Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2953&start_row=1

Solomon or Jesus

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 7/29/2008 1:22:33 PM

should I live the life of solomon with many woman, keep the fire burning, or stay with one woman keep the fire burning

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 7/30/2008 7:12:18 AM

What u should do as Ras, is live a life as Ras Tafar I, Menen I my lawd, man and woman become ONE.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 7/31/2008 1:03:51 PM

Ises
Its simple if you hail His Majesty follow His example, its a li'l contradictory I-man want to live like Solomon with harems of women but you bow to His Majesty who held up the Empress as His Royal and Only Queen. Some Rasta live like Solomon & Makeda fathering sons and daughters but they never stay with the Queens. Rasta is about family inity, if man sow the seed, man must stay and plough that field and work to build a home of love n irieness. If it truly nah work with the Queen, then its understood but burn this culture of having many women n fathering children man never care for...If I word sound is harsh its because I seen it many a time - no disrespect to the many good brethren that follow the Alpha n Omega principle of HIM & Her Royal Highness...bless

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 7/31/2008 6:02:24 PM

well we see in the bible that even abraham two his wife and mistress and there was problem, christ conferm it, and his majesty lived it.

we also see that the bible refer to a church who have adoupted false doctren as a halot, so that should be obvious, one man one woman and the two shall be one as my brother said

Messenger: RasRanga Sent: 8/1/2008 2:24:05 AM

Greetings brethren and sistren
Does this mean to say Solomon was wrong in having more than one wife? Wa if one can love and care for all his idren and wives, wat then?

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/1/2008 1:32:38 PM

Greetings

"MAN IS TO LEAVE HIS PARENTS AND BOND WITH HIS WIFE". Where in the passage does it say wives?

Ofcourse one may see I as being bias, being how I am a wombman, but I feel that man shall have only one wife. Remeber when we speak of Solomon, he did many wrong things. That is why the ARK as well as the divine lineage went from Israel, to Ethiopia. I learned this by reading the "Kebre Negast". Remeber the story of Solomon having the dream of the rising sun that no longer shined in Israel, but rose in Ethiopia?

Also the book called "The songs of Solomon", was between one man and one wombman. Why else would a love story be placed directly in the middle of the Ible, unless it was an instruction manual on how to love your mate.

Besides, I do not want to share my lion with any other Empress. Just the thought alone of my man sleeping with another Empress eeeeehw...... No I want him all to Iself.

JAH BLESS

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/3/2008 2:55:19 PM

yes, in fact he wanted to have meny, meny children, but only had three the one of ethiopia was the first. it dont matter if u can take care of a thousand u will leave behind emenity and rivalery

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/9/2008 9:54:41 PM

I trod is to be with One Woman. But for those that want to be like Solomon, then I say to them, don't just be like Solomon and have many children with many wives, but also be as Solomon and make sure that it is you who is providing for all of your children, not just the woman and the woman's family.

Ark I
Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/15/2008 6:22:13 PM

because you can do something that don't mean you should do it, when its wrong

jah also tempt ini, could not his majesty take the money from musolini

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/15/2008 6:24:28 PM

solomon wanted to have many children but only had three, that of queen of sheba was the first, check the kebra negast

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I