Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2165&start_row=81

run to BABYLON for safety

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 86
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/13/2007 8:36:31 PM

Blessed Love
Rook Fari Selah I give thanks for your words of praise Aya, its JAH who makes it so. And to Empress Yaa give thanks too for the insightful distinction regarding the Yoruba - are you a cultural studies scholar by any chance? Just wondering from the way the I often speaks, the I has knowledge of identity construction and its complexities.
JS Mbiti gives a list of the names of God in the various languages and I'll post it when I find it. But regarding African forms of worship, in Benin they had wooden heads (900 is when wood carving there) and in later periods bronze heads in 1300s as a way of representing their ancestors in rituals of worship. Some of them were animals like rams and elephants similar to the brass and zinc figures of the Igbos of Southern Niger. Also along the Guinea belt were the Akwanshi who had a distinct form of stone sculpture that were called 'the buried dead' - Akwanshi. Priests officiated religious and ceremonial rituals and their elaborate burial rituals showed a strong belief in the afterlife. Among the Cushitic people of East Africa were two systems: the divinity of the sun and the divinity of the ancestors. As the Bantu peoples moved more into the southern parts of East Africa (what's now Tanzania, Kenya) they influenced the worship of God through the departed and by the end of the first millenium most of the peoples of this region had a dualistic apprach to God: as sun and through ancestral worship. Common to both of these peoples and to many African systems of worship was the divine right of kings - that he was sent by the gods to reign over all. So in each culture there were special forms of worship that involved the king and this gave them alot of power which could used for the benefit or detriment of the people. Totemic/Animist beliefs were also an element of many African spiritual systems and dependent on tribe and family lineage a certain animal had mythical importance as ancestral guardian and spiritual protector.
Alot of these forms of worship are still praticed but have changed greatly with the influence of Islam and Christianity and also cultural interaction between tribes. Nonetheless it is still all very fascinating for I and I, the only desire is to know more : )
Peace

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/14/2007 2:23:04 AM

Selassie I didn't run away, he gathered armies to free Ethiopia. Selassie I did the right thing, if he didn't do it the way he did, Ethiopia would be an Italian colony.

Here are some reasoning I made about it, there is reference to Marcus Garvey because he didn't Iverstand why Selassie I did what he did. And Marcus left the earth before he could see Selassie I free Ethiopia.

----------------------------------
----------------------------------------
That thing written by Marcus was written before the war was over, so he didn't Iverstand what Selassie I was doing. If Selassie I didn't leave and gather the armies to fight Mussolini, Ethiopia would be an Italian colony. And also, Garvey was basing his opinions on Babylon propaganda, that is where he got his "information" about Selassie I.

All the things that Selassie I did, both nationally and internationally was to rise up Ethiopia and the Ethiopian people and to prevent Ethiopia from being conquored and taken over by another country (like many African countries were at that time). And when Haile Selassie I ruled Ethiopia, Ethiopia was prosperous and the standard of living continually increased. Even after Mussolini caused so much destruction, Selassie still managed to rise up Ethiopia and the Ethiopian people. And Since Selassie I left Ethiopia, things became worse then they were during Selassie I's rule.

And about the slavery. In 1923, 7 years before Selassie was coronated as Emperor, 5 years before he became King of Ethiopia, Selassie I worked with the Empress Zauditu and abolished slavery.

Here is a reasoning I made before about that article:
------------------------------
RasTafarI didn't fight and run away, He went to gather armies to help Ethiopia defeat Mussolini. He knew that the weapons that Ethiopia had couldn't compete with the more modern weapons the aggressor had, especially considering how wicked the people behind these weapons were. They used poison to kill many people, and didn't have any consideration for Life. So Selassie I Itinued the fight and accomplished what he set out to do. He gathered the armies to defeat Mussolini. Garvey said some things against Selassie I because he didn't Iverstand the purpose of everything that Selassie I did. He didn't Iverstand that Selassie I was gathering armies to fight against Mussolini. And Selassie I accomplished his goal and defeated Mussolini. Selassie I didn't come to bow, but to conquer.
-----------------------------------------

One thing a bredren of mine told I was that he thinks that Marcus wanted Selassie I to call on him to gather up his people to help fight the Italians. And when Selassie I went to England instead, Marcus wasn't happy about that. My bredren said this was just what he thought about the situation.

If that was the case, then it still makes sense to I that Selassie I went to England because He needed an army that had weapons comparable to the weapons that Italy had, and that if he went to Garvey, then he wouldn't have access to the weapons required because no country was selling weapons to Ethiopia, but they were still selling to Italy. The war may still have been able to be won with the help of Garvey, but too many people would have died in the process.
-----------------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/14/2007 2:38:16 PM

YES IYAH
IM GLAD THE I BROGHT THAT UP
MARCUS WAS A MAN A GREAT GREAT MAN
NO ONE PERSON EVER DID WHAT HE DID
FOR BLACK PEOPLE NO ONE HE WALK ALONE ALL OVER THE WORLD GATHERIN BLACK PEOPLE UNDER ONE BANNER HE RAISED SO MUCH MONEY FOR BLACK PEOPLE
HE STOOD UP ALONE FOR BLACK PEOPLE
ITS ALSO A FACT THAT IF MALCOMX FATHER WASNT KILLED MALCOLM WOULDA HAVE TURN TO RASTA
HIS DADY WAS KILLED FOR BEIN A GARVEYITE GARVEY ITES WERE THE MOST MILITANT IN THOSE TIMES
NEVR BOW

NOW AS FAR AS WAT HE SAID ABOUT HIS MAJESTY HAD I IN TEARS WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL
BUT WHEN I RELIZED WAT HE WAS THINKIN AT THE TIME HE DIDDNT SEE THE STRATEGY
I KNOW NOW HE KNOWS NOW HE WAS WRONG AND REPENT OF THOSE WORDS
THE GOOD U DO LIVES AFTER U
AND I KNOW HE IS WITH HIS MAJESTY RIGHT NOW
WAITIN TO SEND SOME MORE HURRICANRE AND SUNAMI WIRLWIND
AND COUNTLESS SOULS OF SLAVES TO AID IN THE VICTORY
HON MARCUS I SELASSIE I JAAAH RAASTAFARI

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/14/2007 3:17:56 PM

Blessings
Give thanks for your words Ark I, long time people a burn Rasta and chant Sellasie I yet them nah know the King was fighting a strategic battle. And He conquered, the Lion prevailed and many nah know this. In this time Rasta come up in this world and spread the truth. Give thanks too for you reasonings on Garvey for much has been written, but lacking overstanding.
Praises I,
Blessed Love.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/14/2007 11:31:06 PM

People always forget that Jah RasTafarI is the Lord of Hosts.

Lord of Hosts means Lord of Armies. Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I is King of all Kings, Lord of all Lords, all was Created by HIM. So Selassie I gathered the Hosts to defeat the devil.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/17/2007 11:39:20 AM

Blessed Love!!

Yes, beloved Empress Ten... please do search out that list (not out of your way... but) I would really love to see it. Give thanks for the breakdown above. Re: the question... it's funny the I should ask me that. I did a cultural studies bachelors! Not yet a scholar though... striving to know scholarship.

I and I Kingman were just discussing HIM diplomatic strategies just yester-evening. The Kingman did buck one youthman talking about he has to bun "jah" and he doesn't use "jah" wordsound... and he has to bun dis and bun dat, bun out the carpet in his yard, bun out every bless. You know that folly vibes where a little information is a dangerous thing... and people get their ivels licked and start CONfusing themselves. Anyway, he must have gotten round to questionning I Kingman about His Majesty time spent here in Babywrong.

I suggest ones (not the I them direct - I know the I are well versed - I'm not being condescending) read His Majesty's paper trail. InI Father, God & King knew of the things that would be spoken of him in time to follow and all questions were answered before they were asked. Selah.

For example, there are archives from a French court where His Majesty has made the declaration of the with-holding of his coffers during his period of exile. So when InI hear rumours of this and that vulgar wealth... the recorded EVIDENCE says very different. His Majesty hasn't had to say anything.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 86

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I