Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=211&start_row=1

it is a natural thing

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 2/11/2004 2:11:53 PM

I see in this forum people saying that it is a struggle, and that we have to fight, and we have to work hard, and all these things. The basic idea behind all these sayings is that there is some toil and struggle to be who we need to be.
I want you all to know it is not so.
I am who I am, and every man is who they are. You don't have to struggle or fight or work to become it. It is a natural thing. I don't have to fight to do the right thing, I do it naturally.
To those who still want to fight and struggle, that is their choice. It is false. Are you struggling to become something other than what you are? Think it over and meditate on it. In time all Jah children will see that true livity and righteousness is a natural thing. No war, no fight up and struggle, no toil, no stress, nothing.
So please let us put away this reasoning about how it is so hard and it is a struggle. Trust me, once you are struggling, you are confused. It is a lie. You are not really struggling..... yes, it is a mystery....... how can you be struggling and it not be true.....
Meditate on this thing name pope paul and you will see that it is a mystery. It has no beginning and it makes no sense.
What I know for sure is that life is a natural thing, no war, no strife.

Messenger: ras_jay Sent: 2/11/2004 4:08:23 PM

Yes I. I agree

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/11/2004 4:55:33 PM

Greetings,

Different people are living in different situations. I and I don't need to struggle to live according to Jah way, I and I just need to accept Jah. But some people need to work hard and struggle to survive and provide for their children in these times. It is easy to say that no struggle is necessary to provide for your children, and some people don't struggle much to achieve these things. But not everyone has the same doors to open, and some people need to struggle, fight and work hard, or else they will die.

It is true that more faith in Jah will help I and I get away from struggles because Jah will provide I and I with blessings. But until I and I faith is that strong, some will need to work hard and struggle, especially those that have children.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 2/12/2004 2:24:02 PM

Reaspect Ark I. A ignorant person would imagine I am fighting the I, because I say different things to what the I say, but it is truth all the time to big up the I, and all INI.
Trust me, all man is going through the same thing. Jah live. Man live, Jah provide and guide INI, so it is one thing for everyone. This struggling thing is pure illusion and nothing else. As Jesus show INI can be like the birds and flowers getting food and beautiful clothes without struggle. This is not any interpretation I am bringing, but just clear reality, straight from Jah to INI. Jah is one and creation is one. Only folly make people imagine that they can get things by working, or struggling. It is Jah always that provide and the hard struggle cannot make anything create. Turst me, the whole world believe that lie, that you can get things by struggling and fighting and fussing.
I know Jah is the bountiful giver of free gifts. Check out that word free, and overstand what it mean. It mean that working and struggling is not the way to get things.
Look within creation and Jah will show INI the truth of these things. It is not by might and power, but by Jah spirit that creation is created.

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 2/12/2004 4:50:19 PM

If you aren't part of the problem, you are part of the solution. One love.

Ital livity!

Ras John

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/13/2004 10:15:06 AM

Greetings,

Jonas, I am happy that the I is saying different things than I am. It give I and I much to reason about.

I agree with the I Jonas about Jah providing I and I with everything. But while people are still far from Jah, then they will struggle. It takes a great deal of faith to trod through earth knowing that Jah will provide everything that is needed, and even in this case, I and I still have I and I duty unto Jah to do his works. Since most people's faith is not strong, they continue to suffer. So when a person is working hard to get paid almost nothing, their hungry belly might look like illusion to the the I Jonas, but it is very real to them.

And remember it has been said:

Genesis 3
17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

--------------------------
And Selassie I show I and I

We have said that whoever doesn't work because he doesn't want to is poor. We have said that wealth has to be gained through hard work. We have said those who don't work starve. And now We add that the capacity to earn depends on the individual: Each individual is responsible for his misfortunes, his fate. It is wrong to expect help to fall from above, as a gift: Wealth has to be deserved. Work is one of the commandments of Our Lord the Creator!

Work
--------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: peter mloyi Sent: 2/16/2004 11:28:03 AM

I don't understand why you mentioned thing like "have to work" to become it. I wonder what kind of a king in you who don't work. I'm not condeming you but asking for more information about it.
I did rise a topic "Rasta fi resistance only?" late last year. Can you connect it with this one and expand your topic.
Mloyi.

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 2/17/2004 5:40:01 PM

Please repeat the message Peter. What is the claim you are making? I will read the reasoning about rasta for resistance in the meantime. It is just that I cannot respond to your last post because I don't know what you're getting at........

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 2/17/2004 6:02:51 PM

I think I have the idea you're getting at, but if I'm off let me know. It seems that you think I'm saying that we don't need to work, and that things will just happen. And it seems also that Ark I is seeing me as rejecting work.
Let me explain.
Mark Twain wrote a book called Tom Sawyer about a playful youngster and his aunt gave him a job to do of painting her fence, which he didn't want to do because he wanted to go and raom and play. So Tom got the paint and the brush and started to work, and when his friends saw him working he pretended that he was having fun painting. His friends saw how much fun he was apparently having and they wanted to get a turn painting the fence. In the end he got many of them to pay him for a chance to paint the fence, because he got them to view painting the fence as play instead of work. For me Mark Twain in that story taught something about work and play.
It is not the thing you are doing, but your attitude that determines if it is work or play. In the garden of eden God told Adam that he could pick any fruit and eat it. There are people in the world today who would see it as a hardship to go and pick a fruit and eat it, they would ask God to bring it to them. Then if he brought it to them, many would think it a hardship to eat the fruit and chew and swallow it. The point is that you can see anything as toil.
Me personally, right now there is a man forcing me to wake up at two in the morning to work for him in his cleaning business. I live at his place because I don't have my own home, and I am looking for a job, but in the meantime I have to work for him if I want to live there. But when I go and push the vacuum and pick up food from off the restaurant floor I don't take it as a hardship. I play with the vacuum singing along in my mind with the motor. I make designs with the vacuum as I push it on the floor. Basically I play a million games during the four hours every night that this man forces me to work for him. And meanwhile their is another guy working with me who is complaining all the time, doing the same thing as me.
Now, I am still overcoming babylon, so I still get upset sometimes by thinking foolish thoughts. So it is not always a game, but my point is that it could be...... Just like eating free food could be a hardship if you choose to look at it that way.
So Jah create the order, and clearly we do things to achieve results, that is part of the order. But this word work is trying to suggest to me that it is a hardship. And then babylon get even more rough, and they teach about a work ethic, saying that we should make up our minds to suffer this hardship, and that when we willingly accept the hardship we are good people. I grew up under this teaching.
So I am speaking words against those teachings, because I know that there is no hardship in Zion. I know that hardship is just in our minds due to babylon teachings. And work ethic teachings is even more folly on top of folly.......
Jah give life, and what he give is free. That is why the redemption is a natural thing, not a struggle. If the I's check the "just a question" reasoning session I am saying this same thing there.
Clearly you have to work to achieve results. Even opening your eyes to look at the sunset or sunrise can be considered as work if you want to look at it that way. But Jah freely give us the spirit and the mind to look and see the sun. It is not work in the sense that Babylon teach us to think. It is a free gift. And yes, we have to do something to receive it, but we are not working to receive it.
Babylon teach us about earning things. They say that when we work we earn according to our works. If you want to look at it like that, then when I open my eyes and look at the sun then it is work, and from that work I earned the sight of the sun. I hope this example should show everyone how foolish is that teaching about work, earning and so on.
Free will, and life, which Jah creates, are such that we do things, and results come from it. That's all I know. It is a mystical thing, not a flesh thing. It is not what you do that causes things to happen, but it is the spirit within you that does what you do, and that is how things happen. The scriptures say this somewhere in Zechariah, "not by might, not by power, but by Jah holy irits, does creation forward from Jah." The King James says: "Not by might, not by power, but by my spirit, says the Lord of Hosts."

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 2/17/2004 8:49:46 PM

Seen, Idren...

Well check- If ya want to live life on your own accord, you can. It's the truth. You can go move into a commune or something and grow your own food, make your own clothes, be at one with nature, yourself, and JAH. You have this opportunity. There are Bobo communities where you can live this kinda life, there are hippy communes in Vermont like the Bread and Puppet, there are all sorts of deals that bredren who don't like the flow of this Western society create and have open to people like yourself. If this kind of lifestyle is something you really want, then go for it! Any person can live righteously and peacefully if they so chose. As the African proverb goes- "If there is no enemy inside, then the enemy outside can do no harm." One love, my bredren.

Ras John

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I