Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2558&start_row=1

HAIR

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: vinnyray Sent: 1/5/2008 11:20:47 PM

WHEN IT COMES TO RASTAFARI WE DONT PUT ANYTHING IN OUR HAIR RIGHT? NOT EVEN BEESWAX OR HONEY?

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 1/6/2008 1:30:28 AM

Well first of all. InI hope the I is not joking here, cause it seems that way...
It is the I them personal oppinion on what to do with themselfs. But let I tell the I this, if the I is Rasta, the I wouldn't ask these kind of questions, the I would know. Honey is not even Ital. Figure out Iself, look into Iself for these answers.

Messenger: JudahC Sent: 1/6/2008 12:04:25 PM

yes man when your locking up alwayz put hair stuff it your dreadlocks
to keep your hair alive i cant tell you what thingz to put it becouse its diffent types of hair but go to your black hair shop and you will find put alway keep your locks oiled and not dry it will mess up the way the way the grow BUT wosh it the best you can get up the hair stuff out at the end of the week keep your locks clean the better you look after your locks the better jah jah shall jahguide -onelone-

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 1/6/2008 1:31:38 PM

OH MY LAAAAWD
DEAR GUD

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 1/9/2008 10:26:56 AM

I thought it was a good question.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/9/2008 5:04:14 PM

if he a beginner, he have to start somewhere lol

Messenger: bigginer Sent: 2/25/2008 12:26:05 PM

bless ime 16 and have bin locksin up 4 a year and studying 4 tha same time and ive found natural oils that locks up ur hair and u will find them at stabbanas and crystals and most other black shops

bless give thanx and praise to H.I.M.

JAH kurious

Messenger: dirtyd Sent: 3/31/2008 9:07:01 PM

I don't know what kind of hair you have,but all hair will lock naturally if you do it right.you would want your hair to be pretty long before you started locking it,that way when it shrinks up and starts locking they at least have a little length to them.I would just use shampoo and wash good and then don't ''groom'' it,just put it up in a hat most of the time.In your spare time twirl it between your fingers and speed up the proccess.Once it starts to lock-6 months to a year later for sub-stantial ones,start to seperate them by litterally ripping them apart to give you numerous ones instead of one huge lock on your head.you don't want them that big because they are alot harder to keep clean and if you have just one huge lock and it starts to itch,its really hard to scratch,I would know,I have about 20 single locks on my head and two of them are as big as the handle of a pool-stick.In a few more years of that,you should have ''decent ones''.I personnally don't believe in training them to be all the same size,it doesn't look natural that way to me because its just not.I've had locks for 12 years now and honestly they are sometimes a real pain.they hurt my head when they are wet because they weigh so much.Or when i sleep they get in the way because they get all wrapped up.I think its an honest question and they should'nt bust your balls about this question.

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I