Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=210&start_row=1

lost in the world

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: princess Sent: 2/11/2004 10:57:49 AM

Greetings,

I am a black american female and i feel lost in my faith. I've had this feeling for some time now. In an attempt to find my faith I began reading the Bible. When I read Deuteronomy 28, I knew in my heart without a doubt, that blacks are the Israelites. Deuteronomy 29:66 is describing exactly how I feel living in Washington, DC. I had a conversation about my feelings with a buddy and she said that what I thought is similar to what Rastas believe. A couple weeks later my job told me they were sending me to Ethiopia, I am working on an AIDS resource website. Somehow I feel as though that is a sign. It's unusual for my job to send me anywhere, let alone all the way to Ethiopia. I want to learn more. Where do I start? What do I read? Are there many rastas in the Washington, DC area? Is there anyplace I should definitely visit while in Addis Ababa?

Messenger: Roots Dawtha Sent: 2/11/2004 11:22:59 AM

Princess,

All the answer the I need has been answer. Jah (Creator) is sending the I to Ethiopia. A place where many of us want to go,should go, need to go,to be closer to our roots but I & I do not have the resources or contact. Jah gave the I this opportunity,privelege and this path. This is not by chance,it is faith. Get intune with the I self,meditate, and thank Jah! All the I need to know will come in time. Also the bredren & sistren in this forum will share some of their knowledge with you. Some in this forum is more knowledgeable than I and will give you some incite of what you need to hear and know. I have never been to Eithiopia but I daughter went to Egypt sighting all the pyramids and sharing her overwhelmed joy and knowledge. She brought arts,scrolls and books that was very helpful to I. There is a video that is called Roots Daughter featuring Judy Mowatts that I brought from Canada and spoke & wrote of recently on this site that you should get if you need more info. The video traces and explains a lot about the origin & history of Rastafarians,their culture,women roles and the Ethiopian emperor and spiritual leader of Rastafarians,in Geneva at the Leaque of Nations. As for rastafarian in Washington D.C. I am sure there is rastas that are positive & cultural in the area you reside, but I don't know any to recommend. However I can only share the above info to you. I am so proud to hear one of my sistren is sighting up Jah and is going to Africa. Sistren you have I blessings,trod to Africa with your head high but never ever forget who send you there JAH RASTAFARI! Keep on reading the Good Book (Bible) and all that lonliness,fear will disappear. One Love always! Peace!

Roots Dawtha

Messenger: Zion Child Sent: 2/11/2004 12:06:11 PM

Blessings in the name of Jah Rastafari!

I just wanted to let the I know, D.C has Rastas. Tredding in the livity of Selassie I full force. I live in D.C and their is a community here with open arms for the I. Don't feel lost or overwhelmed because Jah has people set aside for InI, sistren and bredren of the livity, with Jah-sight and Jah-focus. You can reach the I at soulstar07@hotmail.com if you want to link up in the name of love and inity.

Sis. Marisa

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 2/11/2004 1:59:36 PM

What you mean blacks are the isrealites?

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/11/2004 2:05:42 PM

you get out what you put in .i THank JAH, for your trip.LEARN FROM EVRYTHING.

one

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/11/2004 4:41:34 PM

Greetings Sistren,

Itinue reading the Bible, both the old and new testement. Read Selassie I speeches, the I can find many on this website at:

Selassie I words

The I can also buy certain books that contains speeches of Selassie I, and the I can read his autobiography. The I can also read the words of Marcus Garvey, he has many books and the I can also find some of his words at:

Marcus Garvey words

The I can also read some of the reasonings on this forum or others. One thing the I can read is this:

Faith

Also, feel free to reason and ask questions here. This forum was made so that Iron can sharpen Iron. So I and I must sharpen each other.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: peter mloyi Sent: 2/25/2004 11:45:08 AM

Iman recommends Ark I's advice.
Welcome Sister....
' I better be a gate keeper in the house of Jah than be among....".
Mloyi.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I