Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2376&start_row=11

Sarcophagus of His and Her Majesty

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 53
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 11/18/2007 9:36:04 AM

Greetings...

I wanted to thank Ilee for the I's post, as well as Bredrin Ras Nicholas. In a further analysis of the Sarcophagus of His and Her Majesty, a very intriguing aspect of the sarcophagi is the false door. As I was pointing out before there are four squares in each of the four corners of the lower half of the sarcophagus. These four squares are quite obviously inspired by the windows and doors seen on the Aksum Stelae, and later used as the markings of windows and doors on the Lalibella Cathedrals. However, if we are to go back further to ancient Kemet (Egypt), we can clearly see that His Majesty was constructing His own Sarcophagus very much in keeping with the Kemetian (migrated Ethiopians, as I am inclined to think) Royals.

"False doors are a common element within Egyptian temples of the New Kingdom dedicated to their ancient gods, as well as much earlier mortuary temples dedicated to the deceased and within the tombs themselves (beginning with the 3rd Dynasty). They represented thresholds that allowed gods or the deceased to interact and link with the living world, and are most commonly associated with offering rituals. However, in New Kingdom temples they were also associated with the so-called "hearing" chapels, or chapels of the "hearing ear", which were usually located at the very rear of many temples directly behind the sanctuary in the outer walls of the temple structure. These "hearing ear" chapels gave those outside the temple access to their gods."

"However, the most frequent occurrence of false doors are found in the mortuary elements of tomb complexes, including those attached to pyramids and mortuary temples of New Kingdom royalty located some distance from their actual tombs. The false door is one of the most common elements found within Egyptian tomb complexes, particularly those that were decorated. Hence it is also one of the most important architectural features as well as the focus of the offering chapels, and they are found in both royal and non-royal tombs complexes, beginning with Egypt's Old Kingdom. They are called a "false door" because spiritual entities of Weni false door in situ the deceased were believed to have the ability to pass through the door, though for the most part they had no ability to open or close as a normal door.

The false door was intended to allow the deceased a link between the living and the dead so that, perhaps most importantly, the deceased could receive sustenance from the land of the living.

Often called a Ka-door, they were frequently made of a monolithic piece of fine limestone that were then often painted red with black spots probably to imitate granite, a good example of which is found in the tomb of Seankhuiptah in the Teti cemetery at Saqqara. However, in the tomb of Hesire and in other rare instances, they might also be made of wood, or simply painted on the flat surface of a wall. Interestingly, though false doors were almost always completely fixed."

"Most of the elements of the false door are usually inscribed with the name and titles of the owner, and frequently adorned with his figure."

Now a figure of His Majesty on His Sarcophagus, there is not, however, there is the Monogram of His Name comprised of three letters ("QE" Qedemawi, "HA" Haile, "SE" Selassie) directly in the middle of His Sarcophagus' false door. The name of a man has great significance, in regards to His Majesty Qedemawi Haile Selassie I there is no doubt that the name is a reflection of the Emperor's divinity, and the mark of One so great as to know they are immortal without the hesitation of doubt. The outer tomb of King Tut was also adorned with four Eyes of Horus, or Udjats, in each of the four corners of His sarcophagus, as far as my own speculation goes the eyes are very much like windows symbolized on His Majesty's tomb, they are protection for One who can then see what is coming and will not enter the next phase blindly.

Also, the tombs of Kemetian royalty were often filled with all sorts of articles that One would need in the next life. One unable to afford to put such articles in their tomb with them would paint pictures of the articles on the tomb. Ethiopians to this day still have their "will," (a list of their Earthly belongings) buried with them, often written on a peice of goat hide, this would be stretched and tied to an individuals head and toe. Although I can draw no distinct conclusion as to whether or not His Majesty had intended to partake in this practice.

Also, the ancient Kemetians would have an enlightened scribe prepare for them a special book (today known as the "book of the dead" properly called " The Book of Coming Forth by Day") which was a list of spells or incantations, instructions, prayers, for the One transitioning into the next stage of life, should they be able to afford one. To this day in Etihopia the Debterra (an enlightened scribe, with a monastic schooling) prepares scrolls for Ones to keep with them through the various stages of life, which contains various prayers, spells, and forms of protection by Names of God. Everyone should read the "Lefafa Sedek" (or the Bandlet of Righteousness, and Ethiopian Book of the Dead, and read the introduction by Wallis Budge) It will soon become very apparent that what is Christianity today is for the most part repackaged Kemetian forms of worship, and the purest form left is the Ethiopian Orthodox faith. And while those who are frustrated by Christianity may spite the EOC, there is the supreme example of Qedemawi Haile Selassie starring them in the face. For it is He who Knows and continues to Show the way, it is just a matter of the seeker keeping the I's Eye open.

I am happy to talk more about this should anyone have any thoughts, again as I said before I'm open, and much of this is my own speculation, as I am no authority except unto I-SELF.

SELAM ENA FIKRE

Messenger: Ilee Sent: 11/18/2007 6:04:23 PM

Seen I, Couldnt read the whole ting so I don no if dem mention it, but just wan point out how the false door in the sacophgi is a metaphor for the point in I and I skulls from whence our spirits can trod to Ither dimensions, ISes Imperial.

Messenger: JAH Coyote Sent: 11/20/2007 3:00:04 AM

Rasta need not see death as anything of importance. For Rastafari is about Livity- the life with live and share on this earth. Death plays no role in the livity of a Rastaman; for life is eternal, as hope springs eternal. Rasta is love, Selassie I teach the word/sound/power to all of Babylon's ministers. Some of them side with Selassie, many of them agreed but secretly disagreed when they though JAH was not aware. But JAH has always been, will always be aware. There is no where to hide from the power of the Almighty.

Essentially, the sarcophagus was built due to cultural significance, which is of upmost importance. It is obeying the 4th commandment, to love through respect one's father and mother. The culture of Ethiopia. No man, no matter how much JAH Holy Spirit shine through, is immune to bodily death- the spiritual purging of the body. The spirit always remains supreme to the body, so a sarcophagus, especially for a RIGHTEOUS MONARCH, is necessary to hold respect and humility to this inevitable experience.

It is up to I and I livity to not regard life as a physical being- but an eternal, Iverlasting entity.

When Christ speak about eternal life he is not speaking of a continuance of body and physical well-being, but of a higher, spiritual life which is impossible to kill. Dust is dust, life is life, and there is a need for I and I to distinguish the separation between the two.

As Rastafari Sons and Daughters we are given the gift to see what is beneath the surface of a situation. JAH has granted I and I this ability, and it is up to I and I to LIVE this ability. Babylon has an infinity of tricks while I and I possess the infinity of purity and righteousness, which can never be discredited rightfully. No matter what they may say, Life shall always Conquer Death. Death is still, life is forever in motion. Seen?

So let us witness how Selassie I IS alive today. How does Selassie I still affect I and I? How is Selassie I word relevant to I and I in these days (the year 2007)? These are the kinds of questions worthy of concerning oneself with.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 11/20/2007 2:08:19 PM

Greetings...

Ilee, give thanks, and yes, the I is onto something that we could talk about in depth, but I had yet to take the reasoning there in my last post, though I had given it some thougt. The Kemetians of ancient were obviously aware of their crown chakra, notice the sperpent symbol worn on the middle of the brow of many a pharoh's crown. We could talk more about that if the I wishes. Again, this reasoning is much to do with symbology.

Give Thanks Jah Coyote, for a well thought response. There is no doubt about the I's assertion that the symbology used by His Majesty in these times is a direct reflection of His upholding the traditions of the anciency of whom He is. To know Him is to know the Father.

As for: "Rasta need not see death as anything of importance" and then "Dust is dust, life is life, and there is a need for I and I to distinguish the separation between the two."

Well I must say that we are putting the term "death" into different definitions. Dust is dust, but that doesn't equate to "death", at least not for I, and I don't think it did for the Kemetians either, and I think the sarcophagus makes this point quite clear. The true meaning of death is the transition point, and in finding the definition there I would think that Rasta should find it of the utmost importance, because we are no longer talking about dust, but rather life everlasting, no? It was the Kemetians peroccupation with the transition that is bodily death that they then invested their efforts to the cause of righteousness (Ma'at). His Majesty was devoted to righteousness, it is His teachings that guide us to where we ought to be when the transition comes. I hope we can talk more about this, as I feel I and I are still close in our thoughts.
Give Thanks
SELAM

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/21/2007 12:13:37 AM

SunofMan,

Here is the link to the quote from the interview:

Interviewed by Oriana Fallaci

Why do you think Selassie I chose that point in the interview to end it?

Have you ever heard Selassie I speaking about a Sarcophagus?

I and I are more interested in Life than death.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 11/21/2007 7:13:01 AM

Give Thanks Ark I...

I had found the interview the other day here on the I's site, and it was less out of context than I thought. I must say however that the whole line of questioning was antagonistic, and she was just trying to push His Majesty into some kind admission of which He knew she would create her own interpretation. To speak of a subject like death with someone trying to paint such a mortal picture of One who knows they are Infinite seems like a futile endeavor to say the least. How could His Majesty not be skeptical of an Italian journalist targeting H.I.M. at such a pivotal time in History, and why let her paint a belittling picture of HimSelf...

As for "Have you ever heard Haile Selassie speaking about a sarcophagus?", the answer is of course not. Obviously I've been trying to examine something that we have not been privileged to hear from His own lips. However, He did talk about it, not publicly for it was a private matter, but left with the evidence here and now, is it wrong to talk about it. His Majesty chose the location of His and Her Majesty's sarcophagi to sit in a very prominent location in Kidist Selassie, a place where anyone attending services in the Cathedral would very easily take notice of it. There is a royal burial chamber underneath the Cathedral where He could have chosen to place His body, but He did not. In asking "why not?" I've been trying to establish that there is perhaps more to the picture than the mortality of dust, but rather a continuity of ancient practices which are directly related to higher focus on everlasting Life. It is the focus on death's transitioning point of the human body that allows One to gain a better focus on the Life we Live here and now. Many men piss life away and never look back, still knowing that death will come. Should One realize that with a monumental transition coming, a complete shift in all things appreciated and taken for granted, One needs to do work here and now to better themselves, to live up Right, and judgement can become the least of worry. It is this focus that I've been trying to draw a reader's attention to, in order to produce a much greater focus on who we are in this Life, and that this Life must be appreciated and handled with the utmost care.

Ark I, I wish the I would share some view of what the I sees death as, it does strike me as odd that the I will not talk about it. I'm not trying to antagonize the I or anyOne else, and I certainly don't hold it as fault to focus on the I's life and place the I's intrest on life alone. But, I feel as though every Rastafari should know that life does not end with death, so why must we end our conversation?

Anyways...Death Go Away, Ca Suffit, Ca Suffit, yes I, and Life come closer...I never wanted to use the "d" word but eventually it needed to get a better definition, and we cannot say that His Majesty avoided the subject either, He did give speeches about the deaths of His loved Ones and certainly He had a stance on the subject. Back to it...
SELAM

Messenger: Ilee Sent: 11/21/2007 8:37:56 AM

Perhaps His Majesty arranged the sarcophogus for it to remain empty. How's that for symbolism?

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 11/21/2007 1:08:03 PM

Interesting...What about Her Majesty's? I am of the opinion that He and She are of equal being...

SELAM

Messenger: Ilee Sent: 11/21/2007 4:42:52 PM

Good Question. Have you ever heard the story of how women were created from a rib of man? Basically upon marraige a women becomes one with the man she marries. Meaning Empress Menen is really Just a part of Haile Selassie. So the divine Feminine lives not as a seperate entity in the person of the Empress but out of the oneness restored to the Emporer through marriage. In this light its appropriate that Her Majesties Frame occupies the tomb. Look in to the Shiva/Shakti Phenomenon. Which are ancient Hindu stories of advanced holy men being able to *switch* sexual organs at will, or have both at the same time, and not the Hermaphroditic kind where one is deformed, But two fully functioning and opposed sexual organs. Still I did not mean to distract your death conversation! :)

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 11/22/2007 12:01:13 AM

Ilee in the light that the I has put it, there is a double standard. I could say why Her frame, and why not His. If they are One, there should be no compromise. From the beginning of the Ible Womban is downpressed and it is done for a reason. What is the reason? Men have a massive superiority complex...no apology. It was His Majesty who held the Orb(feminine) and the Sceptor (masculine)upon coronation, and His Majesty was the One crowned at the same time as She, and this is not of Ethiopian standard coronation trodition, nor is it tradition to place sarcophagi next to each other in an Ethiopian Orthodox Cathedral, where the norm is to have males on one side and female on the other. Everyone should ask themSelf why it was the rib from which the Womban was created, is the rib not symbolic of an equal stature. Should she have been created from His skull it would be of His Highest level, and should it have been His foot it would be of His lowest, but no the rib protects the Heart it is the median of the body, it is man and Womban in balance, and LIFE SIMPLY DOES NOT EXIST WITHOUT BOTH FUNCTIONING AS ONE.

And Hindu, whoa, come on, every form of the One God has its male and female counterpart. Kali rises to trample the ego of man, only to restore the balance. And please bring I Shiva into this reasoning for the Destroyer will ceaselessly demonstrate that the I is also the Renewer. And would the I like to ask if the roots of Hindu and His sarcophagus are not One and the same, or that His Majesty and the roots of everything are not the same, of course they are for all stems from the One source. We don't need to argue because we see it as One, and individuals still, but calling it a death conversation is belittling the intention and the I knows that. Still I maintain that it is not through death that we die, but that we find a place to understand what our Immortality depends on, and that is this LIFE.

Perhaps Ilee, I don't fully overstand what the I is saying, please don't hesitate to elaborate, I love the reasoning.

SELAM

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 53

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I