Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2957&start_row=1

soya can stops u reproduction

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: bigginer Sent: 7/31/2008 1:56:34 PM

on the tv it says that soya kills ur sperm sells in men and says vegetarians should re frame from eating it or drinking it but ini think its a lie because for years ini have seen nuff ras have allot children

like to hear what u all think

BLESS GIVE THANX AND PRAISE TO THE MOST HIGH .
JAH KURIOUS

Messenger: IDread Sent: 7/31/2008 3:11:32 PM

Oh please... Seems they are saying everything harms the I in some way these days. Most things the news says aren't true and even if it has some truth to it then its likely biased and corrupted somehow. Best to ignore it.

Blessings

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 7/31/2008 4:33:56 PM

blessed love

It's not soya it's geneticaly modified soya that is harmful, like any GMF.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 7/31/2008 4:40:30 PM

Greetings
Biggner you say:
"on the tv it says that soya kills ur sperm sells in men and says vegetarians should re frame from eating it or drinking it but ini think its a lie because for years ini have seen nuff ras have allot children"
Now first of all Rasta having many youth does not mean soya is good. You don't know if them Rasta ate soya or not. You don't know how much soya they ate or in what form soya they took. Its a claim that I find false because Rasta's ability to pro-create does not mean soya is good. Maybe you could argue that in Asian cultures tofu and soya milk have long been a part of their diet and they still are able to have children.
And secondly I, its these processed soya products that are being questioned like soya milk, soya ice cream, chunks, burgers n things. If people are too dependent on them it affects the colon and the kidneys because the body has to process them in a way its not used to. The impact of these soya products has also been linked to women's menstrual cycle and men's sperm production, but I think more research needs to be done in this area because one study encourages pple to eat soya but now another study comes out with soya is bad for reproduction. You never know what to believe, but better safe than sorry you never know what chemicals they put in these foods so fresh ital is the best...
Here is a link to the story:
http://environment.newscientist.com/article.nsid=dn12792&feedId=online-news_rss20

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/1/2008 12:42:42 AM

I doesn't really stop a persons reproduction.

It is possible that soya reduces sperm count, but they don't know for sure yet, more study needs to be done. I looked up the recent study you were talking about, they said that the possible reduction in sperm count would mainly be a problem for men whose sperm count is already low. They said that for most healthy males, the reduction would not make a difference because there would still be more than enough sperm.

It is not just genetically modified soy beans that have this affect, it is just a natural part of the soy plant. Many plants have parts of it that are similar to hormones or other things our bodies use or produce. Most herbs and plants are good if they are used properly and in the right amount and balance.

Just make sure that you get non genetically modified soy beans or tofu and even better get organic because the non-organic producers use a lot of pesticides for soy beans. And don't make it the majority of your protein source, make it just a part.

Make other kinds of beans a large part of your protein, and eat a variety, there are so many kinds from red beans, black beans, lentils, chickpeas and so many others. Each of them have a uniqueness that will provide some variation of nutrients.

Nuts and seeds are not as good for protein as beans, but they are still a very good source.

Just remember if you use beans make sure you also eat rice or some other grain, or a variety of vegetables, or both.

The news like to blow things out of proportion to catch people's attention so people watch them more. What you are talking about soy products has been discussed for so many years, at least 10-15 years and probably even more.

People just forget these things and when the news bring it up again it seems like a big surprise. From year to year or every couple of years I see the news bring up the same stories again and again, and each year when I hear people talk about it they speak like it is something new.

At least 7 months before I had I first child I significantly reduced eating soy. I used beans, nuts, seeds and other vegetables and fruits. I made many other changes to the way I took care of I Body, Mind and Irits to prepare Iself to bring forth Life. I also made sure I Empress did the same thing.

Here is a reasoning I made before about making sure your body is in very good condition so that the sperm or ovum are also in very good condition. People always talk about sperm count, but many of the things that reduce sperm count also affect the sperm that is there because it grew in poor growing conditions.

Preparation for ProCreation

People must always remember that bringing forth children is the manner in which Humans Live. So it is so important to make sure that each generation your Life Line brings forth is the healthiest possible, so that the next generation afterwards will also be healthy. This should be taught to your children and they should teach it to their children so that they also bring forth Life in the healthiest possible conditions.

Ark I
Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/1/2008 1:41:19 PM

Greetings

I agree with you, I think it is a lie. That same lie was told about GANJA, and our Rasta men still have alot of babies. That is just a scare tactic, that is aimed at InI Ital diet.

JAH BLESS

Messenger: IDread Sent: 8/1/2008 3:21:15 PM

Your point about Ganja reminds I of a time when a friend of mine who doesn't agree with I smoking herb told I that it reduced sperm count.
Although it was probably a bit rude of me, since she was genuinely concerned about I health, I laughed and reminded her of how many children Bob Marley had and of the fact that Rastas still have plenty of healthy children despite smoking large amounts of herb.

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/7/2008 5:25:56 PM

well the chines have been eating it for years now they are over populated we should ask they

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I