Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=212&start_row=1

Picking and choosing

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras John Sent: 2/12/2004 11:45:17 PM

I was talking to some of my friends today... and we came to the topic that in terms of regarding scripture, we often pick and choose what we believe. In the Old Testament there are all these rules about cleanliness and uncleanliness we don't follow, such as things dealing with empress' menstration, mildew, all sorts of things. We do, however, follow these books when it comes to clean and unclean animals (InI naw deal with either- just strictly Ital vegan).

We do what is proper to InI. But how do we define this? We do I-ditate to come to conclusions on things, but we can't be in an I-ditation 24-7... so how do we consistently deal with these issues, to make sure that we are doing a righteous, holy, clean thing, and not be hypocrites or nothing?

InI see the books of Leviticus and Dueteronomy as for a different civilization with different needs, and therefore not as applicable to us. However, things that are repeated again and again such as clean and unclean animals is something that MUST be respected. Also, we must come to a self definition of cleanliness. Products made in sweatshops or factory farmed animals or products tested on animals InI see as unclean. InI don't be part of the problem. If the empress of InI wants to be with I and she is on her period, it's not a deal. InI not gonna be sick. She's not gonna be hurt. No one is hurt. But is this reasoning correct? Does the scripture take precidence over InI intuition and reasoning? Where do we draw the line?

One love.

Ras John

Messenger: ijah Sent: 2/13/2004 6:26:13 AM

One always haffe at least try fe live it out...
Dueteronomy and Leviticus showing InI how JAH want i fe live...so
In that way ,itta still appliciable to Ini,John,,,ye should never forget that
In assuming that this wouldnt be necesarry,that will result in generations that come after you,that wont even tek those Scriptures in consideration....SEEN????
Me know that such a way of life ,is very hard to realize inna this babylon Shitstem,bot one should never ever turn his back towards The Word of JAH.....

So,to answer thy question. Where do we draw the line???
InI should say:Man musnt draw a line,cause JAH The Almight already done that for InI.... Keep livin out The Word

Jah gave His Word,through Moses,and it is aplliable throughout all generations..thats what the Word say..in time humanity haffe changed drastically,but JAH has always remain the same,with same values and morals and so......THX AND PRAISES JAH RASTAFARI HAILE SELASSIE I

Blessed Love&idance
Greetings, ijah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/13/2004 7:32:52 AM

The LAWS in the bible are a rock for us to stand on so that one day that we don't need a law,we just walk in the light(JAH WAY).I read the bible and i hear some people talking bout the law as if that law was put there for good reason.I think the law is there for the people as a work out.(THINK these way so you will be close to JAH.)thats cool but i do not walk around with a bible in my hand,I walk with JAH HAND INI HAND(IN JAH LIGHT).WHEN I am about to do something that goes againsted HIM,HIM HOLD MY HAND BACK.it was not all ways like that,i had to work on my spirit.
the bible is writen for man help,but man has used the bible to in slave the people JAH people.when alaw is made people loose there freedom.the son and daughter of jah is suppose to be free.free your mind and your ass will follow.(LOL)free you mind and salvation will follow.SEEN?
its ok if you dont.love is power to the people!!!!!

JAH LOVE
DOUGLAS
one

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/13/2004 10:50:08 AM

Greetings,

Not all of the laws show I and I what we must do to be acceptable to Jah. Some of the laws are laws of man, given for health reasons, to teach I and I how to live clean and prevent sickness. The unclean animals are unclean because they can make I and I sick if we eat them. The washing of hands before eating was given to prevent sickness from bacteria that might be on our hands. But Christ show the people:

Mark 7
1 Then came together unto him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem.
2 And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault.
3 For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the tradition of the elders.
4 And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.
5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?
6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
14 And when he had called all the people unto him, he said unto them, Hearken unto me every one of you, and understand:
15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
16 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
17 And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.
18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/13/2004 10:55:02 AM

but man got have to give thanks to god fall progress
if you get sick from doing something and did not die then you should thank god and tell others

one

its was frist for help and now it is for control
LAW

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 2/13/2004 11:08:13 AM

Seen, seen...

I dig that whole "walkin with JAH Light in InI hand" deal... Definately a good way to put it. The way InI see the historical books of the Bible is that they have divine wisdom, but ya can't take them to be concrete, word for word messages, seen? Cuz then it's like your life is a paper, JAH Word is the reference source, and you are just plagarising. Ya get by, but ya didn't do the work nor did it do anything for you. SO you can live like Bobo dread in the country, with women on one side of the villiage, men on the other... removed from society and things, but InI don't see that as what InI haff fi do... Yeshua, Selassie- JAH work with all people! No matter what time! So if we gonna take JAH example- well then, Idren, we gotta take JAH example. If HIM tell Israelites 3000 years ago not to come into contact with woman on her period, then for them that's what they had to do. But you take a step back- see the linear perspective and think- what does all this mean? We got all these messages of what is cleanliness and uncleanliness, some seem totally reasonable, some seem pretty odd and contradictory to other things we know to be JAH word... so what do we make of this? Well, what all these things are about is respect for health- physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual. We gotta take care of these bodies JAH make for us- they are temples of JAH, and just as we will keep a Tabernacle clean and untainted so must we keep our dynamic bodies. We live in totally different circumstances now so of course we dont have to follow the rules set for an ancient civilisation, much less technologically, scientifically and medically advance as ours, and on a different side of JAH Earth. So we got to find the deeper meaning of what purity is, use what the rationelle behind these laws are for guidance, and purify the InI. Seen?

I really like that 'walking with JAH in my hand' bit man. When we are in connection with JAH then we have His guidance, and so we are graced with Divine Providence and inate wisdom. So bless up- Idren... great words!

One Love Iternal- JAH Rastafari

Ras John

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/13/2004 11:14:34 AM

SEEN

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 2/13/2004 11:21:06 AM

Ras John start saying that we cannot be in meditation all the time. That is very false.
Rock say that one day we will not need law, because we will be walking in the light.
The fullness of it is that the day Rock is talking about is today, not one day in the future. The natural law of rastafari that HIM teach to his Kings, that is walking in the light. We are not at the stage where we need to read in a book what Jah say is good and bad and then follow it blindly. We follow only divine guidance in our hearts and spirits, and the source is INI, not any book.
The truth is that INI is in meditation 24-7, all the time. That is what consciousness is. We are alive and consciousness is a part of the life that our Father gives us. We do not follow laws or rules, but spiritual guidance at all times.
As for those who still say they follow laws, they are deceived if they believe that. It is not possible for a man to follow a law on paper. We are flesh, and the law we follow is ingrained into our flesh. Our spirits are Jah light that shines and guides. Oneness.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/13/2004 11:35:16 AM

YESSS!!!!

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I