Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2883&start_row=11

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/25/2008 10:11:10 AM

No i, i cant agree with that.
The i say there is no reason why they couldnt have stemmed from the same source
But i dont see any reason why they should.

Their meanings have no similarities, if Hotep is right in the meaning of sattva,which is "light and good", and the amharic "give thanks".....no similarity in meanings
And then their sounds have no similarities....Sattva and satta might have similiar sounds, but like i said, satta is wrong amharic. It is just a case of non amharic speaking people,in this case Jamaicans saying it as closely as they could at that time. Anyone who knows a little about amharic knows that there are sounds in the amharic tongue that simply do not exist in english, so they did the best they could in that time.

So tell i on what you are basing your assumption that they have the same source? Perhaps the i can change i mind still,but for now, i dont see it.

Rastafari

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 6/25/2008 1:48:55 PM

I don't see how also, because sattva is from sanscrit, sanscrit is indoeuropean language, the same people that conquared the black civilastion in the Indu valley, white people, my ancestors as much as it hurts, but the same people had this language, witch Lithuanian and Latvian languages stem from and LIthuanian language is so close to sanscrit, let me give a sample of this, Vishpati(I don't remmember what this mean), but in Lithuanian Veh-shpats(veh like in jamaican
seh) is changed for YHWH or JAH, it means the same "He is", "Viesh"-to be present in Lithuanian, "pats-himself"; A living God. There are other similarities.
Hindus when hearing I language, think that we are saying speaking their sacred language. So there can be none similarities, Indo-europeans that call themselfs Aryans must have been white, they came from the north, their Xstablish Apart-hate kast system; what is strange is that the Vedas are written in sanscrit...where those people evil and had such grate knowledge, Hindus and archeologists say that they brought both Vedas and sanscrit when they came and overtook. This coem from reincarnation, this way it was used for evil, so it must be of Satan. Also Iran comes from Aryan, Persians where white they came from this thing. That is why sometimes I wonder about white people, since they say Eastern Europeans drank blood, well it may be slavic people, I don't know, slavs(those that I know) are really bloodthirsty when it comes to war no disraspect to Ark I, because I don't know a lotr about the Serbian people, only slavic people I have encountered are Russians, Polish, Ukrainians; I mean bloodthirsty when u are at war with these people, not all and certainly Lithuanians are no different when it comes to fighting others, the funny thing is that Lithuanians can cut each others throat home and abroad LOL, but when confronted with an alien threat, somehow we unite still everytime and

I mean really unite, I guess this is in our blood, from all these Crusades and all these downpressions both of the language and of the people. well that is why I don't know how this country looked when it was not Xtian and not downpressed by other isms and colonialism...all sources of histor have been destroyed by the Vatican. But still the fact remains that the great Mongolians were afraid of Lithuanians in the Middle Ages, perhaps that it was the biggest country in Europe then...also Lithuanians used to have very great respect for the nature, because our culture is agricultural.

So I guess white people are the confused youngest brother...well someone had to fulfill all those prophecies in the end race doesn't matter for the Judgement, at least not always(Hebrews)

Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/25/2008 9:28:36 PM

That was most interesting to read idren

Give thanks

Rastafari

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/27/2008 8:23:33 PM

" Hindus and archeologists say that they brought both Vedas and sanscrit when they came and overtook."

Prince Hotep, this point is certainly not agreed upon by all Hindus or archaeologists, it's debatable to say the least and will always be so due to deep political and religious reasons, that I am not even trying to overs, nor do I want to. Indo-European is a VERY broad term and applies to many very different languages and many different peoples, Indo-European implies at the very least a combination of language and definitely not one peoples' language replacing another's. What languages were spoken by indigenous Indians, prior to the evolution of Indo-European language? Could those have helped to inspire word sounds heard in Indo-European languages of ancient and today? I think yes, but that's just my opinion. Now we all know that Ethiopia and India have at the very least been united in trade and commerce if not by Kingdom throughout periods of time. So, I think it is reasonable to say that it is logically possible that peoples of both areas could have been in close enough contact for a long enough period of time to have somehow influenced each other in their respective forms of language. I was not trying to make any direct correlation between the word sounds "sattva" and "satta", at any time in my last post; just directing the conversation towards a notion that humanity's actions do have a rippling effect and as I see Ethiopia as the beginning of humanity I see her impact everywhere I go in this earth, having spent time in India and Ethiopia I've always observed similarities in their cultures. Ras KebreAB, it is my firm conviction that everything ultimately stems from the same One source and while we may not readily observe that when we scrutinize specific details it becomes obvious when we step back for a moment; and please don't take that to be directed in a condescending way I just wanted to articulate my own feeling, it's not like I don't feel the I doesn't see it.

SELAM

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/27/2008 8:30:54 PM

"it is my firm conviction that everything ultimately stems from the same One source"

who can argue with that

Blessed Love
Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I