Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2096&start_row=1

Nesta

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: MessenJAHofGod Sent: 8/21/2007 2:04:42 PM

Did Bob Marley die a Ethiopian Orthodox Christian?

What does this mean for us?

I cannot understand how a man can devote his whole life to one reigion and then immediately switch.

There is much 'information' on this on the internet.

Please tell me what you think.

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 8/21/2007 2:08:50 PM

Him Live on as a Rasta Idren.

JAH RASTAFARI HAILE I SELASSIE I THE FIRST KING ALPHA QUEEEN OMEGA NEGUSA NEGHAST QEDAMAWEE QEDAMAWEE IGZIABHER JAH RASTAFARI!!!!!!!

Messenger: MessenJAHofGod Sent: 8/21/2007 2:17:57 PM

So your saying you dont believe he converted?

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 8/21/2007 3:38:46 PM

RASTAFARI KING HAILE I SELASSIE I

I give I thanks and Ises.

Bless.

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/21/2007 3:46:27 PM

I n I don't worship Bob Marley I n I worship Selassie I. Bob Marley switch of faith(if any) does not impact Rastafari, he was just a Rasta man like the next. He brought word sound and did a lot for the ppl. To others he is a prophet, but I don't like that ppl. think Rastafari= Bob Marley. So, if he switch he switch doesn't effect I n I. I n I should just remember the good things he did, but remember who is the trinity. I was just reasoning with a binghi elder from yard the other day and he was telling I stories bout Bob, it was nice.

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 8/21/2007 3:48:58 PM

Ises prophecy.....Jah bless.

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 8/21/2007 4:00:07 PM

Many Rastas in those days were also baptised Ethiopian Orthodox. this was before the whole controversy where the church in JA made Rastas Trim and shave and denounce Selassie I.
Rastas particularly of the Twelve Tribes were baptised Ethiopian Orthodox because Selassie I was the head of the EOC and it was a natural progression towards JAH Almighty.
It dosen't mean those who were baptised stopped chanting Rastafari.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/22/2007 12:56:22 PM

Ises

The I know that Elder Planno was EOC Member too and recieved an EOC funeral like Bob did? So what does that tell us?

Nyahbinghi is Gvmnt, Planno never switch from that. I n I all is Ithiopian Christians from ever since, the fact is, that is what makes Rasta. You shouldn't be surprised about that.
It's just how we use the definition. During His Majesty's Gvmnt I n I Nyahbinghi were eager to get part in the EOC, not only in JA but also around the world. In fact the Whole Movement in England/London was built on the EOC and EWF. There were many deacons who were Rasta. Cah true Ithiopian Christian is Rasta. The Abuna in those days said I n I can interprete the Bible as I n I do.
His Majesty was head of the church in those days.

But then they turned their backs on the King. It was on 11 Sept. 1974 over Radio that the Abuna betryaed the King. Since that they also turn against I n I. From that on they fight I n I in the Church for we locks and the way I n I live as Nazarenes.
But during His Majesty's time he ordered the EOC to fight for I n I rights as Nazarenes concerning Locks and Livity in schools, prisons, workplaces etc. They did so in London, I know of that first hand.

So I believe there is a misoverstanding in this thread. You can't compare EOC of HIM with EOC now. Many Nyahbinghi Elders were closely connected with the EOC in those days. Coz it was Planno go to the Gvmnt in those days and say RASTA want EOC in JA.

Selah

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I