THE RECOMMENDED RASTAFARI CODE OF CONDUCT
"The very diversity of the worlds peoples today constitutes one of mankind's great resources; the different philosophies with which nations approach their problems lead inevitably to a vast array of methods and techniques. These variations are necessary, for each people must find solutions which are responsive to its particular needs... each nation will inevitably pursue that course which appears best suited to its own unique characteristics…
We seek Africa's economic growth and development, the betterment of the way of life of Africans and all men.
HIM Haile Selassie 1
Whereas the People of The Rastafari Nation worldwide:
a. have affirmed that the Nation of Rastafari is founded upon Kingciples that acknowledge the Divinity of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie 1st Emperor of Ethiopia, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, Elect of God and Light of this world, and Empress Wayzero Mennen
b. faith in fundamental human rights and freedoms, in a world of free people and the dignity of the human person and the equal and inalienable rights with which all members of the human family are endowed by their Creator;
c. respect the Kingciples of justice and integrity;
d. recognize that people remain free only when freedom is founded upon respect for moral and spiritual values.
e. recognizing that African Liberation must be the concern of all Rastafari people.
f. desire that the Rastafari Code of Conduct should enshrine the above mentioned Kingciples for ensuring the protection of fundamental human practices and freedoms;
The following provisions shall have effect as the Code of Conduct of the Rastafari Nation
THE RECOMMENDED RASTAFARI CODE OF CONDUCT
"By word and deed, we have sought to inspire Our beloved people to retain the past - to cleave to its faith, to preserve its tradition, to cherish its self respect; and to acclaim the present to recognize its challenges, to work diligently, to attain higher levels of achievement."
(The Law of Life, .Haile Selassie I)
O Most high Jah Rastafari INI have love the habitation of thy house, and the place where thy honor dwelleth
Gather not INI soul with sinners or INI life with bloody men: In whose hand is mischief and their right is full of bribes.
But as for INI, INI will walk in INI I-tegrity
Redeem INI and be merciful unto INI
INI foot standeth in an even place: in the congregation will INI bless the Lord Most High
Rastafari Family must:
1) Accept the divinity of Haile Selassie I & Empress Wayzero Mennen
2) Defend the sovereign rights of Africans at home and aboard.
3) Abide by the laws and teaching of Haile Selassie I (in that, INI must always read and overstand the selected speeches of Haile Selassie I and apply their relevance to INI daily lives for the betterment of humanity)
4) The collected word of Emperor Haile Selassie I are the true and Ivine foundation of righteous governance.
5) I n I must uphold the Kingciples of African Unity, Justice and Freedoms
6) It is the sacred duty of I and I Rastafari sons and daughters to commit I and I selves wholeheartedly to the cause of African Liberation and Black Reparation, and to labor with all I and I talents and mental abilities to achieve this goal
7) Any nation aspiring to be known as Rastafari must make African Liberation it’s first priority as stated by His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie.
(2)Sex with children
(3)Sex with animals
(7) Never enter into a relationship knowingly aware of a person’s intimate situation with another, as such to cause a break up or instability of the family
(8) Never enter into a sexual or intimate relationship with woman or man, causing disharmony, grief, or strife
(9)Never enter into a sexual/ intimate relationship involving multiple partners.
(10)Never enter into an activity in public that depicts sexual actions.
DO NOT COMMIT:
1) Abuse, slander or disgrace any Rastafari, brethren or sistren or others in public places either through the Printed Press, Radio, Television or the Internet.
A Rastafari Idren or Sistren should refer any of the above situations to:
a. One’s house, mansion or organization.
b. One’s peers.
c. One’s Elder.
Note: One should abstain from using the methods of Justice of the system, except in extreme situations where the social law advocates the outcome of situation.
One should abstain from using methods of vigilante justice or any action that would endanger the security of the Rastafari family.
2- Money- Laundering
4- Drug use.
5- Sale of Drugs.
a- Drunkenness/Drug Use – One is advised to seek counseling and prepare to stop.
"And every creeping thing upon the earth shall be an abomination, it shall not be eaten, whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever have more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat, for they are an abomination"
Jah said, behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed, To you it shall be for meat"
"The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nation"
What is Ital?
ITAL IS FRESH ORGANIC, UNPROCESSED FOODS.
The highest form of dietary practice is the consumption of naturally grown foods.
Rastafari who defends the ITAL way of life accept a more holistic and nature- oriented life style that ones and ones sight to be more in harmony with the earth.
Ital diet cleanses and purifies the physical being, it also offers the most life-energizing way of sustaining the physical structure and the inner Irits in their original crea Rastafari who defends the ITAL way of life accept a more holistic and nature- oriented life style, that ones and ones sight to be more in harmony with the earth.
Ital diet cleanse and purify the physical being, it also offers the most life-energizing way of sustaining the physical structure and the inner Irits in their original creation.
For members of the Rastafari Family who, due to cultural or social background, may participate in the eating of fish, but should AVOID THE FOLLOWING
1) Animal products/ by products
2) Process foods /Genetically Modified foods
3) Sodium salt – (Sea salt can be substituted.)
RASTAFARI REGGAE MUSICIANS, SINGERS, PROMOTERS.MC’s DJ’s
- Maintain the roots and cultural lyrics of the music and the standard set by the pioneers.
- conduct themselves with integrity while on stage and off, which includes activities while on tours, local or foreign.
- must consider making financial contribution to the social and economic development of the Rastafari Nation.
Create music and dance that epitomize a woman’s sexuality or trample on her I-tegrity and self worth, or even influence ones and ones to consider or commit acts of violence against her. Create music and lyrics that influence anyone to commit crimes against each other.
Not use His Imperial Majesty’s name casually or in vain while on stage or off.
1) Be concerned with Re Education, Current Events, Politics of African Liberation, Repatriation and Reparation
2) I n I must defend the right of all Africans to Repatriate to Africa, including the descendants of those Africans taken into captivity.
3) Defend the rights to Repatriation granted by His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I.
4) Always proud to be African or of African decent
5) Always proud to be a Rastafari Ingel
6) InI Rastafari will uphold the spiritual and cultural values of the ancient Ithiopians, and promote ital livity (culture) as the best and most appropriate lifestyle for Rastafarians and Africans alike.
7) Properly maintain his or her children, raising them in the order of righteousness
8) Must not enforce religious practices on any individual,
9) Should not take the name of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie 1st in vain or in casual conversation where it should not be used.
10) The Rastafari family should always strive to emulate the character of H.I.M Haile Selassie 1 and Empress Menen in their daily lives.
"As we guarantee to each the right to worship as he chooses, so we denounce the policy that set man against man on the issue of religion"
Haile Selassie I Nov 2 1966
AVOID RACIAL DISCRIMINATION
"Above all Ethiopia is dedicated to the principle of equality of all men ,irrespective of difference of race, color or creed .As we do not practice or permit discrimination within our nation , so we oppose I wherever it is found"
Haile Selassie I Nov 02 1966
Respect for the Flag of the Lion of Judah
The flag of Ethiopia the tricolor, Red, Gold, and Green, with the Gold charged with the crown lion, in natural colors supporting a cross-staff bearing a Red, Gold and Green pennon, known as the Lion of Judah is the accepted emblem of the Rastafari Nation
(Note the Green the uppermost color, the Gold in the middle, followed by the Red)
The Emblem must be
1) Present when representing Haile Selassie I and Empress Mennen
2) Present at all individual gates
3) Raised high at all times
4) Never flown beneath any other emblem.
The Emblem must not be
1) Torn, or in Rags
2) Must never be worn on feet
3) Used as decorations in nightclubs and dancehalls
1) The Hola Sacrament must not be Abused
2) Not be used for recreational purposes nor given to minors nor mentally disturbed individuals
3) Always remember smoking is an individual choice
4) No foreign substance should be added to the sacrament while in tabernacle or places of worship during ises.
IMPORTANT RULES RELATING TO SPECIFIC AREAS
All rules that listed in the Nyah Binghi Guide Lines relating to the Priest, The Nyah Binghi Grounds, and The Alter of the Tabernacle, The Nyah Binghi Harps, and The Fire Key must be obeyed. Also the rules and guidelines of all other houses and organizations should be obeyed according to their guidelines; whether or not you belong to said house or organization.
-Modest clothing should always be worn. It is recommended that women cover their heads while at any function or celebration of Rastafari.
-In the case of the Nyahbinghi Order and the Boboshanti, specific dress codes are required when attending any and all administrative and ceremonial events. Nyahbinghi women and Boboshanti women are required to ALWAYS have their heads covered while in public.
-No shorts or bareback must be permitted at any Rastafari function
- All tattoos should be fully covered
note: it is not advised or encouraged to put tattoos on one’s skin, if one doesn’t have a tattoo.
1) Always respect the decision of the Council of Elders ,I-ncients Guardians of the Faith.
2) Always acknowledge the contributions of the Patriarchs, Matriarchs and Founding Fathers of the Faith
3) Never use the I-ncients to obtain money for self benefits
4) Always acknowledge the contribution of African Leaders, African Liberators and Freedom Fighters, noting important dates and events.
Selon ena fiker igzee abiher yimmasgan
RasTafari guidance I-tinually
Ras Flako Tafari