Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2330&start_row=1

mind trap

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/17/2007 1:49:15 AM

I hope this makes sense,,,its waay early in the morning lol, still a little sleepy

It has been said that As a man thinketh, so is he

but not always

sometimes, as a man is, so he thinketh

i Read the post on controlling women, and i was about to respond with my thinking that to beat a woman and break her down mentally or whatever could never be right
But then i had to stop because i realised that i opinion was not based on what i "thought" but on who i AM
And most of the people who claim that it is right to beat up women probably say that not because of their thinking or their reasoning, but because that is who they are, it is only after the fact that their mind tries to find reasons and justifications for their actions.

The next step to decieving oneself is ofcourse to make yourself believe that the justification for your actions is not a "justification" at all but the "reason" for your actions.

It is very easy to fall into this trap.
So be diligent
sometimes people will do questionable things and instead of thinking clearly and admitting their error, their minds will rush to find "reasons" that will support their actions
after all, they have to live with themselves, have to look in the mirror everyday
and we all know how powerful the mind can be
if the mind did not find justifications for almost any action, half the population would probably go out and walk in front of a bus right now

Bless
Rastafari is

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/17/2007 10:54:53 PM

Yes I, some of them are just the wicked, so they do according to who they are.

People always blame the actions but try to avoid blaming the causer of the actions.

You now how some people say they hate the sin but not the sinner. To I, that statement depends on the sin, and the percentage of the sinner that is wickedness. How many times do I and I hear how Jah hates the wicked. Or how Jah prophets show how they also hate the wicked.

When the wicked do wickedness, I blaze the wickedness and the wicked. Because none of those actions are anything without the person who acts with them.

And even when I talk about how I blaze Fire on I own self for I wickedness. I am not blazing actions because the actions have already passed, I am blazing the part of I that is undesirable.

vanity of vanities, excuses upon excuses. All to excuse those that sin, so that people feel comfortable when they sin a little, and so that people feel comfortable when they sin a lot. All depending on the sinner and sintuation.

Seasons unto the next Seasons. Everything has a time and place. The old time is gone, the new time has been here a long time.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Jah-Set Sent: 10/17/2007 11:10:46 PM

YES I!!!! Give thanks for de I dem insightfullness.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/18/2007 3:40:18 AM

"vanity of vanities, excuses upon excuses. All to excuse those that sin, so that people feel comfortable when they sin a little, and so that people feel comfortable when they sin a lot. All depending on the sinner and sintuation."

Yes Iyah, well said

i am sure ini all remember all the lies that the europeans had to tell themselves so they could do the things that they did to Africans.
How else could one sleep at night after doing such things to another human being....simple....one tells oneself that black people are only three fifths of a human being...now one is ready...go out there and be the best racist one can be

FYAH

Rastafari is
Hail I Marcus Mosiah
Bless

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 10/18/2007 5:39:12 AM

blessed love
Yes I.
I man think that some people don't need any justification to do the wicked things. They just do it, because they get benefit from it, or just because they are tougfht that it is not wrong... Some people are just sick and wicked, and thats that. JAH can't save them if they don't save themselfs ,JAH will burn them.
About the mind trap... The I should know that what di Ible says about that... That humans are thinking for themselfs and fool themselfs into condemnation with their folly, ussually they don't know them are doing wrong. They think it's right , because their logic tells them so. They go to an extent that they think JAH don't see them doing wrong, that JAH is sleeping etc. They can't be more wrong....

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 10/18/2007 8:01:47 AM

Hey Mi Brothers, wha gwarn?!

Boy oh boy... fiyah is getting hot, ye know.

Just been having a little stroll around the "web", and it is getting really red hot scorching, so as a sample for the ways of the world... I'm shaking my head, big time.

I met a lovely Empress on the bus this morning, that I used to work with... we were catching up, it was all; "hiiiii! How ARE you?! How's your son?" blah blah.

She replied, "my son's fine, his girlfriend was expecting a baby.." and I butt in, like ready to be like... "whaaat?! WOW!" blah blah... until she cut me again and was like,

"hm, but she was assaulted the other day at six months pregnant and the baby was kicked out of her"...

Mi say... JaaaaaaaaaAAAAH!!

My heart gets tighter every day, with everything I see. I'm not even going to go into the scene I saw yesterday between two parents having a public yelling match with their 3 year old daughter right there, asking them to please stop.

Idren, InI must itinue to chant down Rome, blaze hot lava and purge this shituation. The negative energies and their current is flowing with speed, only InI have the sight and the meds to tackle them in this iritical warfare.

We cannot remain underestimating our own Iritical wealth & power... from the rising of the Sun & Moon each day, InI must hold fast the covenant... speak words of rights, in priyer and in all wordsound... InI don't have guns and bayonets, but InI have word, sound and power... so no more wasting words trying to figure out the reasonings on principles, like Ark-I has been saying from how long...

CHANT NYABINGHI, CHANT SALVATION, CHANT REDEMPTION 24/7. And overs thee I intention, overs the heart, overs the channel of energy... and overs that InI are ordained to win the battle, so failure is not even an option. These are the times... HOUSE OF ISRAEL!! AWAKE!

Messenger: Ten Sent: 10/18/2007 8:05:03 AM

Blessed Love
Yes I, "now one is ready...go out there and be the best racist one can be" for God, King and Country. Its evil how people lie to themselves to justify wickedness, fire 'pon that. God is used as an excuse for acts of cruelty and that the main reason why religious violence and conflict goes on. Even in individual acts, people use Jah in vain to make their weak and wicked ways acceptable, others do the opposite, they deny JAH so they can justify their wrongdoing. Either way its a weakness of the spirit.
JAH Is

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/18/2007 9:34:21 AM

What is the most effective way for a person to lie and still be convincing ?
The person must first believe that lie within himself

The mind will always try to find ways to make it easier for a person to cope with whatever guilty conscious he might have.

I am not my mind.
My mind is not I.

Either you control your mind or your mind controls you.

The stronger your mind controls you, the easier it is for others to control you through your own mind.

I Am I
The I controls and guides I
None cannot infiltrate I

"CHANT NYABINGHI, CHANT SALVATION, CHANT REDEMPTION 24/7. And overs thee I intention, overs the heart, overs the channel of energy... and overs that InI are ordained to win the battle, so failure is not even an option. These are the times... HOUSE OF ISRAEL!! AWAKE!"

somethings just need to be said again

Blessed Love
Rastafari Is

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/19/2007 9:07:08 PM

A person's mind is a vital part of who he is, right there close to the top of the natural government in a person. We should not say that I am not my mind. But the point is well made, that I am not defined by the state of my mind.

All this talk about how people sometimes work backwards to make the false justification into the reason, when really they had no good reason - it is very nice. Foundation of the judgement. I like it because it is something that anyone can vibe with, and they don't have to be religious or anything. Just common sense. It is great when you can reason of these things on a common sense level, because then you have the power to teach.

But I keep thinking you know, when I hear these reasonings, that you must remember life is more important that being right and just.

Check this quote:
CHANT NYABINGHI, CHANT SALVATION, CHANT REDEMPTION 24/7. And overs thee I intention, overs the heart, overs the channel of energy... and overs that InI are ordained to win the battle, so failure is not even an option. These are the times... HOUSE OF ISRAEL!! AWAKE!

The first time I read it I got excited and I say, "Is this the key, Jah? It sound like the key!"

It sound so nice. But in response I will quote Culture, "If every man want to go up ahead go shine, who will lead the blind? I."

First forgive your brother, and accept him in his sins. Accept him fully and without partiality, and do not blame him for his sins. It's just life he's looking for. When you accept and love him, you can teach and lead. That is the only way to chant Nyah Binghi.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/20/2007 1:16:25 AM

Let me clarify. The whole quote that I was referring to is:

InI have word, sound and power... so no more wasting words trying to figure out the reasonings on principles, like Ark-I has been saying from how long...

And basically my point is that principles is not just a dream or illusion, but it is actually the way people think. And you can't bypass the fact that people are dealing with principles. So you should never imagine it is possible to chant word sound and power without principles that someone can clearly understand in his common human understanding.

I hope the point is clear. It feel like ones trying to forget that humanity is more important than who is right or wrong, that's why I say this. A man who is wrong can become a man who is right, so we always have to reason clearly from root principles to people and talk so they can understand. You got to be able to reason on some common ground with people.

Not truly sure if the people here will agree with this statement, but I would love to hear the responses in your heart when you hear it. Thanks in advance.

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I