Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2742&start_row=1

Modern health care

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Alexander Sent: 4/21/2008 6:58:01 PM

How do people on the forum feel about all the modern medications and drugs there are today?

Sometimes I feel that such medications can be beneficial and help me, while at the same time I realise that some of these drugs may damage me more than they help me. Or that they only treat the symptom, not the actual disease. Or even that they go against my body's natural healing processes, which causes me to be sick for longer than if I had not used the new medications at all.

What I am really concerned about when it comes to these drugs is that I doubt that the people who come up with these drugs REALLY know what they are doing, that they really comprehend the complexity of the human body. Because if they don't know exactly what they are doing when creating these drugs, there is a risk that the drugs might seriously damage a human body since they might not be sure about the effects of the drug on the human body.

I feel safe using herbs as medication, since all herbs are created by Jah. Still, there are medical conditions that cannot be cured by herbs.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/21/2008 10:06:17 PM

Go to the Itations drop-down box in the middle of the top banner and click "Other Itations". Go to the section labelled "Health" and see some reasonings related to this.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: sirIus Sent: 4/21/2008 11:35:01 PM

healing must be 3 part- mental, physical and spiritual
herbal remedy can and should be part of a healing and recovery regiment

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 4/22/2008 4:37:25 AM

Ises

Modern medicin and health care was one of His Majesty's priority topic next to education and all things which raise the standard of living. You find many speeches about this, and all those modern clinics and hospitals that HIM built and staffed with foreign experts stand as proof that His Majesty really did what he said.

Selah

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 4/22/2008 11:44:12 AM

I read your reasonings, Ark I.

Is it correct to assume that you feel that synthetic medication shuld only be used if the is no other effective option?

Messenger: Bezo Gad Sent: 4/22/2008 9:59:44 PM

Greeeetings!
Well bredren I am a Dailysis Tech and the medicines and drugs do benefit people.From I experience only people with real illnesses need these medications.Now some sickness such as colds or illness that u can control don't need all these meds.If u take care of Iself the body will do the rest.Just make sure to keep anything and everything in moderation and Jah will bless It.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I