Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2779&start_row=1

53 grams

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 5/6/2008 1:51:18 PM

is me goin to court.

Messenger: Nick1234 Sent: 5/6/2008 2:33:39 PM

for ganga? THe beast will lock you away with the slightest excuse. You gotta be extremely careful these days, never lose focus. I recently got a speeding ticket but I havn't got into any big trouble since I got expelled from Catholic/Devil School for ganga. I probably will have to go to driving school during the summer though.

Messenger: Rasta J Sent: 5/7/2008 12:33:26 AM

Blessings I brethren in the name of the Most High Jah Rastafari.

May Jah inspire you to stand tall like a lion in the face of wicked Babylon downpression. Babylon is waging war against truth, livity and righteousness and you I brethren are a soldier in this battle.

So hold firm against Babylon and overstand that even though Babylon may win a battle against you in court, they cannot and will not win the war for your soul.

Oh Mighty Yahweh and Yahshua the Son, may you protect I brethren Ras Elijah in this battle against immoral Babylon persecution. With your guidance and protection may he emerge victorious in mind, body and spirit. What Jah create let no man put asunder.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 6/19/2008 7:17:58 PM

Thank you so much for your kind words. I plead not guilty, my trial is in September. This is were Babylon will try to damn me with their pursecution, but I know by God I am not damned, and he will always love I. God is with me I feel him, and no matter thee outcome, he will still be their to protect me.

Thank you again,
Ras ElIjah

Messenger: IDread Sent: 6/20/2008 6:53:22 PM

Jah blessings

My heart goes out to the I... I was recently arrested by babylon's downpressors for possessing the herb but I must admit that I was only carrying 3 grams on me so I got away with a slap on the wrist and fine. It would help I if I knew what country the I lives in and what the laws are concerning herb. 56 grams is going to get the I in trouble wherever though...

One love and may Jah be with the I during your trial.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 6/23/2008 12:23:35 AM

If it is in the states, no more than 1 ounce and it cannot be sacked for resale

this is considered personal usage, misdemeanor, not traficking

-RSK

Messenger: rashad Sent: 6/23/2008 2:52:55 AM

He Wouldnt get in trouble in N-California Booooyyyy!

Messenger: IDread Sent: 6/23/2008 11:35:36 AM

I wish that were true of Britain too Sistren... On this subject, last night I was out with a few friends and we were offered herb by a man on the street. My friend bought a small amount and only a minute or so later we were arrested by police in plain clothes. The man who sold my friend the herb was not arrested which leads I to suspect we were set up. The excuse the police gave was that we were caught on CCTV but these are not monitored 24/7 and the police that arrested us were not in uniform.
Babylon corruption run deep...

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 6/25/2008 6:44:43 PM

with it in a gucci purse with a clock & several hundred dollars it didnt make them to happy. but I thank all the I's for the love, my pretrial is on sept 24 and trial is 29 of that month, so say a prayer for I when you awake each morning, cause I honestly dont know what will happen, but im not going to wish for the best cause I dont want to be let down.

For a lil more detail, about the reason its goin to trial, on my choice of course otherwise a year probation(trap) and other things. The police didnt read me my rights till right before putting me in the car to go to jail. therefor legally everything said/found before rights being read could be withheld. Then I would be dismissed or not guilty, otherwise once again I can say good bye to a year probation, it becomes 2 years + more & fines.

thank you again
Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Anthony Humboldt Sent: 7/18/2008 6:41:31 PM

My criminal justice teacher explained to the class that if a person admits and pleads guilty they will usually get a reduced sentence. We had to read a book about a woman in New York who was offered a minimum sentence of five years. She fought her drug charges, which were not for herb, but after the trial she was sentenced to a minimum of fifteen years. She was clearly set up but lost her fight in court. It is tempting to fight it, but it will be a long battle. Babylon is always nice to those who go along with the system. Also be careful not to give up your right to an appeal because my cousin did when he was in court and didnt understand what he did. If you have a public defender they will most likely tell you to give up and not fight because public defenders have a lot less funding than the prosecution. One interesting thing to know is that there is not enough money for the government to take every case to trial and that is one of the reasons for plea bargains. If you fight it the court will have to spend a lot of money.
I really think if you cant afford private counsel you might want to take a plea bargain because court procedures can be very confusing and public defenders usually dont like to take extra time because their schedules are so busy.

I'll pray for you. I hope everything goes as well as possible.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I