Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=194&start_row=1

difference between Rastafarian and ethiopian christians

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sipe Sent: 2/4/2004 11:29:03 AM

Could you explain me the fondamental difference between Rastafarism and ethiopian Chrisianism?

Thank You

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/4/2004 11:33:25 AM

Greetings,

One big difference is that most Ethiopian Orthodox Christians don't see Haile Selassie I as One with Jah.

Also, a lot of the ceromonies and traditions of RasTafarI people are different than the Ethiopian Orthodox. There are some similarities, but much of it is different.

Bless,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 2/4/2004 10:05:47 PM

A lot of Rastas are Ethiopian Orthodox... my engineer for my reggae music is... a very chill man.

Bless up - Haile Selassie!

Ras John

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 12/8/2004 12:15:40 PM

Ras John, your 'engineer' is not no Rastaman for if he EOC he denounce Selassie.

I respect the EOC greatly and wouldnt mind attending their church but NOT become a member, just to gain a higher overstanding.

Ras ElI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/8/2004 9:33:10 PM

There is an Ethiopian Orthodox church in Toronto that is not an official Ethiopian Church. Mostly Rastas attend this church. I have never been to it so I don't know much about it, but I think that they see Selassie.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 12/28/2004 12:54:53 PM

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING my engineer isnt Rastafarian

Of course he is. He has also been baptised EOC. Many Rastafarians are baptised EOC, and they are just as much a member of the church as they are a part of the Rastafari movement. Selassie I is EOC, HIM JAH, so where is the line- how can you say a Rastafarian can not be a member of EOC- you cant.

A lot of Ethiopian Othodox Christians do not regard Selassie I as God, but many do. In Jamaica the Ethiopian Othodox Church, along with the priests in the church, is a large part in the Rastafari movement.

A lot of people who call themselves Rasta are so out of touch with Selassie HIMself, they denounce Christianity which is one of the main things Selassie came to bring light to. Deny Christ you deny Selassie. Deny EOC you deny Selassie. Anyone who denies Selassie I, of course, is not Rastafarian.

Blessings and guidance - Rastafari

Ras John

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 12/28/2004 6:03:36 PM

what about a nyahbinghi house in europe ? is there a nyabinghi-community in europe ?

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/29/2004 12:38:41 AM

I say that brother because to be a Christian is to follow Christ, but not to see Selassie I as God. He has altered the beleifs of Christianity to fit themselves RastafarI. I am not saying it is wrong but nor am I saying it is right, we have already had thee discussion on how many Rasta-Musicians & RastafarI figures have said to be baptised in the EOC before death. What is said is said at the end of the day brother just perspectives.

Thank you for your Intrest,
Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 12/29/2004 12:54:39 AM

Well sometimes bredren its not the right in the decision but the uprightness of a desicion. And yes there are some who baptized EOC, but there are also many Christians including pastors and preists who have come to hail Rastafari. Plus let us also keep in mind that those who did become baptized in the EOC, was all done in Jamaica, where the Abuna who betrayed His Majesty was present.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/29/2004 1:49:41 AM

Let all who Live in Love Itinue to Live in Love.

Trod towards the direction that the I sights as Truth and Right, and spread Jah seed to others, so that the fruits of the words can grow and multiply.

If a person can't see Selassie I, then teach them the ways of Jah. If they are meant to sight Selassie I, then they will sight HIM in due time.

All who heed the guidance of Jah Spirit are One with Jah.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I