Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2669&start_row=1

Judging

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Alexander Sent: 3/21/2008 9:19:16 AM

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces."

I'm having trouble understanding the true meaning of these words. First, Christ tells us not to try to see the flaws in a person, but then in the same passage, he tells us to recognize certain people as pigs. And a lot of other times in the Bible, Christ seemingly judges certain people, like the pharasees.

So my question is really, what counts as judging a person and when is it OK to judge someone?

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 3/21/2008 11:15:08 AM

CHRIST IS THE JUDGE
HE DONT HAVE DIRTY LAUNDRY TO BE JUDGED FOR HE CAN CALL A ONE A PIG OR HEATHEN , HE IS BLAMELESS
YOUR BOY MUTA BARUKA
'WENT SO FAR TO SAY THAT JESUS DOESNT HAVE SIN IN HIS DNA...
ALSO
INI SEE PEOPLE AND
PEOPLE LET US KNOW WHO THEY ARE
IF SOME ONE IS A THEIF OR A MURDERER..ITS WHAT THEY R
IF A MAN IS FAGGOT IS A FAGGOT
.... NO MATTER WAT NAME U GIVE IT...
WHAT CHRIST REALLY DOIN WHEN HE SAYS JUDGE NOT ....
IS SAYIN CHECK YOURSELF WORRY BOUT YOUR OWN PATH

SIMPLE THE VERSE IS MERELY A REMINDER TO CHECK WAT U R DOIN
ITS MAIN FOCUS IS U
NOT THE OTHER PERSON

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 3/21/2008 11:32:24 AM

So as long as your life isn't about focusing on other people's mistakes, then it's OK to know in your heart that someone is a murderer or theif or whatever?

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 3/21/2008 6:23:09 PM

YEA
ITS OK TO KNOW IN YOUR HEART SOME ONES A MURDERER..AND AVOID THEM
WOULD U RATHER WALK AROUND NIEVE AND VOLNUREABLE TO A MURDERER?
"OH I DONT JUDGE U HERE HAVE SOME TEA...I KNOW U JUST LIK 2 MAN DEAD IN THE STREET... U SEE THE SCORE ON THE GAME YESTERDAY? "?
IF U KNOW SOME ONE IS A KILLER..
ITS NOT JUDGIN SOME ONE JUST FROM KNOWIN WHO THEY ARE BY WHAT THEY DO
SOME ONE WHO PLAYS FOOT BALL IS A FOOT BALL PLAYER
A HUSTLER IS A HUSTLER AND A KILLER IS A KILLER!!!!!
JUDGIN SOME BODY IS THIS ....
HES BLACK WITH A BENZ HES DEALIN DRUGS
SHE WORE THAT SHORT DRESS SHES A HOE
HE LOST HIS JOB WIFE AND HOUSE HE MUST BE SMOKIN CRACK
THAT IS JUDGEMENTAL..
IF U SEEN HIM SELLIN DRUGS HES A DRUG DEALER
IF U SEEN HER TAKIN A SLAM IN THE ALLEY SHES A HOE
IF U SEEN THE MAN SMOKIN CRACK
GUESS HE SMOKES CRACK
YOUR NOT REALLY JUDGIN
'U JUST HAPPEN TO KNOW WHAT THEY DO
AND WHATS THAT TELL U
DONT DO WHAT THEY DO IF YOUR OFFENDED BY WHAT THEY DO..
JESUS ON THE OTHER HAND
CAN JUDGE ANY ONE AND TELL DEM BOUT THE BEAM IN THEIR EYE CAUSE HE NEVER DID WRONG... HE CAN TELL U BOUT YOUR SELF AND U CANT SAY NOTHIN
U DONT HAVE ANY THING U CAN JUDGE HIM BY .... HE IS PERFECT INNOCENT
THATS ONE REASON WHY HE IS GOD IN FLESH

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 3/21/2008 9:48:20 PM

Ah, I understand this a lot better now. Thank you for your answers.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 3/21/2008 9:54:32 PM

blessings children of JAH why r we talking of Christ as ultimate judge when THE ALMIGHTY with power over all things is Sellasie I? Muta can claim what he likes abt JESUS but I n I pray to RAS TAFARI, HE knows the ways of humans & their nature. HE knws gd frm wrong & judges likewise. For us as people our judgements are moral & determined by our culture, society & religion. So its subjective, it might be lookd dwn on 2 wear sackcloth & locks in modern society but in RASTA its an ancient sacred livity. Again we mite say its wrong 2 kill but we must ask why? Was it self defence act of revenge or madness or out of evil. U can't condemn or condone without fully knowing a story & without reflecting on yourself. However leave all judgements 2 GOD HE knows when we are good or bad & HE directs our paths. bless

Messenger: Ten Sent: 3/22/2008 2:39:13 AM

blessed love I think I misunderstood the sense in which the I them spoke of Christ. Its in the sense that those are his teachings & looking at Christ's actions. It was not to say the I them forget the KING, my bad. Its tricky sometimes to distinguish how ones see Christ & King TAFARI. However I still object to Muta's statement & feel I KING is the highest example of anything. But that's also bec I find other things he says questionable. bless

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 3/22/2008 4:32:46 AM

BLESSED LOVE ,
GIVE THANKS FOR THE MORNIN. UPRISIN .GIVE THANKS FOR LIFE U KNOW?..!!!
WHAT A JOY WHEN THE NEWBORN BABY SAY GET UP LOL
ARISE U KNOW?
PRINCESS TEN I LOVE YOUR DILLIGENCE
BUT YOUR STILL MIS UNDERSTOOD ABOUT MUTA.... I LOVE HIM BUT I CANT SUPPORT HIM
I DEFEND THE CHRIST IN HIS HOLYNESS
WHEN MUTA SAID JESUS COULDNT SIN HIS DNA... WAS WITH OUT SIN!!!
HE WAS ACTUALLY SAYIN..IN HIS OWN MIND, JESUS COULDNT BE THE PROPER LEADER FOR MAN...
BECAUSE MAN SIN..AND.. HOW CAN A MAN WHO HAVE SIN LIVE UP TO A MAN WHO COULDNT SIN
HE WAS NOT IN ANY WAY GLORIFYING CHRIST
I WAS!!!!!!!!!!
HOLY IMMANUELI
SELASSIE I JAH
RAAASTAFARI
HOW COULD I PRAISE SELASSIE I AND I NEVER KNOW THE CHRIST...WHOM SELASSIE I IS
LONG LONG LIVE EVER LIVING GOD EMMANUEL THE 7TH ADONIE I GOD JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: BLACK STAR Sent: 3/24/2008 6:42:22 PM

who can judge THE ALMIGHTY LIFE GIVER?
Sounds a little strange to ask such a thing now t.. i look back on that one..

Messenger: Ten Sent: 3/25/2008 3:31:06 PM

Blessed
BLACK STAR was that directed at I? If so please re-read what I wrote and you'll overs no judgment was made of Christ or His Majesty, The Almighty. If not, irie but please specify what you refer to.
And Rook I overs what you are saying, give thanks for the reasoning. I feelings on Muta are personal, bec I think he is a bit outrageous sometimes but I overs. What though does His Majesty say of judging and judgement as Someone who was Ruler of a Nation with power and authority to judge others?

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I