Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2740&start_row=1

The Ethiopian Book of Jubilees

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 4/21/2008 6:31:54 AM

Ises and Love
in that divine name of I God and King
Quedamawi Haile Selassie

I just wanted to ask if any of the I them knew and read the ethiopian translation of the book of Jubilees. Since the Qumran findings the translations are from hebrew and aramaic, and the geez ones are hard to get.

Usually that's no problem since the geez translations are very much the same (although they are very likely through greek), as far as I know. The reason why I ask now, is because I read on wikipedia that the ethiopian Jubilees clearly state that the Children of God are the descendants of Set and the Children of Man are the descendants of Cain (see Gen 6, I think), thus the story of the angels is only a metaphor.
But the version which I read is translated from the Qumran findings and does not mention anything about that.

Selah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/21/2008 9:57:24 PM

I don't know about that, I haven't read the Ethiopian book of Jubilees.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 4/22/2008 4:25:14 AM

Ises

The Book of Jubilees is as Mets'hafe Kufale (Book of Division [of the time] e.g. Jubilees) in the AT canon of the older ethiopian bible versions. It is also non as the Lesser Genesis.

Selah

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/25/2008 10:33:49 AM

I HAVE THE FIRST 9 CHAPTERS
ITS QUITE AMAZIN THAT GOD AND THE ANGEL GAVE MOSES THE WHOLE STORY OF WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN TO ISRAEL IN THE WILDERNESS .
BEFORE IT HAPPENED ,AND IT GIVES THE DATES OF CREATION FROM ADAM...
JUBILLEES IS ...I CANT FIND THE WORD ..LOL I NEED THE REST OF IT.
I WAS READING IT ALL EVENIN

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 4/28/2008 12:19:57 PM

Ises my Lord

Usually when you search such biblical books on Wikipedia at the bottom of the page you find a complete online pdf version.

Selah

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I