Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2390&start_row=1

Rastafarian Religion

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: leneegern Sent: 11/15/2007 7:21:03 AM

Hello there. I think the rastafarian religion sounds very interesting, so i really want to learn more about it. I hope someone will answer my weird questions, cause I just cant figure em' out myself. :) I really hope somebody will help me, even though it might be confusing, and my english isnn't very good.

Allright, here I go...

Is it possible to be christian and a rastafarian, at the same time?

Do the rastafarians belive that we are born as sinners?

Does rastafarians see Jesus Christ as a person, who can save people too? I mean, I have always belived in Jesus, so can both Jesus and jah Rastafari save me, and bring me to paradise?

Who is Iyaman? (Bob marley sings: "we are the children of Iyaman". - or something like that.)

Did Marcus garvey see himself as a profhet, a god, or just a normal person? Is it true, that he was a christian?

What is a/an raggamuffin?! ( Okay, I know it has nothing to do with the religion, but what is it?)

I have read a litlle bit in the "Holy piby", and it sounds much like the bible. Why?

Can you be a rastafarian even tough you'r white? Why/why not?

What do rastafarians think about christians?

Ive heard something about, that rastafarians think that the white people deletet some of their bible, and wrote somethink from their own minds. Is that true? And if it is, witch part do they belive, the wite people made?

Who will go to paradise and who won't? If I will be saved because I belive (Like christians think), then how much do I have to belive to be saved? Fx. Do i have to have dreadlocks to be saved, to be a "real" rastafarian?

Why is Haile Selaise god? Why did he came to earth? How did he die/went to heaven again? Did Haile ever said that he was god, or is it something that people just think he is?

Do rastafarians get "christened". I mean, some rastafarians think that John the babtist, is the same person as marcus Garvey, don't they?

What is the differense between tha Rastafarian Religion, and the Christian religion?

What about the people who were born before the rastafarian religion was made? Will they go to hell?

Why would Jah Rastafari save a rastafarian? I mean, the "Holy Piby" Doesent say something about forgivness, does it? So why would he save a sinner? Why does he love a sinner?

Where do i go to learn more about this? I dont know any rastafarians. There are not manny of them, where i come from..

Is there anything i've got totally wrong about this, or is there something you think i'll need to know, then please help me! :) Im' kinda' confused.. I can't sleep at night because of this. Hehe.

Thank you.
N' Byebye.. ;P

Messenger: Ten Sent: 11/15/2007 6:36:29 PM

Blessed Love
You have asked so many questions with no easy rasponses, the best advice I'd give is look through the Itations link at the top of the page and read through some of the reasonings like Who is RasTafari. Also do word searches on the site for info on Garvey, Marley, Yesus Christ etc and read the Autobiography of HIS Majesty Ark I posted recently. The best way to know RasTafari is to speak to Rasta brothers and sisters and read the Word of JAH. All things shall fall into place, for once your heart truly sees JAH light the eyes never lose sight.
JAH Bless and Guide your trod.

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 11/16/2007 6:32:39 AM

Blessed love
Well first of all Ras Tafar I is not a religion. It's a principle ,a way of life.
I can't answer any of the spiritual questions the I asked.
I can answer them, but it would not be right. As a man of Right I can't do it. Does the I see where I am going. Rasta is about love, One love ,Original love, the ancient way. Trod of Rastafari i a trod against Babylon shitstem, a trod to something that is real. And love is more real than hate, because it is pure. So if the I love, the I can't hate and JAH dwells in all flesh, Afrikan European Asian... It's just man made names for peases of land, and the people livving in it. I am a Bobo rasta ,since I am still a youth I don't know many things, Bobo preach Black Supremacy ,but it's just the way of life ,the order ofd things in our universe. From the dark came the light, from the black came the white.
Praises to Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: Queen Ile Sent: 11/16/2007 8:54:44 PM

Blessed
Heart of Sabbath

So many questions, possible for years of learning to come.

I never saw true Christ salvation till I sight HIM Selassie I. Selah

Messenger: Bro.Asher Sent: 11/20/2007 3:52:03 PM

Greetings Sistren!

First of all id like to say, just like Prince Hotep said, RastfarI is not a religion, it is not a faith of rites or rituals, where we argue or question one and anothers faith beacuse of how one chooses to celebrate holidays or how to have a "propper" church service.

But a faith of and in the one true God.

I am a "Twelve Tribe Rasta", and eaven so i can only speak for my faith alone, and not for my Bobo,Nyahbinghi nor my other TTOI ("Twelve Tribes of Israel" which is the full name of the house/organization) brothers.

I'n'I bealive that the faith im practicing is Christianity in its purest form, and that Haile Selassie I is the King of Isreal, Gods choosen people, and that Profet Gad (Dr. Vernon Carrington) is the prophet Elijah, ressurected and sent to re-establish the twelve tribes of Isreal.

I have come to this conclusions by reading the bible from genesis to revelation one chapter aday, and for reasoning with my bredren.

And if you want to know more of Haile Selassies connection to the bible i recommend you to read the book "Kebra Negast" (which means Glory of the kings), It is a Important Ethiopian History book, which explains Selassies lingae and tracks it back to King Salomon and the Queen of Sheeba.

About the dreadlocks, well, as I said before, I can only talk for myself and my own faith, But as the Profet Gad said: It is not a hair doctrine.
I bealive that Salvation comes from the blood of Yahshua the Christ, nothing else.

God is love, so let us all love!
Yesus Christ!
Ras TafarI!

Messenger: ciriefader Sent: 11/21/2007 12:31:43 PM

Greetings

I have made many discoveries throughout life so far
and Rastafari for me is the beleif system that makes most sense
along with Jesus ofcourse

I have condensed all that i know into a simple diagram
http://www.tbsac.freeserve.co.uk/medicinemodelconcept.gif

Rasta, Hailie selassie I and Jesus and mohamed, and king david etc etc and other people
appear 'on the horizontal straight line' in the diagram
from time to time throughout history who try to restore gods kingdom on earth

towards the end of the line you will see that the world as we know it does end and that gods kingdom is restored

The 'you and i' concept explained in the diagram
is the problem and both Jesus and H Selassie I
both provided a solution to the 'you and i' problem

Jesus provided advice on how to live correctly in the face of such adversity.
H Selassie I like King David, provided a solution by being
'God elect on earth' so that all powers in the world could be at peace under one ruler

everything else can be worked out within the diagram

hope this helps

Messenger: ciriefader Sent: 11/21/2007 12:57:11 PM

ps
the design has already existed since the beginning using lines and circles(most basic early writing) and was re-created loosely by an anonymous artist after visiting Jamaica
I have simply fitted all i know/learnt/discovered into it
or should i say that 'everything' fits into it
and i owe it all to Ras Tafari people and the Reggae artists

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 11/21/2007 8:28:49 PM

RASTA!DEALING WITH SPIRITUALITY not a set of rules.

Messenger: Bro.Asher Sent: 11/22/2007 2:15:22 AM

Greetins in the name of the Most high God!

"Rasta, Hailie selassie I and Jesus and mohamed, and king david etc etc and other people
appear 'on the horizontal straight line' in the diagram
from time to time throughout history who try to restore gods kingdom on earth"

correct me if im wrong brother, but Haile Selassie is the man who alone represents Rasta, after all haile selassie is Ras TafarI.
And that man gave all glory to God, and sought for his salvation in Yesus christ and the blood that he spilled.

Im not saying that Islam is a faith which is wrong, but i bealive that rasta has nothing to do with it? But indeed i Big up all the spiritual people living on earth, and as HIM said:

"In the mystic traditions of the different religions we have a remarkable unity of spirit. Whatever religion they may profess, they are spiritual kinsmen." - Haile Selassie I

Love to one and all!
Selassie I!

Messenger: ciriefader Sent: 11/23/2007 5:29:51 AM

yes this is true
in the diagram Ras Tafari and king david line is contstant throughout history from the beginning

"In the mystic traditions of the different religions we have a remarkable unity of spirit. Whatever religion they may profess, they are spiritual kinsmen."

yes others thoughout history reach the required understanding and pureness of thought to also appear on the line

however i must say that it is virtually humanly impossible to be that perfect all the time and stay on the line exactly...
the human existance has its restrictions
but we all do our best that is all god wants

i think this has something to do with ruling with an 'IRON ROD'

this is why i find it easier for this diagram to guide me rather than the complexities of the english bible and it's ommissions

thanks for I reasoning
InI together
InI all
I an Rod

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I