Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2996&start_row=11

Paul

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 8/24/2008 10:29:54 AM

greetings in the name of the most high Jah RastafarI,
the whole chapter 14 seems to i a letter to the opponent. eating meat and vegitable i think is a methaphor,but not sure of what.
because he writes:

13Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

17For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

18For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.

19Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another

21It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

if paul was a gnostic then he is saying let me belive in what i think is right and you belive in what you think is right.
but let us go in our own way, do not cut in my way of rigthoeusness.
Only the Lord will have the Judgment.

I hope that i did not make a very wrong assumption here..
14v 21 he says 'flesh' will make you weak and not 'meat'.

give thanks and praises.

Messenger: pyamaisha Sent: 8/25/2008 12:59:14 AM

Even though I eat meat for the sake of resoning JAH gave our brain and the systems of unity, meat causes disunity in the body because it simply takes more energy to digest than it provides. We learn this from science but we KNOW this from JAH!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/25/2008 11:11:48 PM

It is not true that flesh takes more energy to digest than it provides. If that were the case, then people who ate mostly flesh would eventually die.

It is true that digesting flesh does take a lot of energy, more than fruits and vegetables, but you still get more energy from flesh than you use digesting it.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/25/2008 11:36:21 PM

Ark I, I was wondering if Paul was just using this as an example, the way Christ would use examples in his parables. Was this just merely a way for Paul to expalin his point that it is faith that Jah acknowledges?

Jah Bless

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I