Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2086&start_row=1

hi ten

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/17/2007 10:05:33 PM

respect ten,

wondering if you know of any good message boards that deal with zimbabwe?

respect

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/18/2007 4:36:50 AM

Praises, you can try zimdaily.com, newzimbabwe.com although these are quite active forums. They're alright but what I don't really like about them is that people tend to use profanities and that becomes the basis of an argument or slandering someone. Both of these forums are hosted by tabloid newspapers and their news is a bit sensational you have to filter some stuff. Anyway zimnetradio.com and zimsite.com are also other forums and on Rastafari Speaks they have reasonings on Africa and a Zim Crisis Watch with newsbits. Bless Aya.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/18/2007 5:33:19 PM

Our beloved government has now ruled in favour of the spying bill meaning they have the right to intercept anyone and everyone's mail, phonecalls or text messages. Freedom has become a fleeting illusion, reality is that we are living in a police state. And now govt is threatening to confiscate any property where rent is charged higher than the regulated price freeze of June 18, they've already done this food stuffs and seized sugar, mealie meal, cooking oil etc from retailers and arrested people for over charging, but how are people supposed to make a living? Its an unreal, but very real and scary situation. The day those price controls are stopped, prices of goods will shoot through the roof its simply a tactic to delay price rises, but the effect is catastrophic - same thing happened with petrol in 2005 and in 2006 when they slashed three zeros and we had a new currency, but it didn't take long before inflation caught up with us again. Somebody in power needs to wake up and realise we need sustainable policies in order to effect positive, permanent changes.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/18/2007 5:58:50 PM

ten,

thanks for the sites --- i will pass them on to i wife.

sorry about the economic news which seems to be still working its way down.

how is your family holding up there (assuming some are still there)?

peace

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/18/2007 7:16:25 PM

Irie
Give thanks for your concern Aya. Most of my family is still there and my brother runs a bakery. He's been arrested six times for overcharging - thankfully he's never spent a minute in the cells because he's connected so he gets released shortly after he arrives at the station. But he's appeared in court, two of the cases were thrown out because the police were over-zealous in their arrests and he had to pay a fine on one while the others are still to come before the courts. Its a crazy situation and I was scared when he told me abt what's been going on, but he's so upbeat about things when I speak to him. It takes alot of strength to endure such hardship. I'm hoping to go before year end and in spite of the crtical situation, I can't wait: )

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/19/2007 7:24:48 AM

kanjan ten,

your brother (even though i do not know him) being up beat does not surprise me. the way many of the zimbabweans i met carried themselves during hard times has been an inspiration for me on tough days. i was there 3 summers ago when people would que their cars for days waiting for gas. to see their positive spirit during those times was quite impressive ----though i wish they did not need to be bearing more hardships ---it just boggles my mind how the haves (and it isn't all of them) can go about their days and not think of the have-nots ....and what is sad is how true gandhi was "there is enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not enough to satisfy their greed"

question.... have you heard of the orginization in zim (i believe it is called padame)that was started by a man to help change the way men view women in the country. i was fortunate when i was there to get to speak at a workshop at zim tech in which he was speaking. he was an excellent speaker and what he was trying to do seems so important to i. if i spelled the name wrong i'll get it from my wife later.

peace

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/19/2007 11:39:49 AM

correct name of the orginization-----"padare"

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I