Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1874&start_row=11

Jehova witness

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dominic Sent: 5/23/2007 1:24:43 PM

My bredren,

Selassie I was part of a religion...

Have you meet any JW's yourself?

Messenger: Holy Jovini Sent: 5/23/2007 1:57:29 PM

I dont like that word religion because the way mankind fought for their belief, i and i dont deal wit belief, i deal wit knowledge. I know His Imperial Majesty I is true King because of his teachings and actions. If it wasnt for HIM alot of i wouldnt be. Word is power full, becareful.

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 5/24/2007 2:15:33 AM

Orthodox Christianity is part of a major religion...no disrespect to his majesty or anything. Im sayin have you reasoned with any JW's?

Messenger: IIESI Sent: 5/24/2007 4:44:12 AM

Greetings to all my bredren & sistren!

Yes I did...
They (2) knocked at my door and asked my whether I like God. I just said that Jah is my ultralarge love. They thought I'm kidding dem and when they realised I'm not they were quite astonished. They told they are JW's and asked 'what' I am.
Me: "RASTAFARI!"
JW's: "Isn't that just an excuse to smoke marijuana?"
Anyway, we were speaking 'bout the bible as THE teaching material par excellence. One of them said he has read the Koran and this would be a much more agressive book. Unfortunatly I haven't read any word of it yet, but I can't belive this assertion!
They liked it I'm saying Jah what is closed to Jehova. I enjoied the conversation; I know dem have a better view on Rasta now. But when they came another time (~4weeks later) it was as if they are running a program with me. They told me why they call themselves Jehova witnesses, what's so important about this name etc.
I didn'd like what they said because it seemed to be closed-minded. They were not supposed to have a look across the horizon of JW's doctrines.

So, whatever you wanna know, don't hesitate to ask!

Jah bless

IIESI
I&I G.ender

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/24/2007 11:14:48 PM

I have reasoned with Jehova witnesses several times. We don't always agree, but the thing I like about them when compared to many from other religions, is that they study the bible, they don't just go to church. There probably are Jehovah witnesses that just go to church, but I guess those ones aren't the ones who are likely to come to reason.

One thing that doesn't sit right with I is that many I have talked to are ruled too much by their church rulers. This ties in to their view of the last prophets.

For example, sometimes if I reason of something that they haven't read about in the literature of their rulers, they are not willing to check their own spirit and reason about it. They will tell I instead that they need to "check their literature". They want to see what they are supposed to think about the subject.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: HIMrulesWEall Sent: 5/25/2007 12:51:50 PM

haha

RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/25/2007 9:52:19 PM

Red Fyah Burn pon jehovas witness
Before anyone jumps down my neck..i have no problem with people but i will burn out this false belief system, a system that is spreading confusion all over Africa today
Check how this religion started, who are the people who started it,check their backgrounds and what they are really about and get back to I
And read again what Ark I is saying.

Rasta spread the word through Love while some a try and spread them germs through them money but them cant buy all of us out.

Selassie I Pon the Peak
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 5/26/2007 3:14:33 PM

So why everyone saying FIRE BURN???

would you cats want other people to say BURN RASTA!? You have to remember to show respect to other people faith. what IF for some reason a JW came here and looked at the reasoning. YOu cats chanting BURN BURN are as narrowminded as the baldhead. Please dont writed fire burn and shit like that, its not right. WHen I posted this I had no intention of Downtalking these people. I just wanted to know people opinion on the subject. If you got something no-positive to add ,thats your experice. Thats what I wanna hear about.If you have a good experience thats what I wanna hear. Express yourself with RASPECT.

Remeber dont do to others what you wouldnt want done to yourself.

That includes what you say.

Jah Bless
Dominic

Messenger: HIMrulesWEall Sent: 5/27/2007 11:38:31 AM

Fiyah BURN Falsities.

RasTafarI Truth be We!

Haile I Selassie I the FIRST!

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/27/2007 2:03:43 PM

Redda fyah still

If unity comes at the expense of the truth then i for one dont want any part of it

Stand predominant
Rastafari Is

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I