Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1900&start_row=1

new book

Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 5/30/2007 7:48:46 PM

The man who turned into a Rastafarian
by Masimba Musodza
Available from the Ites Store
£10 / $20 / €15 + postage & packing
Parental advisory: This book deals with adult topics and is not suitable for minors.
"A book of short fictional stories set in the Rastafari community in Zimbabwe. This book offers a fascinating insight into the reality of life for I&I in this African country.
Although I do read quite a bit of fiction, normally I would not read short stories as I don't particularly like them. Still I can say that from the minute I started reading this book I could not put it down.
The stories are well written and paint a picture of life in Zimbabwe that is not usually available to I&I in the west.
I look forward to reading more books from this very talented Rastafari bredren. " - Sista Marydread

Blurb from the back cover -
"When the tables are turned, a man finds himself capable of acting out only his most deep-seated prejudices and finding out just how destructive they are if they accurately depicted the people he ascribes them to. A young woman, caught up in the prevalent political situation, adroitly contrives with the system to establish her belief as a point of International Law.
These and other themes make up The man who turned into a Rastafarian - the reality of the Rastafarian experience in contemporary Zimbabwe told in these works of fiction by one of the people. Bold exploratory, revealing, celebrating, sometimes humerous, sometimes fatalistic, and sometimes defiant. A first for the literature of a country where any religious system outside the charismatic Christian Evangelist-Pentecostal movement largely exists on the media's blind spot."

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I