Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2384&start_row=1

playing ball

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: dirtyd Sent: 11/12/2007 6:14:06 PM

I found rasta at 16 years old,not fully but enough to keep me interested till I new HIM in my 20's.I'm now 33 and am blessed to have open eyes in a society that is brainwashed by the media and spoonfed lies about the war,and cares more about lindsey lohan than global warming.It upsets me that humans can be so gullible,and let their life revolve around fake happiness and guilty pleasures.It also upsets me to know how hard it is to live the true rasta way here in babylon.Its extremely hard to live the life I prefer in this country,all because our ''leaders'' have purposly made it this way.you can't just pick a spot and build a house,you half to pay some other richer human through the nose for a plot of land,and then keep paying for the rest of your life,and if you choose not to,the only other alternative is to live on the streets.In most neighborhoods here,you cant grow a big enough garden to feed a family,you gotta go to the grocery store and help fund delmonty food corparation's babylon food.most people are forced to fund terrorism,or fund some other greedy persons wallet when they buy herb,cuz you can go to jail for growing the natural herb and people are to scared to risk it.clothes,food,music,property,health,medicine,and pretty much every other aspect of life is generally controlled by the force that i disagree with the most!,babylon!!and this makes it almost impossible to live the way i prefer tolive.I read earlier about tattoos,alchohol,and other things that someone was wondering if these things are ok in the eye of JAH.Well considering i was brought up around all these nagative things and people,I feel more rasta than ever that my eyes were opened and I think of JAH as i do,cuz i took the time to turn myself on to the positive message of rasta!I have tattoos,and i drink,and i smoke,i'm not claiming rasta,its too hard for me to TRULEY do that here in babylon cuz your forced to play ball to a ceartain extent.But rasta has given me a beutiful backstage pass to all that is positive,and warns me of booby traps like the government,tv,processed foods,and most humans,sorry to say that.I hope I didn;t get out of hand,it just makes me upset to see so many people just follow false morals at the drop of a hat,and follow trends so blindly,not thinking about repercussions when it comes to the children of the future,oh yeah,I hate playing ball too!

Messenger: GebrMikael Sent: 11/13/2007 1:23:46 PM

i see the only way out of it is too stay focused on what you do. and return to zion, stay serious

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 11/13/2007 3:56:53 PM

GIVE THANKS
I FEEL U
I FOUND THE JAH IN ME AT 14 AND IM 28
AND STRUGGLE MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY FROM TIME TO TIME LIVIN IN THE GHETTO TAKES A TOLL ON ANY ONE
MY ELDER TOLD ME LONG AGO THAT
TRUE SPIRIT OF RASTAFARI LIVES IN THE HILLS OVER LOOKING THE CORRUPTION OF THE CITY
THO INI SHOULD WORK ON CARRYING THE SAME SPIRIT ANY WHERE THIS PROVES TO BE VERY HARD DOWN HERE
I RESPECT WHAT U SAID ABOUT NOT CLAIMING RASTA CAUSE ITS HARD TO LIVE UP TO
THAT WAS VERY HUMBLE
BUT TRIMMING DRINKIN SMOKIN OR WAT EVER U DO,AS DONT CHANGE WHO GOD IS ]
SO INI IS STILL RASTAFARI CHILDREN AND WHEN U KNOW THE TRUTH
TRUTH MUST BE TOLD
CAUSE IM FAR FROM WHO I USED TO BE AND WHO I SHOULD BE BUT...
I DEFEND MY LAWD
SEE ME
DEFEND MY LAWD
ILL NEVER DENY HIM
ALSO EVEN WEN U ARE DOWN OR UP SAY THE ETHIOPIAN CREE CHANT PSALMS
DO WHAT U CAN DO PLEASE THE LAWD
JAH NEVER LEAVE INI INI LEAVE JAH

ULTIMATELY IF WE ARE GOIN TO PLAY BALL, MIND THAE BALL DONT PLAY U FIRST IT HAPPENS

7 WORDS OF LOVE GOD IS LOVE LET US ALL LOVE

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I