Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2683&start_row=1

Bad Brains lead me to Rastafari

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Gizzmo Sent: 3/27/2008 4:48:33 PM

I would like to thank the Bad Brains because if they never existed I might have never heard of H.I.M. or Rastafari movement.

On this note,I would like to ask,how did you first hear about H.I.M and the Rastafari way of life?

Messenger: JahRosa Sent: 6/27/2008 12:19:25 AM

I love Bad Brains, about my favorite band. However, my parents were Rasta and I was raised in a Rasta household, nothing strict, but I can say I remember being taught about Rasta and eating Ital for most of my life.
Recently, I decided to go on my own Rasta journey, to find truth within myself, and how i interact with others. InI knows its been tough, but I am getting through.

Peace and Blessings.

My name is Jahmila btw!

Messenger: IDread Sent: 6/27/2008 10:46:57 AM

Although I mother is a Catholic I suppose I have her to thank for starting I on the road to discovering Rastafari... When I was ten she bought I a Bob Marley CD and I soon came to love reggae music. Later when I became more aware of the state of the world and all the injustice and evil in our lives then I decided I wanted to be no part of it. I took the positive values taught to I through reggae music and began to search myself for answers which led I to Rastafari and to trod the path.

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I