Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=275&start_row=11

death penalty

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 4/5/2004 4:35:19 PM

JAH RASTA FAR I

Site that point blessed, Ras Gad, that the "victim" family was the one who would carry out the death penalty. HIM implemented the institution of execution. WHY.?..INI site that HIM has foreward plan for Ethiopia and the world

INI repeat....JAH give INI free will. WHo be the one to be the executioner, Site ? Is it u, me, she, he or they? Whatever, it is killing.

It is the choice of livity.

HIM is known to be Progressive in his social reforms.....HIM sited that to change the society is like a big ship, it takes time to change direction, slowly or the ship can flip. To go from retribution to nothing is a step by step movement, not a leap. That is rushing that Mussolini claimed to impose upon the Ethiopians. It was the first step of Selassie to bring forth progress, knowing the the people would site the ineffectiveness of executions. Knowing that they would eventually do away with executions.

Consider the magnetitude of Haile grace, patience and foresight of the I-dren. HIM overstood more than any other man on earth the power of spirit as well as the weakness of MAN.

It may be easier to kill in rage for loss, but how can one do that as a livlihood? What justifies killing? EMOTION? The loss is never replaced, no matter how often how many......

INI site that a person who is a soldier in a war is faced with a spiritual challenge when in the battle of killing the flesh. It must take a momentual realization at the point of one life over another. INI site it is not a light casual thing. No one wants to be a veteran (TAO). Site today battle is hailed as manhood so that one seeks out to battle to the point of inventing conflictation. that is because today man capitalizes on WAR. It is not natural to dominate. IT is natural to livitate and meditate.

INI site that I don't put I self in those things. If I am in the situation, it may be the emotion get the better of I or the love of my flesh get the better of me..It is something that that INI move with the time of reckoning.

That is why INI site... laws are not fool proof or deterents. not necessary for livity. Precepts upon the heart is the livity of INI, JAH RASTA FAR I.

LOVE IS THE ONLY LAW TO OBEY

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/5/2004 4:54:05 PM

Greetings,

Here are two quotes of Selassie I found on the webpage:
http://www.nettilinja.fi/~hsaarist/bh1.htm

"the death penalty is just and necessary. For disobedience for instance... We have abolished many things. We have abolished slavery, too. But not the death penalty. We cannot abolish that. It would be like renouncing punishment for those who dare to defy authority. Thatīs what we think and thatīs how it must be"

"And we never suffer when we inflict punishment, because we believe in that punishment. We trust Our judgement completely"....

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 4/5/2004 8:40:52 PM

I think Selassie is using the royal 'We' when HIM say that. I don't think politricksters should be given the power of whether or not the people they work for live or die...

But I guess InI a hypocrite 'cause I would see it fit to give the death penalty to the guy who killed that little Chinese girl in Toronto... sick shit, my I-dren... InI bun that wickedness...

Same deal with that Pakistani guy who killed his daughter. Man, that stuff is the worst... and to think that the guy was bragging about that shit to the other inmates? Shit, brother. INI BUN THAT WICKEDNESS! JAH FIRE BUN THAT WICKEDNESS!!!!!!

So InI say, since Selassie say its justifiable for HIM to enforce a death penalty let HIM do so. JAH will give those wicked men what they deserve... one word.... KARMA

RASTAFARI

Ras John

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/6/2004 1:19:03 AM

Greetings,

The problem is that the judges of this world are not living as judges. They are not directed by the Most High, but are directed by their own foolishness.

The reason Christ told the people: he that is without sin, cast the first stone, he was showing them that all of them deserve judgment for one thing or the other. He displayed how society has gone so far from Jah, that they have no right to bring any judgements from Jah. And as Christ showed in another part. He who forgives, will be forgiven by Jah, he who shows mercy, will be shown mercy from Jah. And also the parable of the man who owed a debt to another, but was unable to pay, and his Master forgave him, and allowed him more time. But then this same man went to someone who owed him money, and didn't give him the same allowance, but treated the person badly. When the Master saw this, he was wroth.

Jah showed mercy to all the people that committed their sin, so Christ was showing that they should also show mercy to others. Adultery is wickedness, but it is not the worse thing that people do. Christ didn't punish this woman, but look at what Christ did to the money changers in the temple. He drove them out with a whip, and turned over their money containers and tables. There was much more serious wickedness going on in the high places of Jerusalem that Christ came to battle. He would rather that the sinners, like the woman, turn to Jah and sin no more. He did not leave the woman alone, he gave her this judgement:

John 8
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jah forgives the sins of the past, and they will be remembered no more for all that turn unto Jah in righteousness. This is not a new thing, but was from the beginning and was also spoken of in the Old Testament.

In these times, I and I should judge our own actions and thoughts, and not tolerate wickedness from I and I self. If your hand offends against you, cut it off. Burn Fire on any wicked thought or action. Because it is better to burn Fire on yourself now, while you are living, then to die in wickedness, and burn eternally, where the worm dieth not, and the Fire is not quenched. Salt is Fire, and Fire is good, so have Fire within yourself, and cleanse yourself unto Jah.

And here the instructions Jah give to the judges.

Addressing Judges on Justice and The Law

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: christof Sent: 4/7/2004 8:03:00 AM

Seen !

There is nothing better than seeing all contradictions washed away by true knowledge ! Now the I know and overstand the true meaning of punishment and justice more and more - tanks a lot for the quotations from the speeches of HIS Majesty !
Jah Bless

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 4/8/2004 12:46:13 AM

Blessed Love JAH RASTA FAR I

This is a fiyah reasoning as the BODY is what MAN site as LIFE. WHo can put the end to LIFE ? Evilness dwells in the BODY, the mind....so when the BODY is ended, is the EVIL thoughts still in existence ?

It is understandable to site human emotion of loss and pain, becuz that is what the body expereinces....but what about the spirit ? Isn't the the higher self, JAH within INI.

SO why doesn't JAH just destroy us? I site that Jah is able and yet becuz Jah blessed INI with the power of INI, Jah mercy is ABUNDANT. Man will destroy man for man's manifestation of EVIL. NATURAL LAW has NATURAL CONVICTION and JUSTICE.

I site that I have no intention of killing any one for any reason. Of course I have not been in a situation to decide I guess, but yet Each of us can decide at any time. That is the MOVEMENT of InI, to KNOW...TO know not to live in that situation, not to become victims of war, victims of circumstances....and to find peace in whatever circumstances that I have moved into.

Nefertiti does not condemn nor condone whatever each of the i's do. InI consciously live in the awareness of movement that is timeless without fear of death. Nefertiti may be raged by the murder of someone, yet INI overcome that; not by acceptance nor tolerance of the evilness, but by acknowledging it and overstanding it. The passage of time--REALIZATION OF INJUSTICE

Someone mentioned Ghandi earlier....and in flesh he had many rationalizations for killing......But the man for what I know did not. AS for Selassie I, I don't site that either. I am open to clarification.. but it is the heart of a MAN. Each man has to know and do for self what the I sites as JAH. NOT FOR SELF.

Through all the horrrific acts of terror, genocide, murder, it is not so much the ones that fought in flesh that radiate a mystical quality, (though I site thier heroic actions). It is the UNARMED ones who survived, overcame, sacraficed and victored over the violence that threatened them and even touched them and as vessels of the most high manifested the REAL POWER of JAH. Some live on in body and some live on in spirit......

The scriptures are not totally clear on this and so one must site JAH LIVITY to overstand for the I.

Blessed Love JAH RASTA FAR I
Haile I Selassie I

Messenger: peter mloyi Sent: 4/17/2004 2:43:29 PM

The saddest days in my life for me is also when they execute ( to me is killing) Carla Dana Faye (correct my spellings), a white a woman who killed a man ten years before. I read that she did already changed her behavior and was troubled ( haunted) with her actions and did already give her sorries for what she did.not only this, she was playing a good part in correcting youth to shun from crime in her prison cells, yet she was executed!

Is this a solution to crime?
In Tanzania i had several times witnessed mob justice to petty thieves like pickpockets, facing cruelity of man kind, beaten with any object possible and even burned alive, while the "leaders" are using public funds corruptly, to me is like stealing, and no one is touching them, this happens not only in Tanzania but all of afrika and world only poor people are victims.
I had never heard of tribunal for those who killed and tortured millions of afrikans for profit in their slave trade, which we are still haunted with neither see a name of slaves dealers being insulted for their actions it is like that did never happenned to the world if not afrikans!.
Let us strive for real justice to be on the world not one sided justice.
Jah will wipe the tears of victims of injustice.
Rastafari.
Mloyi.

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 4/17/2004 5:20:15 PM

Yes Idren!

And check how the big American CEOs and things that get caught for embezzling (sp?) millions and millions of dollars as well as do tons of insider stock trading get away scott free or with just minimal fines and things when if a poor person steals a car stereo or breaks into a house to steal jewelry gets everything the judge can throw at them! Both people are doing evil, but the one who is doing much worse is getting much less because he HAS a lot MORE already!
These senior executives make so many people lose their jobs and everything yet nothing happens to them. Its such an awful double standard.

Ras John

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 4/18/2004 7:51:38 PM

blessed love ras john

there is a lot of injustice, becuz it has become TOLERATED and RATIONALIZED by the evolution of the english language whch does awasy with the words like WRONG and RIGHT. Ever notice when u point out something that is wrong or right, someone is ready to equalize it out with some "Acceptable" "Standard" or "Norm". INI youth being educated to some mediocre "medium standard" based on statistical data. It is not Good to be too smart nor to be too dumb. ORDINARY

Rasta INI called to live UP.....Living perfection....not bothering with the laws of man, because Rasta don't be running in those vibes.

That Corporate thievery-- I could go on and on, B4 siting Rasta Far I, Ini lost in the corporate world vibes and it be evil. ALmost drove INI mad. I lost retirement funds thru that Tyco WOrldcom Enron foolery......but INI don't mind...becuz all it be is money it was not right for I Rasta to belong to that foolery of futures of profits on downpressing laborers.

It rages I to site what is happening in the World Economy. It is BABYLON falling down. No problem, but I heart cries out to the the enslaved in mind and body, their spirit broken down.

What does it profit a man to gain the world and lose his soul....and he isn't even aware.

Bredrens and sistren...INI on guard at all times.

JAH RASTA FAR I

Marching on to ZION....INI free JAH JAH.......

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/19/2004 4:31:31 PM

Nefertiti, the I said,
--------------------------
there is a lot of injustice, becuz it has become TOLERATED and RATIONALIZED...
--------------------------

This is so true. Wickedness is the accepted norm in babylon. Even some of the downpressed don't think that the downpressors are wrong, they think that that is just the way it is supposed to be. And they would love to take the seat of the downpressor if they were able to.

Jah showed I and I a long time ago:
----------------------
Leviticus 20
22 Ye shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: that the land, whither I bring you to dwell therein, spue you not out.
23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.
24 But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people.
----------------------

RasTafarI are a peculiar people, I and I standards are different than babylon's. If we were to live by babylon standards, then we would be babylon. But I and I instead live by RasTafarI standards, so I and I are RasTafarI.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I