Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2780&start_row=1

Allergies

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Alexander Sent: 5/6/2008 2:05:26 PM

Are there any natural cures for allergies? Or at least any natural ways to relieve the symptoms?

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 5/6/2008 4:04:24 PM

depends on the allergies, usually allergies are cause by food...something that the body is reacting at, if the I know the cause it's easier, the I can find all remedies on the net, from different sources, the important thing is to know the disease exactly, better go to the doctor for that if the I don't know human anatomy and medicine.

Ital is the only cure.

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 5/6/2008 5:07:36 PM

Well, I'm pretty sure it's pollen allergy. So I don't think I food is I problem. I've tried some antihistamines and probably gonna try some cortisone as well, I hope it will work. I was just wondering if there is a more Ital way of dealing with this type of allergy.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/7/2008 8:49:29 AM

cortisones contain steroids which are carcenogenic

antihistimines block your natural immune defense system so that you don't react to the allergen

go to homeopathy.com or hit me on Yahoo messenger

khamyl_the_lioness

Selah

Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 6/3/2008 8:03:22 AM

Haile I

perhaps pau d arco will help

make sure, if you are a vegetarian, that the capsules are not gelatin. i made that mistake once.
drinking a lot of water helps as well.
with all the mucus that develops with allergies, stay off the dairy if you partake of it, as this causes mucus to build up more and it is hard to get rid of it.
rubbing peppermint essential oil on your temples will help alleviate headaches accompanied by allergies.
jasmine tea or chammomile tea helps as well.
hot steamy showers as well.
also, try this...i have found it works...
fill a large pot up with water and bring to a boil.
throw in eucalyptus leaves, rose petals, spearmint and or peppermint leaves and a dash of patchouli essential oil and let all come back to boil for a few...then turn off fire or lower it to bare flame.
place a towel over your head and then surround the pot with your head and the towel and breath in and out slowly for as long as you can....repeat everytime steam overcomes you...try to do this for 15 minutes at a time throughout the day.
remember water consumption is essential to allergies and colds.

hope this helps

guidance

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 6/3/2008 9:01:14 PM

Other mucous forming foods are

meat
dairy
sugar
starch
grains

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 6/6/2008 8:37:19 AM

Thank you, Sis Irijah. I will try some of your tips, I hope it'll work.

The most annoying thing about my allergy is the headaches, so any more tips on how to deal with those would be great.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I