Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1884&start_row=1

Know your bible

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras power Sent: 5/24/2007 11:02:10 PM

To day man sees all his hope and aspiration crumble before their eyes, they no not where they drift, he must realise that his hope is in thee bible. Unless he accepts it's message with a clear conscience ..... For my part i glory in the bible.( his majesty on the bible) remember the bible explains itself, isaiah said ....who shall ye teach knowledge and who shall ye give understanding for percept must be upon percept a line upon a line , here a little there a little. What it is saying is example all scriptures mentioning david read to overstand what is ment about david. Revelation 17v1 speaks of a beast upon many waters and chapter 15 explain

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/26/2007 12:55:22 AM

The beast upon many waters....
well its too tiring to go into details...the scarlet and purple colours,the gold and precious stones, the cup, the blood of the saints, the title "Mother of harlots",......."Mother" is especially a great hint i think..........i think its not that hard to see just who we are talking about.

Rev. 17.18
And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

" Pope John Paul's funeral brought together the single largest gathering of heads of state in history, surpassing the funeral of Winston Churchill. In a historical rarity, Protestant and Eastern Orthodox Christian leaders, as well as leaders in Judaism and Islam, offered memorials and prayers of their own for their congregants sharing in the grief of Catholics. Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I attended the funeral from the honorary first seat; this was the first time an Ecumenical Patriarch attended a papal funeral since the Great Schism. The Archbishop of Canterbury was present at the papal funeral for the first time since the Church of England broke with the papacy in the 16th century. For the first time ever, the head of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahido Church, Patriarch Abune Paulos attended the Papal funeral.
It is thought that billions of people had watched the funeral either through actually being in Vatican Square, watching it on television live, or watching a taped version "

As i see it
Jah Love
Rastafar Is

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 5/26/2007 2:16:30 PM

Greetings in the name of the most high JAH

I read the bible, but lately I been not questioning, but THINKING about questioning. I need guidance from my bredren...First of all I dont know what version of the bible I want to read all the way from beginning to start.Didnt Selassie I write a version? Also I dont know what to think about the violence in the old testament. My god is love, and some of the stoning and things get under my skin dig?
I know you cats can clear this up for me. I Beliefe there is alot of beneficial wisdom in the bible, but I wont read a bible from beginning to end unless I know the version I read aint corrupted on every page.

JAH bless
DOMINIC

Messenger: Ten Sent: 5/26/2007 2:30:45 PM

I, as far as I know Sellasie's I utterances are collected into an Ible for I n I, they form as Spiritual Word like the Holy Bible. The Black Heritage Bible is one I've found to be useful because it contains information on the Biblical links between Africa andthe Middle East and it emphasises the truth that Blacks were the people in the Bible, clearing up all confusion of a white God and white Jesus. But concerning the violence, I understand what the I means. I too face that problem when chanting the Psalms of David, at times he asks the Most High to avenge his enemies in the most gruesome ways and I cant think of JAH as doing these wicked things.

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 5/26/2007 3:08:51 PM

Greetings in the name of the most high JAH

So when you see storys about stoning and violence and all kinds of stuff like that what do you think? I read a story about a man called ED GAIN. his mom would read him these crazy storys from the old testament, and thats why I think he turned out the way he did. Anyway the black heritage bible is it online? I got the autobiography from SELASSIE I but I dont have any other books from him. But didnt he Interpret a version of the bible? But for real them storys of violence make me think twice about the holy books. Like the Quran has good teachings of love and things, but then later in the books talks about rightful killings and beating women if they step out of order. WHAT??? I dont like this you know?

JAH BLESS
Dominic

Messenger: Ten Sent: 5/26/2007 5:58:01 PM

Its sad that someone would use the Bible as form of psychological torture, that can't be right...And also Black people were tortured through the Bible by slave and colonial masters under the guise of do-gooder missionaries or those who wouldn't even hide their hatred like the KKK and the Nazis....Iditating more on the Ible the most important thing to remember is that people like Moses, Jonah, Daniel, David, Esther etc all loved God. In times of trouble they leaned on guide and they had faith so firm, nothing in them could be moved. So when David says things like JAH is a terrible God, it might be our interpretation of the word as it means terrible today but maybe he means you are a God to be feared because He is so great and can do anything...The violent things like the wars or Noah's ark when the world was drowned excl those upon the ark, it does put fear in you. The unrighteous are punished through death and tragedy is what a first glance might interpret, but JAH is a Father and when you do wrong you have to be corrected. But the judgements against the Chaldeans or Judah or the fall of Zion those are things we could also see in terms of war, it was a time of jihad and when its like that JAH is a great warrior who comes to fight the wicked. In this life there are wicked people, as there are good people and the stories in the Ible are JAH’s way of separating the good from the bad like the analogy of the Shepherd or as David says the wicked are like chaff that shall be blown away by the wind. Its a constant spiritual battle thats ongoing even to this day, things happen all over the world like and if we saw things through the Ible we’d see ourselves in holy days. Violent things happen as an equal and opposite reaction to the evil action that brought it on in the first place, September 11 in the US, July 7 in the UK, wars of liberation all over Africa....Its like the prophecies of doom against the Chaldeans or Judah or the fall of Zion, if you fail to honour the Most High, there is a reaction. But that does not mean we should live in fear of HIM, rather live in love. Don’t see HIM as a punishing God, but HIS punishment as the resultant effect of one’s actions, its not a complete answer as there are many questions still lingering in my mind, but I guess I n I need to reason more and JAH will reveal. Bless. PS Black Heritage Bible, have never seen an online copy but I know you can buy it online.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 5/26/2007 9:01:56 PM

At some point, it has to be okay for people to know that the Bible wasn't written by God. God doesn't write things down on paper. God writes in the sky, in the ocean, on the Earth. God writes history as it happens, before it happens, and after it happens because God makes things happen. People write words down, people assume that the unexplainable is the will of God and the explainable is not. People decide that science and God are different, that mathematics are technical and therefore not holy. God writes DNA, not prose. Divine insperation is the source of all art and knowledge but that doen't mean that all of the works of Man can be called divine. Why is it okay to say that God wrote the Bible but not to say that God painted the Mona Lisa? The word of God is not in a book Idren, the word of God is in your heart. If God wants to tell you something, God simply tells you something. God doesn't write you a letter. King David, Jesus the Christ, even His Majesty Himself were no different than you or I, they spoke to God and God spoke back. Try it and see if it doesn't work for you too. Jesus the Christ refered to himself as the Son of Man, it was certain disciples who labeled him the son of God. Yes, know your Bible but also know yourself and know your God. If you engage in dialog with God you will never have to question what is true and what is false. You will never wonder what kind of god God is, you will know. You will find yourself in a constant state of knowing, this is the great works that Jesus spoke of. Knowing that God is inside of you as God is inside of me and inside of every plant and every being, every element and every drop of rain. To conquer death one must know that death is an Earthly state of being that simply does not exist for celestrial bodies. You are a visitor in a vessel, matter can not be created or destroyed. Matter can be converted into energy by fire, life cannot exist without heat. Matter is life is energy is fire. You can burn a book but you cannot burn a story. What did people do before the Bible? How can rightiousness be wirtten about if it is based on the book it is written in. You know right from wrong because it is written in your heart, on your soul, in your spirit; not because the Bible tells you so. The Bible is a tool. Just as a hammer cannot build a house, a book can tell you a story about a man but it can not create a living being.

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 5/27/2007 1:33:30 AM

well said...

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 5/27/2007 2:36:53 AM

Still though, All the RASTA know that you know? We can overstand that. What I cant overstand is why all these gruesome storys? I mean theres alot of them and I cant overstand the truth or moral in them sometimes...I hope JAH can guide me to figure out these questions about all of the animal sacrifices and killings going on.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 5/27/2007 7:39:16 AM

why all the gruesome stories?----because some people were and still are gruesome.

as one said, the bible was written by man. the question is why? and for all books written even today --there is a why? maybe to make money. maybe to share a story. maybe to teach a lesson. and that is where the bible falls. now what is the lesson? well lets think how the bible has been used hisorically. it has been used to tell people how to live and to scare them that if they don't live according to the rules they will end up in a horriblle place for eternity.

so---the story of jesus could be quite possibly a warning to the people of what will happen to you if you f**k with the system. in the amazon or jungle you may be walking and come across some skulls on a stick as a warning. well for those that can read --- the bible works quite well.

the bible was used to screw africa and i will always speak out agains it especially when someone is trying to lift it up as some "divine" work. it was written by man for the use of man.

just as the egyptians came up with the concept of everyone going to the afterlife if they were good (read -- don't rob the kings tomb), the bible does the same.

shit---the slave should love his master as if he was god ---does that man anything to you?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I