Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1949&start_row=1

From "Introduction to African Civilization" John G Gordon

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/15/2007 9:21:58 PM

"In egypt 3000 years ago, the birth of the Sun-god was celebrated in the temples on the 25th of december. at the midnight hour, on the very first minute of the 25th of december the birth of the Sun was commemorated. at that time the Sun was in the zodiacal sign capricorn, which was known as the Stable of Augeus: so the infant Sun-god was said to have been born in a stable. shining brightly on the meridian was Sirius(the star from the east): while rising in the east Virgo(the virgin), the line of the horizon was passing through her center. to the right was Orion, the great hunter with stars in his belt. these stars lie in a straight line and point toward Sirius. in ancient times they were known as the 3 kings"

"Introduction to African Civilization" John G. Jackson pg. 144

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/16/2007 8:25:43 PM

if this is a rasta site which hails up africa --- why no repsonse to this book passage which states that the story of jesus which is believed by millions to be real was really a reworking from africans?

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/16/2007 8:29:52 PM

Humble Aya, you only posted this yesterday, give people time, answers will come. Why always so quick to fire Rastas for this n that? If you have a view share and reason in peace I....was Augeus not a King in Ancient Greek Mythology who required his stables to be cleaned out on a regular basis and even Hercules did so for him? And then Europeans took that story and connected it to the birth of Jesus? That's my interpretation, unless if the I knows it different...But please I implore you, can we reason in peace, I don't mind disagreeing, but vexing one another is not irie.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/17/2007 4:45:57 PM

Ises

The reason is, that the man has so many words to say, but so less time to think about it. Beloved, take time. We hear you. We don't run or rush, just take your time and stay cool.

So the I think when Rasta is interested in Africa this is only about Kemet? I did not see the I posting, nor having, any knowledge of Ithiopia.

Did you ever learn of the Black African Kingdoms of the Indus Valley civilisation or the Black African Hebrews? The white man throws one single word at you, and this is Egypt, and you don't think about going beyond that?

But everybody has to find what fits for him. You are surprised to find Christ paralells in Africa? And you claim to overstand RastafarI? You don't have to try to make us laugh, my friend, just try to make us reason.

If Kemet Ancient Religion is the right thing for you, then be it so. Everybody has to find this for himself. Did you know that Kemet wrote in its papyri that they came from inner Africa, from the mighty mountains of Ithiopia? Maybe you go even beyond kemet. But you have to know that for yourself, my Lord.
If you find kemet ancient gods are the right thing for you, then go and worship. But for a man who does not like to have even ONE god, you surprise me when you now like to have so many gods. Or are many egyptian gods better than one hebrew god?
But this is only for you to decide.

I wish you all the best with the decision you make, and all the best with you worship and all that, beloved.

Only one last question which comes to my mind right now. How often did you hear His Majesty talking about KMT? Maybe you should really stop wasting your time on all this quarrelling here, and find out that this site has one of the best lists of HIM Words on the net. I wish you all the best, much love. lov love

Selah

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I