Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=194&start_row=11

difference between Rastafarian and ethiopian christians

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: LaToya Sent: 12/3/2013 9:48:47 PM

hi there, I know this post is SUPER old, but can you tell me more about your church? I live in Toronto, and I would like to know where it is? what's it called? thank you

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/4/2013 5:27:54 AM

What are the similarities of the Orthodox and Rastafari?

That should be our main focus rather than differences

WE ALL ARE ONE

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/6/2013 10:22:43 AM

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 12/28/2004 5:54:53 PM

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING my engineer isnt Rastafarian

Of course he is. He has also been baptised EOC. Many Rastafarians are baptised EOC, and they are just as much a member of the church as they are a part of the Rastafari movement. Selassie I is EOC, HIM JAH, so where is the line- how can you say a Rastafarian can not be a member of EOC- you cant.

A lot of Ethiopian Othodox Christians do not regard Selassie I as God, but many do. In Jamaica the Ethiopian Othodox Church, along with the priests in the church, is a large part in the Rastafari movement.

A lot of people who call themselves Rasta are so out of touch with Selassie HIMself, they denounce Christianity which is one of the main things Selassie came to bring light to. Deny Christ you deny Selassie. Deny EOC you deny Selassie. Anyone who denies Selassie I, of course, is not Rastafarian.

Blessings and guidance - Rastafari

Ras John

- GARVEYS AFRICA FOUND THIS FUNNY. GIVEN THE DATE OF 2004 I WONT RESPOND AS IT WOULD BE UNFAIR AS I ASSUME JOHN IS NO LONGER ON THIS FORUM?

BUT LOL

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I