Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2659&start_row=1

DMX on Barack

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 3/17/2008 6:59:28 AM

Blessed Love

I found something interesting the I them might want to read. Let it be a warning to the 'bling' youth:

So DMX chit chatted with the folks over at XXL online. And dude is clearly still on that ish. Here’s a snippet about how X feels about the ‘08 Presidential election:

Are you following the presidential race?
Not at all.

You’re not? You know there’s a Black guy running, Barack Obama and then there’s Hillary Clinton.
His name is Barack?!

Barack Obama, yeah.
Barack?!

Barack.
What the fuck is a Barack?! Barack Obama. Where he from, Africa?

Yeah, his dad is from Kenya.
Barack Obama?

Yeah.
What the fuck?! That ain’t no fuckin’ name, yo. That ain’t that nigga’s name. You can’t be serious. Barack Obama. Get the fuck outta here.

You’re telling me you haven’t heard about him before.
I ain’t really paying much attention.

I mean, it’s pretty big if a Black…
Wow, Barack! The nigga’s name is Barack. Barack? Nigga named Barack Obama. What the fuck, man?! Is he serious? That ain’t his fuckin’ name. Ima tell this nigga when I see him, “Stop that bullshit. Stop that bullshit” [laughs] “That ain’t your fuckin’ name.” Your momma ain’t name you no damn Barack.

Source http://theybf.com/2008/03/16/mariah-migrates-on-snldmx-what-the-fck-is-a-barack/&sid=11758092790
also see xxl online for full interview

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 3/17/2008 7:15:18 AM

blessed love empress
"I ain’t really paying much attention" pretty much sums it up. Ignorant white supremacist. hotta fyah pon dat.

Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I over all

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/17/2008 2:30:56 PM

isnt that man deh on some hard stuff, like crack?

Messenger: Nick1234 Sent: 3/17/2008 2:43:56 PM

Yo I like DMX the wack shit is 50 Cent, Lil Jon, and Soulja Boi. Also Tupac, Bone thugs n Harmony, Wu tang Clan, and old Snoop Dogg is da shiznit.

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 3/17/2008 2:59:44 PM

DATS DAT GHOST MY LAWD
SPACE GHOST CRACK
HE GOT HIS SPACE BOOTS ON FE REAL MY LAWD

Messenger: Ten Sent: 3/17/2008 4:47:32 PM

Yes the man is a crackhead, the fame got to his head and he couldn't handle reality. I'm so stunned by how a Black man in Amerikkka in his position can be so ignorant. To think of how many youths look up to him like he's such a superstar, but he's just so ignorant - empty vessels make the loudest noise, they say. And even sadder is that he's probably not the only one, his comments probably reflect the views of many other uninformed people out there.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/17/2008 9:16:25 PM

funny but 50 cent had more sense lol
he was like, we are not ready for a black president, he might get shot

for that Bill"fire burn him" O´reilly called him a pin head

to which 50 replied that Oreilly was just the type of people who would cause a black president to get shot

rappers dem funny still

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 11/15/2008 9:09:23 PM

50 is right about oreilly

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/17/2008 12:48:30 PM

50's comment on the plausability of barack obama getting shot is about the only real thing he has said in his life and it stems from the experiences of black males being exterminated around the globe (Steven Biko) but more significantly MLK, X, modern day lynchings, etc.

-RSK

DMX is hella ignorant, but his drug use has nothing to do with him not knowing who he is

too often our youth disassociate themselves with the establishment and forget to keep their enemies close

-RSK

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I