Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2095&start_row=1

The melanin argument.

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/21/2007 1:10:40 PM

Blessed Love Righteous Family (you know who you are).

I've been asked to elaborate a little on my thoughts and reflections relating to my overstanding of the divine properties of melanin.

I think that the problem with many of our reasonings today comes from a lofty idea that if you are reasoning about salvation, you must be guaranteed it. As if we are in a perfect state to be able to even handle salvation. Many are not embracing their own imperfections, and overstanding them as inflictions part & parcel of the Babylon experience. Inflictions that one need not necessarily be blamed for suffering, but it is our job to identify them without partiality and re-learn of ourselves, and the potential of the ivine human spirit.

Nuff ones even on this site see RasTafari as a free pass to freedom, as if RasTafari can vouch for the weight of the heart. Not so. It is important for us all to unlearn the habits of lower human existence, and re-connect with knowledge of ourselves in anciency. It was the last time things worked for us.

Currently, we exist in an altered state of consciousness to the detriment (13% of our brain, I think is said). We exist in a state of dis-ease... that has been made "normal" through its frequency and proliferation. But it is not "normal". Abnormal is never normal, no matter how many people. Wrong is never right, regardless of how many collaborators there are. I’m saying that because people will say that because a majority of African people are consumed in disease, this somehow removes them from their spiritual genetic inheritance. It doesn’t.

So relating to the penial gland... I think we can go as far as to call it 'fact' that it is widely recognised as a seat of spiritual cognition in the brain. From Israel to Kundalini, forward again to KMT there is no mistaking that.

Your question was regarding the consequent higher spiritual energy.

I think I overs what you are getting at. And it would be totally reasonable in this time and iwah to assert that black people today are no more spiritually advanced than whites, or any other for that matter. I do not think that the value of melanin is a passive asset. Like some special endowment that gives automatic elevation. No. As is demonstrated in the information about the days of our ancestors, there were stages of learning and development one had to pass through to fully understand, let alone utilise, the knowledge of the ancients. Knowledge of the black self, and our cultural processes of learning of the fullness is what has been cut off from InI...

However, I certainly think that the genetic inheritance (from the first man) that melanin provides includes a higher spiritual potential for Africans & descendants. It is written in the DNA.

Western science says that the functional nature of the neuro-melanin pigment, of which you speak, is declared as unknown. However it is found in the substantia nigra (a deep brain nuclei, which is Latin for ‘black substance’). The substantia nigra, among other things contributes to our reticular formation, i.e. the area in our brain that governs our common actions: walking, sleeping, etc. This area of the brain is known to be essential to the basic behaviour of the more advanced of JAH creatures. And like you said there is NO STUDY of a variety of levels based on ethnic variety at this point.

However, neuro-melanin is not created in the penial gland per se. The gland itself secretes melatonin & serotonin. Like all glands in the body its function is to synthesise and secrete hormones that act as neuro-transmitters to the body’s cells. The melanin found in the skin is called eumelanin. Black eumelanin (there is another called brown eumelanin which is what white people and descendants possess) is found in people of African descent, and interestingly can be found in aged Europeans. As well as the presence of the pigment in the skin, skin-tone is based on the frequency of the pigment production in the cells of the skin. Africans having the highest frequency of this pigment production. We don’t need a study to check that out.

The penial gland regulates the production of melanins around the body. The African penial gland is more active than any other.

In addition, melatonin secreted from the penial gland is said to “play a role in” biological rhythms of the body that cycle every 24 hours (i.e. the body’s biology as per melatonin dictated the 24 hour clock). Add to that the fact that the penial gland itself is largest in children, and begins to shrink at the onset of puberty. And the last cool fact I have for you about the gland is that it increases it’s secretion at times of relaxation and visualization (including meditation).

Cheikh Anta Diop in proving the rise of man in the Nile Valley asserted that he had to have been black. It would not have been possible for him to survive the condition had he not risen fully cloaked in the carbon black melanin all over his skin.

I have not led any official study on the matter, neither do I know of any official study that has been undertaken for this purpose. Just because a study has yet to be carried out, it doesn’t mean there’s nothing there to study. Plus InI ancient wisdoms, the wisdom of the ages is born within InI… call it, “genetic memory”, it is for InI to see it, recognise it, and recall it.

To me it seems clear that there is something to be said for the theory equating melanin pigments and the penial gland to the Iritical. If we are able to concur that melanin has something of spiritual value, then it is only in line to concede that; those with more melanin production and use are, genetically speaking, more spiritual in the nature of their very manifestation and existence. The conclusive fact that man was first African before all else, is simply additional fuel to the FIYAH!

In a cultural analysis of the theory, one does not have to go very far to see the remarkable elevation in difference between the way black and white people “feel the spirit”. That is a stereotype that even plagues InI of African descent. But, at the end of the day… it’s all good, cos it’s true. It is unusual to find people who can be more moved emotionally, spiritually, or otherwise, than people of African descent.

Ok... sorry for going on long...

I hope this is of interest to ones and ones who can delve further to uncover the mysteries of old.

Blessed Love!

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 8/21/2007 2:06:31 PM

Greetings in the name of the Most High JAH RASTAFARI IMMANUEL HAILE I SELASSIE I THE FIRST!

Blessed Love Sistren and Bredren round the Forum. Jah bless.

Ises for this post Iyah. This information the I has posted is quite interesting.

Its kinda funny cause as I read it....I felt this familiar vibe from the wrods spoken....almost as if I had heard it all before. Im quite sure in this life, this vessel...i had yet to hear it. Give Ises for sparkin some resaerch for I. Jah bless Ones and Ones......So much Love. RasTafarI King Selassie I Queen Menen I

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/21/2007 4:11:49 PM

respect yaa,

i apologize first if my question leads to frustration ( though that is not my intent), but...

if one (anyone) is to be skeptical about the science which tried to elevate those without melanin above those with, shouldn't one also be skeptical about a science that tries to elevate those with melanin over those without? (i think i read about the melanin concept in "the isis papers" is that correct?

now on the side -- i know you get your guidance through prince emmanuel --- but many of your postings have a sound of buddhism --is that just a coincidence?

peace

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/21/2007 4:19:06 PM

Blessed Love and ises

Give thanks for that post sistren.
I must say, it has never been something i would be interested in researching as far as proving or disproving the validity of the theory (as they say, who feels it knows it) but i am certainly interested in hearing those that have researched this, so If the I gets more information it would be most pleasing to hear

Bless
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 8/21/2007 6:45:08 PM

Still looking has a point.....
I would hate to think that because I was good at math that it had something to do with the pigment of my skin rather than the fact that I had studied and worked hard at math for years (just an example).
But I am not educated on the topic of melanin, and I would like to reason it further.

Give Thanks

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/22/2007 10:15:38 AM

Blessed Love Still Looking... and all!

No Iyah... no coincidence at all. I'm in no doubt that the Buddhist Iemples from South Asia there iceived nuff guidance in the incient imes from said Prince Emmanuel!!

Teehee. Yu dun know. Melchezidek did set the priestical order! Selah.

:) :) :)

Speaking of Buddhism. Has anyone ever heard of a Buddhist prophecy, set in stones on the walls of Borobudur? Very interesting.

Actually, out of curiousity Still... what kind of thing in my postings makes them sound buddhist-ish?

Oh, and relating to skepticism. It's a good point. However, I didn't read up those elements relating to the penial gland from a specific study with the agenda of proving spiritual value of the substance. As with all of my own personal study I try to gather objective elements, or at least facts that have been gathered in the spirit of academic objectivity. If you look at "eugenics" as we referred to previously, it was not an independent scientific study at all. It was a case of measuring people's heads with the already penned conclusion ready in the wings. Any size skull was gonna mean black people were inferior.

However neuro-science is much different. And it is practically impossible to find the information in one place, especially relating to melanin theories. So... I had to look at what the penial gland is, what it does, where it effects. Then seperately look at the areas it effects and the ways in which it effects it... etc etc. So on and so on... til there is a summary of activity and purpose. Know what I mean...?

But I do get what you mean though. It's true. Science schmience. As Ras KebreAb said the origin of the knowledge is within from who feels and knows it.

P.S. Sistrin Osiris... also very true... your being good at maths will have little to do with your melanin production. I would project that melanin advance has more to do with raised potential for spiritual or emotional intelligence.

Thanks for the Rasponses... I thought I would get the usual barrage.

Blessed!

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/22/2007 10:40:51 AM

respect yaa,

first-- i've never heard of the prophecy unless you are speaking of the flying prophecy and the spreading of buddhism to the east.

buddhist-ish? i like that.

"what kind of thing in my postings makes them sound buddhist-ish?"

i don't know exactly --it is just a feel thing ---- i read/study (whatever one wishes to call it) a lot of buddhist texts and ever since i have been reading the i's post on this board --- i get that vibe every now and then. I would have to go back through all of your post to give you specifics, but i know off the top of my head i have heard you talk of self and compassion. maybe it is nothing more than you use terms that are frequently used with buddhist --- next time i see a specific i'll pass it on.

i don't know if i told you, but i reenact morton's skull study in class. quite an eye opener for many.

here is a multiple choice question from that days lesson:

1)who is most likely to be compared to a two-headed gorilla?

a)an intelligent asian
b)an intelligent women
c)an intelligent black
d)an intelligent indian

i make this question up based on an actual published article from the 1800's.

i'll let some guess first

peace

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/22/2007 11:24:02 AM

You know I wanna say c. But I'm gonna be out there and say d. An intelligent Indian.

That's my guess. Teehee

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 8/22/2007 11:45:47 AM

BTW I am a Bredrin, not a Sistren.

Give Thanks

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/22/2007 12:10:37 PM

Aww Sorry. I hope you're not offended.

;)

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I