Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2242&start_row=1

back again

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 50
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 9/25/2007 10:31:59 AM

Ises beloved

yesterday Iman arrived back from Ethiopia.
Right now it's a bit hectic in my life, but if the I them have some questions or if there's interest I try to take time to share some experiences.

Selah

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/25/2007 10:39:08 AM

Blessed Love Aya
Jah Bless the I was able to make the trod, I pray the I's family, brethren and sistren in Ethiopia are well. How was the journey I?

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/25/2007 2:42:31 PM

HAILE BLESSED
I BEEN LONGING FOR SOME ETHIOPIAN ISPERIANCE
I BEEN READIN ADDIS VOICE
NUFF THINGS AGWAN IN ETHIOPIA "R"IGHT NOW
HOW LONG WAS THE I THERE THIS TIME?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/25/2007 11:22:22 PM

Welcome, it is nice to see the I voice again.

Remind I how long you were there for?

How was your time there, the I must have enjoyed the I self.

It would be Irie to hear about your trod.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 9/26/2007 6:16:23 AM

Ises Beloved

I and I Queen were there for one month with the millenium in the middle.

Well Ithiopia is bigger in impact on ones mind and soul than anybody could imagine. That is why I do not even know where to start to tell about it. I will give the I them an overview on how our trod was, and maybe then you have some specific questions.

Basicaly we stayed with I Brethren and him Queen in Addis. This was where we spent the first week to get a feel for the runnings.... but in fact it takes more than a week to arrive in Ithiopia mentally. When you imagine a country that is completely different from nearly everything that we know in the west, than it definately is Ethiopia, or east africa in general.
Then we rode the bus up to Lalibela which took all in all a week. Back in Addis we rode the bus down the next day to Shashe for Millenium. When riding up again we jumped out at the Langano for some days and then went on back to Addis again. Then we had some days left in Addis.

This time we went the socalled eastern route to the north. That means we did not see the ones in the west (Bahr Dar, Gondar, Axum).

The experiences we made can hardly be expressed in words, and especially not over the internet. These are emotions and feelings we have to overstand in the days now.
But if the I them have questions about those places we have seen, I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/26/2007 8:51:25 AM

Blessed Ises i idren

Tenayestelign iyah, wonderful to hear from the i again.
I know just what the i means, i was just mentioning the other day how nothing i say can prepare ones for Ithiopia

Still have questions for the i, but all in good time

First, i would apprecilove to hear how it went in shashamane during the illenium. I have been sayng to some brethren that i hope someone has a video camera ready there to capture the ilebration. But for now let i hear it from the i

Good to have the i back amongst ini here, hehe though i know you would rather be there still lol

Blessed Love
Enkwan beDehna metah
Rastafari Bless

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 9/26/2007 11:22:40 AM

Ises

Give thanks for the I words.

Well I was critizized for being in Shashe and not attending Binghi service which was running seven nights starting from sept11.
I was at the Nahbinghi Grounds but did not atend the whole night service. Neither did I take part in any services of the Houses.
As I said already before I can only repeat, Shashamane is not the happy rasta disneyland that people in the west imagine and expect. Shashamane got a cancer that goes so deep that I fear it will never recover from that. There is so much negativity going on and so much disrespect for His Majesty's true example which goes through all houses. Let me make clear that I do not speak about all, but I bear witness to the fact that certain negative individuals are to be found in all houses, all colours, and all disguise in Shashamane.
That is why I personally had no revelation of going to the Binghi Service although this was my original intention when going to Shashe. But through JAH guidance we came in contact with Idren of the family who are new to Shashe but built in a short time some very fine and positive works. This is why we preferred to stay among I n Iselves and those new Idren in Shashe. But still I was thinking each night of the seven nights if I should attend binghi to represent and observe. But then there were Incients coming as guests to I n I grounds from a delegation which just arrived in Ithiopia and who did not attend Binghi too. So we prevered staying among I n Iselves chanting Nyahbinghi not in the binghi grounds.

People from the west who have not yet been to Shashe won't understand those runnings. And that is why still much wickedness is supported with donations from abroad through certain houses and organisations. I can't say much good about Shashamane. Like most of the Abesha too.

Selah

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/26/2007 12:33:36 PM

Blessed Love
Its a pity its not the place I envisioned it to be. From the way it sounds its as though its got heavy politics no different from other places. I really held Shashemane as a special place in I mind and so many of I n I think so. Its like Marcus Garvey in Philippi, CapeTown, from the outside it looks like such an irie place for JAH people but once you really get to know what goes on there your view changes. Its like the I say, people disrepect HIS Majesty and them nah live up to Ras livity but all over the camp and in all the houses are images of The Most High. There's so much politics even in Binghi and dancehall, but I guess its best to remember this is abt Jah not the ways of people.
Where are the better places for I n I to go in Ithiopia? Did the I sight ancient mystics in Ithiopia and did the I go to any natural places?
JAH BLESS

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 9/26/2007 1:25:56 PM

Ises

Well, let me put it that way. I do not have any real insight in house-runnings. All I know of Shashe is as Visitor, I have never lived there and my opinion might be that of an outsider. I point that out so clearly, because many won't like to hear what I say. Nobody shall say I tell lies because I do not know anything from inside being not a resident there.

So let it be said, YES I DO NOT HAVE ANY INSIDE KNOWLEDGE. Meaning, not first hand. I know many stories from residents which were told to me, but because I did not witness these things myself I have no right to spread them.

But what I do know, is what I experienced myself. The pure disrespect, anger, hostility, and sometimes even hate with which the oromo people approach everybody with dreadlocks. Maybe you are lucky and you are able to explain to them that NO I AM NOT JAMAICAN, AND NO I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TODO WITH THOSE JAMAICANS!!
The hostile look in the eyes of the oromo against every Rasta is something I did not experience in the whole of Ethiopia! The anger and hate in the eyes of the people who pass you is the mirror of years of Rasta presence in Shashamane. It speaks judgement against Rastafari in Shashamane!

And when you ask the Rasses, of course the Oromo are the problem. But I tell you one thing, even if those people are naturally hostile (which is a very european kind of thinking), they would love Rasta if Rasta had come to bring betterness.
If Rasta was the "creator which Ethiopia awaits" there would be love for I n I in the eyes of the inhabitants. But it is pure hate that these people have for I n I.
The very first thing I experienced in Shashe was an old oromo man who wanted to kick us out of "his land" with his stick when we were on the trod to I brethren's house.

I give you one example.
There is a german man by the name Karl Heinz Boem. He is well known in Ethiopia because of his self-help organisation called Menschen fuer Menschen. When he comes into a village the people love him so much they carry him on their sholders. I heard much of him while being in ethiopia.
And now see the difference. If Rasta had come to do good, they would love us like they love that german man. But now see how they really think of us.

To get things clear.
I have not experienced similar hate and hostility against I n I in any other part of Ethiopia where I have been. First, that says a lot about Rasta presence in Shashe.
Second, there is still a widespread opinion of ethiopians about Rasta that finds I n I ridiculous and laughs about I n I.
Don't get me wrong, they do not laugh about I n I because of His Majesty (in fact the national awareness about His Majesty grows and the people love HIM again), no it is because before I n I is associated with HIM, I n I is associated with Jamaica.

I loved to be in Ethiopia, I loved the people and the vibes. The one thing I did not like in Ethiopia was Rasta (meaning the image of Rasta which the ethiopians got about the jamaican bizness).
It's no joke, there are people coming who say, WHAT? You are Rasta? But you are so nice! How can you be Rasta? You are not kicking and slapping and cheating your ethiopian wife, you don't defend yourself with a kalashnikov against the "dirty ethiopians", and you don't live big on donations while the ethiopians around you have nothing............ etc etc etc.

A tip to Injoy Ithiopia?
Try to make clear that you are Rasta (means loving His Majesty, and the people understand that) BUT NOT JAMAICAN. And no matter if you black or white, european or american..... when you are Rasta for Ethiopians you are automatically JAMAICAN (with ALL the negative which they associate with it). And when they ask you if you already were in Jamaica, they mean Shashamane. Or more exactly Malkauda, the 2km northern small town where most Rasses live.

I am sorry that I have to say so many negative things. I am sure many don't wanna hear that and won't like me for saying that. But this is how I experienced it and all those serious Rasses who avoid Shashamane because of that or those who think about leaving Shashe because their son gets beaten blody everytime, their daughter is in risk of getting raped, and every faranji neighbor around has already been threatened, staped, shot, throatcut, thiefed etc etc.
If you want that, you don't have to go to Ithiopia. Just stay in LA, NY or Kingston.

Yes there are the holy places, but they are only found by those who are worthy.

Selah

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 9/26/2007 4:54:09 PM

I didn't read all this, but this is some serious affairs. I n I of all mansions need to cut and clear the way..I will bring this to the congress and I expect every mansion to bring it...i will itinue later have to go..

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 50

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I