Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2559&start_row=1

NYABINGHI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: vinnyray Sent: 1/6/2008 2:33:09 AM

i wants to know if any nyabinghi is held in the united states? and i really am trying to start this way of life i just need help from elders i know this is life long i just needs somebody to educate i

Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 1/6/2008 7:26:26 AM

greeitngs

no beeswax in hair...blah

how old is the I?

a one cannot be taught rastafar I.

rastafar I simply is.

it would be a mistake to just pick out a mansion to follow seen.
the I is not even trying to ask cohesive questions, nor serious inqueries about this livity.

seek and the I will find.

hair and mansion identity are secondary to the true root of InI livity.

hair should be the I's last concern in this trod seen......
hair should be the last concern.

nyabinghi....fire trod....the I must be rooted and grounded well before going there seen...is a serious thing....Rastafar I...a well serious thing.

the I cannot simply wake up one day and say, OH!!! i am a rasta...seen? impossible thing that.

perhaps the I should research and study a bit more seriously, and then bring pertinent, valid reasonings to the table....

again, hair and mansions should be the last thing on the I's mind.
if the I has to ask about these things first, then the I is not, in this sis humble opinion, ready for the seriousness of this trod.

it seems the I is caucasion since the I asked about beeswax locks...the most important question, if the I is caucasion, that the I can ask self in this time....is (before beeswax nonsense):

CAN I, AS A WHITE MAN, BRING ANYTHING TO THE TABLE OF REASONING? CAN I, AS A WHITE MAN, HAIL A BLACK MAN AS MY GOD AND KING?...and...WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP FORWARD REPARATIONS AND AID IN THE REPATRIATION OF BLACK PEOPLE? AS A WHITE MAN, CAN I LET GO OF MY PRIVELEGE AND ASK THE MOST HIGH HIM EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I TO FORGIVE THE SINS OF MY ANCESTORS AGAINST THE BLACK RACE? AS A WHITE MAN, what do YOU have to offer RASTAFAR I?

this sis can ask the I these things, as InI too, am a caucasion. having been in this trod for 30 years.....do not come in this trod with wrong thought and action....do not come with susu and attitude.

do not come with juevenile questions.

seek for self first...then come and InI will reason.

not being harsh atall.
just truthful.

bless
SELASSIE I
each and everytime

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 1/6/2008 1:35:55 PM

THIS CANT BE SERIOUS
QUESTIONS
THATS PROBABLY ONE OF THOSE GUYS WHO CHANGE THE NAME OVER AND OVER
LAUGHIN OFF OF INI LIVITY .......GIVE A COUPLE WEEKS OF ANSWERING
SUCH THINGS
HE'LL REVEAL HIMSELF CUSSIN AND LAUGHIN AT U

Messenger: dzldub Sent: 1/6/2008 11:38:00 PM

rasta has no color. I am of white skin but not of choice, only in complextion. All man originated from africa, because people moved north and took shelter from the sun loosing dark pigments in the skin. the color of I skin doesnt make I, Jah comes from within and radiates outwards. jah has found I, even if I is hidden beneath this ugly uncolored skin.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 1/7/2008 8:25:53 AM

The I introduced himself as a 17 year old African American.

He needs guidance and basic ovastanding, not criticism.

RSK is back in communication.

One Luv

To the I: Rasta is not something you seek out and become. If you Rasta, you Rasta from ever since, before you came out of the womb and since creation. Knowledge of self, is the key to ovastanding. First of all, the I must recognize that InI don't have labels such as African American. There is no such thing as an African American. InI an Afrikan who happens to live in Amerikkka. Too many human beings are born, live, and die, and never realize they are Afrikan. That goes for all humankind as life for us started in Afrika, that is who we are. Change in location, does not change who you are.

Start here, and seek peace within....................

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/9/2008 1:39:58 AM

Rook,

You may be right about vinnyray, I also have I suspicions, but if he is actually a 17 year old, then that would explain the manner of his questions.

Time will show who he is.

Vinnyray,

The reason that your questions bring suspicion is because occasionally, some people come to the forum and pretend to be somebody they are not, sometimes pretending to be somebody who is young and trying to learn about RasTafarI way, but after a little time, these people come and try to attack and cause problems.

If you are who you say you are, then continue to reason and after a little time, others will see that your intentions are right. Also do some searches on the forum, there is a search box at the top of the page that shows the different topics. You will find a lot of answers that way and will be more prepared to ask other questions.

Do a search on the internet for a Nyahbinghi in your city, their might be one near by if your city is big enough.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/9/2008 6:36:26 AM

"even if I is hidden beneath this ugly uncolored skin."

Im sorry but i had to say this, i really dont like such things....really

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 1/9/2008 10:23:52 AM

Yeah... "ugly uncoloured skin"? wow. Self hatred, regardless of who, is not a good way to go forward.

I also think hair is not secondary to the trod. That is misleading. Not possible to overs Oneself as a superNatural being without the Roots. Must grow the covenant... for guidance especially as an African (not to do with depreciating Europeans, but simply due to the historical castration of InI from embracing natural selves... HAIR has been a big tool for this amongst the Diaspora, nuh true?).

I agree, do not look for the mansion, mansion will find the I depending on the individual dispensation.

Best wishes!

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/9/2008 5:01:20 PM

Yes i Empress, thats exactly what i meant
self hate

Hate....that word has no place in Rastafari trod, whether of self or others

and yes "I also think hair is not secondary to the trod. That is misleading", goes without saying
No such thing as primary, secondary etc within this trod

Rastafari

Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 1/9/2008 8:39:29 PM

Haile I
Selassie I

this sis thinks that the I's misoverstood InI meaning when InI said that locks are secondary to vinny ray's questions about the livity of Rastafar I.

what this sis meant was NOT that locks are NOT important but that....

in the beginning of a ones trod, when one is learning, locks are not of main concern because...a one first must seek truth and knowledge and once truth and knowledge are attained, one can then make a conscious decision as to what locks mean to the I as an individual, because all ras do not lock. carrying locks is not a play play thing....it is a serious vibe.

to this sis, locks are something one grows into as ones level of irit and wiseness increases, because locks are InI antennae that receive and transmit irit back and forth and to and from the Most High GOD HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.....Seen?

vinny, the I does not even have to raspond....but what is the I's reason for locking right now, in this time....meditate hard on the vibe.

if it is the I's choice to lock in this time, that is the I's choice, but, do it naturally. just throw the comb away as that is how it is truly done.

bless
Sis Irijah

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I