Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2248&start_row=1

How do u take it

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GebrMikael Sent: 9/26/2007 3:56:30 AM

Christ say whoever wants to follow me and does not hate his mother and father cannot be my disciple. how much literally do you take this saying. i see it they set ur path as in provide shelter, food, clothing, etc...but its Jah who provide for the mustard seed your growing, seek within..mans biggest enemies are those of his own house!

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/26/2007 5:05:39 AM

Imagine

a circle enclosing another circle, then another, then another and so on
Each circle represents a space for the self

The first circle is a place for the self alone, the selfish being. The best you will find in this circle is self knowledge, and this will help you move forward into the wider circles
The second cirlce represents what we call family. In this circle you will find genorosity and love and you share yourself with others, but the space in that circle is still too small, it is a space bound and closed by the attachment to blood, or heredity, and so the number of people that you share with will be small And because of this, much blood and has been spilled throughout history
The third circle now represents what we call community, and you will move out of the limited space of the second circle and widen your potential.
And so, as you reach your spiritual maturity, you will move ever forward into wider and wider circles, from the circle of community to the circle of clan and tribe, onward to the circle of nations and on and on and on
Until you are ONE with the ONE

Emperor Haile Selassie I is the centre point of all Life Circumference

Blessed Love and Ises
Holy I Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: GebrMikael Sent: 9/27/2007 3:52:37 PM

i'm not so good with circles and circumferences, Christ did not come to bring unity but rather division! from now on father shall be against his son, son against mother, brother against sister. people have a choice of good and evil, ini chose good

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/27/2007 4:25:10 PM

Beloved,

That only works if you know your parents to be evil. That is not to say it is impossible. There are many atrocities of the family "tie"... and I'm treading carefully cos I get the impression there are "issues".

But what many of us InI see when we see opposition or resistance from our parents or family is simply fear of truth, that we as RasTa can overs due to a Haile overstanding of their condition and dis-ease. More time, InI find a way round and same way our families find themselves seeking solace in InI... when InI know that it is the warmth of RasTafari in InI they seek, when they don't have the strength to sight him direct and speak HIM name. So, ah Selassie I, ye know. And we know. Selah.

I know that if it ever comes to a day where I make the case for my Mother & Father's goodness over their lack of overstanding... I'm gonna make it! With passion. I nah forsake them. It is only those who shall go under with the Beast, they shall turn on their ancients during their final days.

Not me! My Father & Mother in flesh mean I can see & know there is a Father & Mother of Iration. Haile I & Menen I Selassie I.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/27/2007 4:28:07 PM

lol, yes i
you miss i point but its alright

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/27/2007 4:30:41 PM

oh lol, ini posted at about the same time sistren, i didnt see, but my response was to the brethren

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/27/2007 4:39:30 PM

Yeah. I was talking to the Bredren too. He seems a lil upset.

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/27/2007 4:51:20 PM

Yaa Asantewa
DID OFFEND U BY POSTIN THE EMPRESS MENENS HERITAGE ON THE ISLAM POST ???

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/27/2007 4:54:46 PM

Did you offend me? Not at all, my Lord.

I didn't even see anything offensive at all *shocked face.

Why would the I suspect that?

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/27/2007 4:58:11 PM

SORRY BOUT DAT
SOMETIMES I HAVE TO READ 4 TIMES BEFORE I OVERSTAND
ESPECIALLY WHEN U WRITE SO ARTISTICLY AND POETIC
AS U DID SO DIS REGAURD MY QUESTION EMPRESS
IM WORKING ON MY SPELLIN AND READING COMPREHENSION
SO PLEASE EXCUSE ME A BIT EMBARRESS
LOVE

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI