesus provides wine in abundance prefiguring the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Ask for the Gift of Fortitude.

5. The Death of Jesus Crucified who, “bowing his head, handed over His Spirit” (St. John 19:30). Ask for the Gift of Knowledge.

6. The Resurrection of Jesus, Who, appearing to the Disciples “on the evening of that day, the first day of the week” (St. John 20:19), “breathed on them, and said to them, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit’” (St. John 20:22). Ask for the Gift of Piety.

7. The Descent of the Holy Spirit “when the day of Pentecost had come” (Acts 2:1). Ask for the Gift of Holy Fear.

JAH RASTAFARI HAILE SELASSIE I MIGHTY REDEEMER

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 9/2/2008 1:13:49 PM

WATER, THEN FIRE AND SMOKE

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 9/2/2008 2:42:55 PM

Pay attention please.

Christ come to baptise us thru Spirit and Fire. But your interpretation is not supported by the Scriptures.

Infact, when Christ comes as Chief Priest in the Order of Melkisedeq, He baptise us thru Spirit, and this is written in Acts 11,15-16: "15] And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
[16] Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost", to show you that the coming down of the Spirit is the so called "Chrysmation", that is in the Ethiopian Church the rite of annointing the one who has just been baptised, and the Oil is the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit /Menfes Qeddus. Baptism infact is "immersion", and the process of baptism is 1) down in the water, immersion in the water , 2) immersion in the Spirit. So John said those things about the way of Baptism that Christ would have brought forth, not because water is inferior to Spirit, but because John 's baptism was actually "symbolic", allow me to say, in the sense that his baptism only thru water could not save us, as indeed Christ's alone can. John's Baptism was introductory, was performed to "prepare the way of the Lord" (Mark 1,3), to be then replaced by Christ's Baptism, the True Saving baptism of Iyasus Krstos.
Water and Spirit are needed altogheter, and without the first ther is no second and vise versa.
Just like when Iyasus Krstos went out of the baptismal Water with John the Baptist by His Side, and the Spirit suddenly came down in the shape of a dove, Spirit.

Then must come Fire, as again Peter says..

2Pet.3 Verses 5 to 9

[5] For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
[6] Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
[7] But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
[8] But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

so let me say fire is not a mystical element of strenght that come with baptism, and such things. but it is actually the fire of war and punishment, recognized by us all in WW2.

I exhort you not to take such positions of your own, but to seek knowledge from the thru and original Source, the One given to us by His Majesty Haile Selassie I, God and King, Christ in His Kingly Character: the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia, named Tewahedo. Follow the path lead down by the Apostolic Tradition and Ethiopian Orthodoxy.

Check out this glorious site www.AbbaYesehaq.com , about Abuna Yesehaq, the Bishop sent by His Majesty to teach Rastafarians in the west about Ethiopia, that we may glorify H.I.M. much more again.

give thanks

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 9/2/2008 4:08:13 PM

From Catch a Fire by Timothy White

"Queer Tales began to circulate about Tafari's boyhood, the most notable concerning his supposed ability to speak to animals. During his youth, it was claimed, he had on several occasions been seen conversing in the bush with leopards and lions, the fierce jungle beasts becoming docile at his feet, much as they had responded centuries before to the fabled Ethiopian hermit, Saint Abbo.
Further, it was said that as a young student Tafari was quite bright and competant at his lessons, but that he had truly astounded the priests with the depth of his knowledge concerning religious and mystical matters. Not only could he quote freely from the Kebra Negast, but also from the Book of Kufale, the Book of Enoch, the Shephard of Hermas, Judith, Ecclesiasticus, Tobit, the Matshafa Berhan (Book Of Light), the Sixth and Seventh Books of Moses, the Books of Eden(Secretly deleted from Genesis during the Dark Ages), all thirty-one books of teh Hebrew Bible, the twenty-one canonical books of the New Testament and numerous other apocryphal and pseudepigraphic works.
According to one story, a local priest in Harar had visited the young Tafari shortly after the death of his father and asked him where he had gained such vast knowledge. Tafari replied that much of it had come to him at the moment of his baptism, conducted according to tradition on the fortieth day of his life. The priest who presided at the ceremony had opened Tafari's eyes with the first touch of holy chrism, and everything that ensued was as comprehensible to the infant as if he had been an adult. The priest pronounced his surname, he remembered, and next his baptismal name, and then of course he blew softly in Tafari's face to drive off the evil spirits. At that instant, Tafari claimed, he felt himself enveloped by a golden glow, and as the priest began to anoint him, water touching his forehead, breast, shoulders and all of the other thirty-seven prescribed places, he felt his knowledge increase, filling him up like a vessel and endowing him with a great sense of clarity about Creation and the final purpose of man.
However, in the weeks afterward, the knowledge and this special sense of lucidity seemed to ebb away.
When did it return? the priest inquired
When the birds and the beasts and even the insects began to greet him and speak to him, reminding him of what he already knew, Tafari replied.
Which was the first creature to speak to him?
Tafari requested a sheet of paper and some pastels and began to draw, with extraordinary facility, a picture of a bird. It resembled a dove, but with exotic, multicolored plumage. The priest was about to ask Tafari what sort of bird it was when he was dumbfounded to see the bird fly off the page and out through the nearby window, disappearing into the sky.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I